“Great room, great value”

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #5 of 6 Cranbrook B&B and Inns
Courtenay, Canada
“Great room, great value”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here for three nights. Can't beat the price. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Nice and quiet even though we were ground level and faced the parking lot/street. Front desk staff was very nice and housekeeping did great job throughout our stay. Only complaint I have is the waitress that served us our breakfast each morning was unpleasant bordering on rude. Every morning same attitude. Only negative thing about an otherwise really nice stay.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are probably fine. I stayed bottom floor facing the street and it was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ErinCourt
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at our hotel.
I truly appreciate your comments and was glad to read that the quality of your room met your expectations and that service from the front desk employees was on a positive note. I have shared your compliments with the staff involved and they are happy to know their extra efforts are recognized. I do apologize for the experience you had in our Café and assure you that this has been addressed.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment and we do hope to have you back as our guest in the future.

Regards
Collin N Johnston
General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Saskatchewan
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed with our three year old granddaughter, we had a very nice, clean room with great beds. The pool was really nice, big pool and a nice hot tub. There were men's and ladies washrooms and changing rooms in the pool area. The pool could have been a little warmer but otherwise, really good.

Our room was on the main floor, was very nice and quiet. Parking was good. We were able to park very near our room.

Staff was very friendly, the hot breakfast that was included with our room was really good.

It was a great value for 87.00 plus taxes, I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MommaL830
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time post your comments on your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit and that you had a chance to enjoy many of our guest services and amenities. The Staff and Management always strive to offer our guests the best possible stay and I will ensure that your comments are shared with all of them.
We appreciate you choosing the Heritage Inn and look forward to having you back as our guest on your next visit.

General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre – Cranbrook

P.S. Go Riders Go!
Invermere British Columbia Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2012

The Heritage In is really basic good value with comfortable beds, good service, clean and what you would expect an Inn to be. Quiet, with free hot breakfast that is unbeatable.Reasonably priced
and fridge and microwave in room.

Room Tip: there are no elevators so mobility impaired guests should request a lower floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass these along to our Management and Staff. We always strive to offer our guests a clean and comfortable stay and I am so glad that you made use of the convenient room amenities like the microwave and fridge.
It is great that you also had a chance to experience our free hot breakfast. It really is a guest favorite.
Once again, I appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cranbrook.

Collin N Johnston
LLOYDMINSTER
Reviewed 16 September 2012

i would definately come back here. stayed for 3 nights and had no problems. Asked for a fridge and microwave when i reserved the room and they were there in our room, requested some more pillows and got those also.
We didn't use the pool so can't comment on that.
The Skyline was great, toonie meals for kids is a great idea. The meals were good and the free breakfast is hot and good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review regarding your last stay with us. I am very happy that you had a good experience and have shared your comments with my staff and management. We pride ourselves on quality service and providing a positive and comfortable stay for our guests.

I am glad you had a chance to experience the menu at the Skylight Café. Yes, we do find parents enjoy the option of the new “Toonie Kids Lunch & Dinner Menu” just about as much as the little ones.

We look forward to having you back in the near future and once again, thank you for taking the time to comment.

General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was the first conference center built on Cranbrook in the mid 1970's, and it's a little worn, a little outdate, but sparkling clean, and comfortable. The staff and service were excellent, and we enjoyed dinner and breakfast at the Skyline. they cater to the senior crowd, and it's a nice change from all the places with water slides, and grumpy kids. there is a nice pool., a full bar, and you will be able to relax the cares of the road as you visit here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your business and thank you for your comments. Yes, our hotel has been around for several years and many employees have been with us for many years as well. We value your comfort and satisfaction and take pride in making you feel at home. We are committed to upgrading our property and continue to do so.
I have shared your comments with my staff and management. Once again, we appreciate your feedback.
We all look forward to welcoming you back as one of our guests the next time you are in the Cranbrook area.

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Castlegar, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I purchased 2 nights stay and the Heritage and 3 round of golfs at a Rotary Fundraiser in Castlegar. Firstly, thank you to the Heritage Inn for donating to this important event which raises funds for local and international projects.
When deciding when to book I used Trip Advisor and looked at reviews for the Heritage and found several "not so happy customers". Although I am really only interested in a clean bed I was pleasantly surprised. Yes, this is an older hotel but the room was tastefully updated, with a coffee pot, microwave and small fridge. The room was clean with a comfortable bed with a duvet wraped in crisp white sheets and nice fluffy pillows. Not the disgusting floral bedspreads that you see in many 2-3 star hotels. This hotel doesn't have central air so the air conditioner is a window unit that does make noise. (We brought ear plugs). Our room faced the side of the hotel and we didn't experience any disturbing road or rail noise and had two very sound and comfortable sleeps. If engaged, I found the hotel staff friendly and not at all rude. The free breakfast served in the hotel restaurant is regular bacon and eggs that you would find on any breakfast menu and is simple but certainly adequate and beats the heck out of any continental breakfast. Although I didn't use any of the other facilities, the pool and hot tub appeared neat and clean.
One thing I found unusual is the lower floor is home to a Canadian Legion.
In the past I have stay at both the St. Eugene and the Prestige. Both of these facilities are newer but didn't have anything more to offer than central air. In fact my room at St. Eugene was next to the elevator and woke me several times during the night.
My only complaint (not really a complaint) is the bathroom lighting isn't very good and they don't provide hair conditioner so bring your own.

Room Tip: Room 224 was a fantastic sleep.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us and also for taking the time to make mention of the package provided for the fundraiser you had attended. The Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre has been in business for over 25 years and has been committed to supporting many community events in Cranbrook and surrounding area.
I value your positive comments about your room, our staff and the breakfast you experienced. I have shared this with our management and staff, as comments like yours show our efforts are noted and appreciated.
I will be checking into your review of the washroom lighting to see if there is a way to improve this.
I do hope the next time you visit Cranbrook, you will be our guest again.
Please stop in and say hello.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

Well it was okay overall to stay. Unfortunately when my sister and I wanted to go use the pool the key we were given didn't unlock the door even tho' the key said pool on it. The steps down to the pool was steep from the top so I strained my foot a little. The restaurant was slow to serve, and it wasn't very busy. Indeed two members of staff had to both work on a small family's bill! The food was all right, breakfast was better as we all were served quicker and the free hot breakfast is a very good deal! But I don't recommend the sausage and the toast ordered was mostly burnt.

• Stayed July 2012
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. Our main focus is to provide strong customer service and an excellent experience and I am sorry that service levels appeared to not be at the standard set forth by the Company. My apologies for the inconvenience you experienced while visiting the pool. I have reviewed this with our maintenance division and immediate corrections were made. I have also reviewed your restaurant experience directly with the Season’s Café staff as well the kitchen staff and changes/corrections have been made. I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
I do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Cranbrook. Please phone me directly as I would appreciate the opportunity to upgrade your room.

Go Riders Go!