“Nice stay but nothing special”

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I stayed 1 night at the Heritage Inn in Cranbrook BC. It was a nice stay but wasn't as nice as I was expecting. The rooms were ok and the staff didn't seem all that excited to be there. The mattresses were uncomfortable the carpet was dirty anywhere that the vacuume didn't touch, like behind the door and around the furniture. We were told that there was a comedy act in the lounge but that was canceled because there was no audience at the time the show started. Also on Saturday morning there was some kind of paramedic training that blocked the main stairwell down to the pool and fitness area. Once my wife got to the pool and fitness area she did enjoy it and they were nice and clean. We had friends staying there also and they said not to waste our time with the free breakfast cause it wasn't all that great. We didn't try it so we don't have a personal opinion. Not sure if we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Train tracks run by the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Guest,
I appreciate the feedback on your stay with us and would like to apologize that it was not up to your expectations. I have reviewed your comments directly with our management and staff. Since our customer service generally receives positive reviews, your impression has reminded us of the importance of consistent service and all departments have been addressed. Standards and procedures have been reviewed with housekeeping and maintenance regarding the state of your room.
I am happy that your wife had a chance to enjoy the pool however I am sorry for the inconvenience caused by the blocked stairwell and changes have been made so this will not happen again.
The Comedian should have performed regardless the number of people in the lounge. This decision has been investigated and policies put in place. Sorry again for any disappointment this may have caused.
Our Free Hot Breakfast has been well received by our customers and I am going to continue to personally monitor this offer for both value and guest satisfaction.
I take your comments very seriously and once again apologize for the number of things that appeared to go wrong with your stay. I assure you this is not the norm and I do hope you consider giving us another chance next time you are in Cranbrook. If so, I ask that you please call me directly to make your reservations.
Regards
General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

There are newer reviews for Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night on September 2012. After a long drive from Spokane, Washington, we were happy to find this place. It is not a 5-star hotel but the friendly staff who welcomed us excel in customer service. I rate this hotel as very good for its customer service.

The price was cheap and the free breakfast filled us up. My husband and I especially love the swimming pool. We had a good time the next day just using up the rest of our stay in the swimming pool. The tropical mural was cute and kind of funny, it makes you forget you're in Cranbook, Canada! Just see it for yourself.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the stay you had with us. I was happy to read your remarks about the friendly Staff and the positive customer service given. Our Employees work very hard and it is wonderful to see that it made an impression. I always share customer comments with them, positive or negative, as this creates an opportunity for us to improve and continue with the areas that we do well in.
I am also glad you enjoyed our pool and our free hot breakfast. Both are popular perks of staying with us and we are pleased to offer them.
Again thank you for taking the time and we do hope to have you back as our guest the next time you travel through Cranbrook.

Regards
General Manager – Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We were very happy with our stay at the Heritage Inn, Cranbrook. All the staff we spoke to were friendly and helpful, the room was large and comfortable. There was a good selection for breakfast, portions were a good size, and the food was tasty. Excellent value. We would like to say a special thanks to Howard who went well out of his way to help us with our car (which got stuck in snow) - like another reviewer said: really above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard C
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read your positive comments and appreciate you taking the time to post them. My Staff takes pride in offering great service to our customers and I will be sure to share your review with them. I will also let Howard know that his extra efforts were recognized. I know he will appreciate this.
Thank you as well for making mention of the excellent value you received in both the comfort of your room and the breakfast you enjoyed.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I travel on business and usually stay at one of the other hotels in the area but this time through I called them up and they where double the price for a standard room as what the heritage had so I took the chance and I'm glad I did. Clean rooms, comfy bed, friendly staff and a good breakfast! The ruins aren't brand new and they aren't perfect but I can't get over the purge place being over $200/night in November after taxs. I will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed: November 2013
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review and for sharing your positive experience.
I was glad to read your comments about the clean and comfortable stay you had and the friendly service provided. The value and convenience of our free hot breakfast is something that we are proud to offer and I was so pleased to see that you enjoyed it. I will be sure to share your review with all my Staff.
Thank you for giving us a try. On your next stay, please stop in and see me as I would like to thank you personally for the positive review.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband, dog and myself recently spent two nights at the Heritage Inn in Cranbrook. It was indeed a pleasure to stay here. The room was very comfortable, quiet (on the back side) and clean, of course. The staff, including the General Manager were very accommodating. The stay included a hot breakfast which was from the menu in the dining room. It was a great breakfast! We will come back here when we need an overnight stay in Cranbrook. Sincerely,Jacqueline Kuetbach

Room Tip: Rooms in the back would be quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was nice to read that you enjoyed the comforts of your room, the good food and the service provided by the staff. I will be sure to share your review with them.
We have been a pet friendly property for some time and know it is a welcome option for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you and your dog back to stay with us the next time you are in town.

General Manger

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was stranded in Cranbrook BC when the airlines were full and no flights over the weekend. I checked in (great rate for a great hotel) and asked for help from the desk staff. Both jumped right in and helped me connect with the local bus service to get me to Calgary (250 miles away) to make a flight back to the US in time to meet obligations here. Hotel food was super, staff was outstanding and I would tell anyone to try the pasta bar for dinner. Great place!

Room Tip: BAck fo the hotel away from the road, lots of truck traffic nearby.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I was so very pleased to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write it. I will be sure to share your compliments with my staff and I know they will be happy to know their efforts were recognized. I have a great team here at the Heritage Inn and customer satisfaction is number one. I am so glad that we were able to assist you in solving your travel dilemma and that your stay with us was great. I was also happy to see that you had time to enjoy a meal in our on- site restaurant. The Pasta Bar is delicious and a client favorite!
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cranbrook.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here for one night with our dog. The room was just adequate. Somewhat outdated, no flat screen TV here. The carpet had a noticeable stain on it between the beds which we reported to the front desk and the staff in the morning. The bed was hard (no pillow top mattress here!). The room was on the front of the hotel and traffic noise was noticeable, but realize that could not be helped. Enquired about Internet and got handed a slip of paper with instructions but never did get a connection. Breakfast was excellent.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. It was great to read that you enjoyed the value of our $95 rate including our hot breakfast.
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your room. At this time a large percentage of our rooms have been renovated and we have the remaining rooms scheduled. These renovations include new pillow top beds and flat screen TV’s.
We hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in the area. Please contact me and so that I may show you the changes we are making.