“Thanks Sandman Cranbrook :)”

Sandman Inn Cranbrook
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Salmon Arm, Canada
“Thanks Sandman Cranbrook :)”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

My bestfriend and I travelled to Cranbrook for the August Long Weekend and when we got there the hotel that we had originally booked, had lost our reservation! After arguing with their staff we just decided to go find another hotel for the night. When we arrived at the Sandman the staff was so helpful and cheerful! They had mentioned that the hotel was close to selling out, but that they could get us a good rate, and a quiet room with 2 beds. The room was perfect - comfortable beds, clean, a/c! There's a Denny's restaurant at the hotel and the indoor pool was refreshing after a long drive.
Thanks for making our trip a success - we'll know who to book with FIRST for next time!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank celeste_ials
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Thank you for your response. I am glad that we were able to meet your accommodation needs after a mix-up at a different location. Travelling in the Cranbrook area on an August long weekend without a room reservation can often result in not being able to obtain a unit. I am happy that we will be your first choice on your next trip to Cranbrook, which we hope will be soon.

Dan Schellenberg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Invermere, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We've stayed at this property a few of times in the last year for my daughters' dance competitions as well as soccer tournaments. The hotel was very accomodating to the groups, the location is perfect, service is exceptional, rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely helpful. Any requests were dealt with almost instantly. Having Denny's attached and open 24 hours is a great feature with our "hungry athletes". I would recommend anyone to stay and will most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Thanks for your review. We do pride ourselves in being host to many different groups that come to Cranbrook for a competition or tournament. Also, I appreciate your positive comments on the exceptional service and cleanliness of the room, both areas in which our staff work hard to achieve. Thanks for recommending us and we hope to see you, again, soon.

Kevin
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We recently stayed at the hotel with a large ball team group. The hotel is ok and the majority of the staff was good. We did however Run into the night manager "JACK". I have never had worse service at any hotel and it certainly makes me question the hiring practices of the hotel. This individual was BRUTAL and it is too bad that one person will result in about 15 families... (2 ball teams) never staying at this property again....

IF you plan to stay there make sure Jack has lost her job.!
KE Kelowna BC

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Sandmandan, Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
As the manager of the Sandman Inn Cranbrook, I would like to state that the staff and myself take pride in providing excellence in service to our guests. Also, we use the highest standards along with reference checks to ensure that we hire the best staff possible in order that we may provide superb service to our guests. I would encourage travellers to stay with us at the Sandman Inn Cranbrook and experience this for themselves. (Dan Schellenberg).

Travellers are raving about these Cranbrook hotels

Revelstoke, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I ve stayed at this property a few times now. Still is the same correct choice in my opinion. My friend and I had the opportunity to go and see a hockey game in Cranbrook and not knowing whether we would stay the night or try to make our way home; I suggested to stay at the Sandman. When we got to the hotel, the front desk greeted me and remembered me from past stays. I m usually there on business, but this time required a room with two beds. Even though I ve stayed there before the front desk still let me know what the hotel had to offer. Dennys, pool, best place to park etc. The room was perfect for what we needed, which was two beds, a hot shower and TV. My friend that stayed with never stayed at this property before, but will most likely be returning as the hotel has a great location and clean rooms. Staff at the hotel were great as always too.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Thanks for your review. It is always nice to know that our staff do remember a guest who has stayed here previously. It can result in a down home feeling for the guest. Also, I appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of the room and convenient location, along with the mention of the on-site Denny's. We hope you can visit us again on your next trip for a hockey game or otherwise.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Stayed with a group for 2 nights. Room was old with stained moldy carpets. Trains running past 3 times a night. Pool was "green" and not useable. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, 18 July 2011
We do have some rooms that are close to the tracks; however, the majority of our rooms are located away from the tracks. Also, our pool contains a greenish tile that (depending on the natural light) sometimes makes the water have a hint of green colour. This in no way reflects anything negative about the condition of the pool. In fact, we receive many compliments about the clarity of the water.
Fernie, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Got a non smoking room that stunk like an old ashtray. Very disgusting.. carpets looked old and dirty. I woke up feeling sick due to allergens in room. Not cheep either ..

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, 25 December 2012
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, you may have stayed in a room that we had recently changed from a smoking room to a non smoking room. Sometimes, it is difficult to remove the smell of smoke, entirely. We will endeavour to do a more thorough cleaning of the rooms that get changed over form smoking to non smoking.
Kaslo
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Although they provide a free, limited, breakfast at Denny's, which is attached to the hotel, I was not impressed with the cleanliness or the fact that the outlet in the bathroom, and therefore the hair dryer, didn't work.
I was glad they provided towels in the pool area, and the bed was nice, but there weren't enough pillows. I was traveling with my husband and our two little children. Front desk should have offered us at least one more pillow and at least one more towel set. The kids slept on the hide-a-bed, while we got the king bed. There were crumbs bedside the night stand and coffee splatters on the wall near the door. Seeing as it is the slow season I expected a cleaner room. This is the time housekeepers should be doing their annual 'super cleans' on the rooms. Due to these things I thought the room was overpriced. Also, the pool was boring with NO toys for the kids, and in great need of upgrading, or at least a new paint job.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
I always encourage our guests to ask for anything they feel is lacking in the room, so that we can serve them better. This procedure applies to any concerns about the room's cleanliness.