Sandman Inn Cranbrook
US$93
Travellers Motel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
Lazy Bear Lodge(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$162
Priceline
Almo Court Motel(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
US$78
Model A Inn(Cranbrook)
US$85
US$83
All reviewsdenny's restaurantspecial rateroom was cleana great staynice place to stayhotel roomgreat roomthe main highway24hrpetconveniencereceptionist
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I stayed at the Sandman in Cranbrook for a dog show in Aug 2011. The hotel is very pet friendlly, without additional add on fees for bringing a pet. In addition, there's a very large grassy walking area right next to the hotel that is perfect for exercising your dog. As far as the rooms, the bathroom is small but does have a full size tub for those that like a real bath. The rooms are smallish average size and the decor is somewhat dated. My room came with a very nice sized fridge with real working freezer compartment and microwave which was a definate plus. Their "senior citizen" rate program begins at age 55!!! and givesa very sizeable discount. Very friendly, attentive and helpful staff.

Room Tip: ask for a fridge and microwave and go for the 55 plus program
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thanks for your review. We are definitely a pet friendly hotel and many of our guests who bring a pet, really like the large grassy area adjacent to our parking lot, as you did. Thanks for promoting our 55 plus program, which does have its benefits. More information can be obtained on-line. We do have larger rooms, which can be requested when making a reservation, so this might be something you want to consider on your next visit. I am happy that you pointed out the friendliness and attentiveness of our staff. They always appreciated such positive feedback. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

I stayed here for one night on business in June 2011. Check in and out was efficient and friendly. The room was clean and about what you'd expect, though mine was laughably small. Overall a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your stay. Some people do find that our rooms with one queen bed are too small for them. I would suggest asking for one of our king rooms next time, which are larger in size. Overall, it sounds like you had a good stay and we hope to see you, again.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

I was recently traveling with just my 2 young children and myself when my car decided to break down just outside of Cranbrook. As a result, I had to spend 2 nights in town while my car was being fixed. The staff at the Sandman Hotel were very helpful!! I was obviously a little stressed out, but they made it quick and painless to get a room right away. The room was nothing fancy, but was very clean and had everything that we needed. The fact that they had Denny’s onsite was very convenient for our situation. The pool was also an added bonus that the kids really took advantage of!!! All in all, what could have been a very stressfull situation was made much easier by the great service we received at the Cranbrook Sandman. I will definetly stay there again 

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2012

Thanks for your response. I am pleased to know that our staff was able to help make a stressful situation for you more tolerable. Also, I am glad that your children were able to make use of the pool. I hope that you can visit us again.

Reviewed 7 August 2011

Well run operation very convenient and clean. Great location and wonderful staff, we had a great stay, everything was as expected.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo

Thanks for your review and your comments on the management and staff. I am happy that we were able to offer you some of that down home "Texas Hospitality" that you are no doubt used to in your home state. We certainly hope that you can pay us another visit on your next trip up to Canada, more specifically Cranbrook.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

we stayed at the sandman inn during kimberley's julyfest. all in all a very nice stay. the rooms were well maintained and the surrounding area had all we needed as far as food, etc. (denny's on sight). the staff were polite and professional. will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Thanks for your response and choosing to stay with us during the Kimberley Julyfest, which is always a festive time for those attending. Also, we were happy to offer you some of that down home "Texas style hospitality," that you are so used to in the Lone Star state. Ya'll come back and see us again sometime on your next trip up this way. Tell your friends about us.