“Don't book it for the pool”

Sandman Inn Cranbrook
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My family spent a night at this hotel when we went through town on our summer vacation. The sign said there was a pool and that sounded great after a long day on the road with a four-year old. The hotel itself is just fine. It lives up to the standard you would expect from a Sandman. The pool is just dismal!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KattBlue
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2012

Thanks you for your review and I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us with the exception of the swimming pool. There are areas of the pool that we are currently addressing and we trust this will result in greater guest satisfaction in regards to the pool. We would like to see you return to visit us.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels that I've been to.. As always, I had a very warm welcome from them as soon as I got to the hotel. I am impressed with their customer service, it's excellent. They do listen to what you say and accommodate the request if possible. The room was very clean and so is the lobby. Very convenient in terms of location, it's close to everything plus 24-hour Denny's on the same building. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Thank you for your review of our property. The staff and management are thrilled that you found our level of customer service to be of an excellent quality. We strive to provide service that exceeds guest expectations and appreciate your feedback. I also appreciate the comments regarding the cleanliness. We do hope that we will see you again, soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

The location was very good and I really liked the park next door where I could excercise my dog. The room was very clean and the staff and management were very friendly and made me feel welcome. I will definitely stay there again when I come to Cranbrook. Plus they gave me a good rate as I used my entertainment book. I also liked that there was a restaurant right there and free Internet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback regarding our quality of service and cleanliness. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Also, we are definitely a pet friendly hotel and I am glad that your dog had the opportunity to exercise in the large green space conveniently located adjacent to the hotel. We hope that the next time you are in Cranbrook that you will stay with us.

Reviewed 21 August 2012

rooms were clean, pool clean(little dated), we had a kitchenette in our room which was nice. price was good (109+tax). location was good. has big fluffy pillow(i didn;t like). the service was great-the day we left our swim suits were wet and the hotel laundry dried them and brought back to our room which was really nice. no continental break fast but that was ok because the R&B grill was just down the street and breakfast was great and only 6.99. There is a Denny's food is good but service is a little slow.

Room Tip: note; there is no fitness centre, it was error on my part
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for your feedback. I am happy to hear that the staff were able to dry your wet swimsuits and deliver them to your room. I especially like to hear that the staff extended this type of service, as it means a lot to be the recipient of extra efforts. Excellent customer service is such an important part of a guest's stay, so thanks again. If you plan to visit Cranbrook in the future, we hope that you will include us in your stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

When we arrived there was a bit of a problem with our reservation-I'd done it on line-and the very congenial gentleman could find no record of us! No worries, he took care of us and the problem was quickly solved. We were given a room that suited our needs nicely.
The three of us enjoyed a dip in the pool that needed a cleaning and upgrade but was otherwise fine and our stay was a pleasant one.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thanks for your review. I am glad to hear that your reservation mix-up was handled so efficiently and that things worked out for you. I am glad you enjoyed a dip in the pool and we look forward to a return from you on your next trip to Cranbrook.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This hotel on the main street in Cranbrook is nothing to write home about but was clean and friendly . The building had seen slightly better days and has a railway track close to its rear. The front desk staff were welcoming, helpful and polite, which always helps.

My room was adequate and had everything I needed - a comfortable bed, good TV and a comfy chair, and free internet access.

There is a Dennys restaurant directly accessible from the hotel lobby. Service was quick and reasonably efficient but the food was nothing special.

Would I stay there again? Yes, as its shortcomings were more than compensated for by the fact that it was good value for money.

Room Tip: Try and get a room not affected by the railway line.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Thanks for your review. Cleanliness and friendliness are definitely an integral part of our service to the guest. We are located near the railway tracks, so asking for a room further from the tracks will lessen the sound of the train. Also, I am glad your stay was comfortable. See you next time.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

The room was small but they managed to fit all the usual amenities into it. They had a refrigerator microwave, coffee machine and an easy chair. The bed was a single queen. They couldn’t have fit a King in there.
It wasn’t so small that you would feel claustrophobic or that you didn’t bump into things or each other.
Overall a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Thank you for your review on our property. We hope that you do come back and see us. The room you had is rather small; however, we do have larger rooms with a king bed and pull-out sofa. We would be happy to accommodate you in one of these larger units if you decide to stay with us, again.