“Ok for a night”

Sandman Inn Cranbrook
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here one night in July on our way to the US. The hotel has a good sized parking lot out back where we could park our truck and trailer for the night. The rooms at this hotel could use some updating but overall it was comfortable enough for a night. Everything was functional but dated. The hotel backs on to the railroad tracks and you know when a train is coming through. No doubt about that. Maybe ask for a room facing the main parking lot.

There is a Denny's connected to the hotel and across the parking lot is a Burger King.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main parking lot to minimize the noise of the trains coming through.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Thanks for providing a room tip for others regarding asking to be situated away from the train tracks. We are continuing to renovate the property in order to bring it up to more modern standards. I am happy that you did have comfortable night and we hope to see you again. Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recently had to travel to Cranbrook, British Columbia to assist a friend in hospital after an accident. I had no clue where to stay but decided to chance the Sandman Inn and I am so very glad I did! The gentlemen on the phone was very polite when taking my reservation and friendly as well. The hotel was easy to find and is located on the main street that runs through Cranbrook. It is close to convenience stores, gas stations, restaurants, Target, Tim Hortons...the list could go on; suffice to say whatever you may need, it will be close to this hotel. When I arrived, I learned it was in fact the manager, Dan who had taken my call and it was him who happened to be at the desk when I checked in. I explained my situation and found him to be empathetic and friendly to me. My entire experience there was great. Dan assigned an awesome room that was spotless and quiet. It had all the amenities one needed including coffee and free wifi (in addition to the usual hotel stuff like soaps and shampoos etc.). I also noticed the temperature in the room was perfect considering it was 29 degrees outside. The staff had the foresight to close the drapes and run the air conditioner prior to a guest arrival. It could have been 100 degrees in there but was perfect. When I left the next day, it was Dan working the desk and he was just as friendly as the day I checked in. A super, nice guy. There is a Denny's restaurant attached to the hotel and it is open 24 hours. There is a fitness room and pool as well. I found the entire experience pleasurable and found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. I would definitely recommend this spotless hotel to anyone travelling through or to Cranbrook, British Columbia.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your review. "Friendly, Accommodating and Spotless" are definitely encouraging and rewarding words to see when reading a review. I am glad that your experience was a good one. We at the Sandman Inn Cranbrook do promote excellence in service to the guest. Also, we want to be empathetic, especially to those who are experiencing a stressful event. It is a positive approach in understanding one's present state so that we can make every effort to accommodate the guest. I am happy that your experience was pleasurable and hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again without the accident being part of the visit.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend and her kid we're on our way through town Sandman got recommended to us by somebody in town I'm very glad that I ran into that person in town because it was a great hotel great stay great people management when above and beyond to make sure we were happy and they were also very helpful in recommending places in town to eat and things to do and events that were happening in town at the time I will definitely stay at a sandman hotel again and if I'm ever in cranbrook I will definitely stay here again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

It is very rewarding to read such a review as yours. We endeavour to provide excellent service, as we believe this action is the cornerstone of the hospitality industry. We pride ourselves in going above and beyond in providing service. Thanks for your review and we hope to see you, soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've been to a lot of hotels in BC. But stinky and dirty like this one is a first. Even with a febreeze can and the windows opened, I slept lousy because of the hard smell of the rug. There is also a railroad transit right beside the hotel and you hear a lot of trains passing by.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We welcome all types of reviews. I am sorry that you had a negative experience staying with us. We do steam clean our carpets on a timely basis, so we may have overlooked the room you occupied. Regarding the railroad tracks, the sound of the train definitely does bother some guests more than others. I would invite you to contact me and we will arrange to give you a room away from the tracks. We pride ourselves in our high housekeeping standards, however, on occasion we do overlook things. As I said, please feel free to contact me if you wish to give us another chance.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed at the Sandman Inn Cranbrook in April 2014 because our convention was nearby and they offered us a really reasonable group rate. The room we had was quite small and the bathroom was very tiny, but everything was clean. Denny's was next door (accessible without going outside) and that was convenient.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. It is greatly appreciated. I am happy that you had a positive experience during your stay. We do take pride in our high housekeeping standards and it is good you found that the room was clean. Many of our guests also feel that having Denny's on site is convenient. We hope to see you on your next trip to Cranbrook.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I am with a touring group across Canada, and I had to film myself doing a monologue via video audition. This can be very challenging when you are in a hotel across Canada, as private space is not always readily available. However, the lady at the front desk was kind enough to open up a private room for me where I could get my video done. It was extremely appreciated.

There was sadly no exercise room, but they offer a coupon to go to a nearby gym…but it doesn't open until 9am! That is the main drawback to this Sandman. Everything else was good service and good quality.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Sandmandan, General Manager at Sandman Inn Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

I am pleased to hear that our staff was so helpful in arranging the use of a private room for the filming of your monologue. It sounds like this really helped facilitate your stay with us. Regarding a gym, it would be convenient to have one on site. Unfortunately, the nearby gym that extends a discount to our guests only opens at 9:00 a.m. on weekends, however, during the week it opens at 5:30 a.m. Thanks for taking the time to give us a review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

There are six of us so finding a room that would fit us all in can be tricky. We arrived after 10pm and we searched the main street for hotels and found this one to be accommodating for what we needed.

They have a Denny's attached to it for convenience too and with us needing a feed late at night there wasn't much choice. Would have been nice to get a discount for staying at the Sandman.

The room was good for our needs.

The manager re-confirmed our idea of heading to nearby Lussier Hot Springs. Grateful for any advice of what to see.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I can appreciate that arriving late at night with a family of six is challenging when looking for accommodation. We are glad that you chose the Sandman Inn Cranbrook. Denny's is certainly a convenience for our guests. Also, it is great that you could spend some time at Lussier Hot Springs, which is one of many scenic and relaxing attractions in the area. Hopefully, you will have the opportunity to come back to Cranbrook. You are most certainly welcome at the Sandman.

Dan Schellenberg

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
Days Inn Cranbrook
#2 of 5 in Kimberley
Super 8 Cranbrook
Super 8 Cranbrook
#7 of 18 in Cranbrook

Been to Sandman Inn Cranbrook? Share your experiences!