“Clean indeed”

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Burnaby, Canada
“Clean indeed”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My wife and I were passing by Cranbrook, we noticed Nomad Motel and checked in.
The beds were new and very comfortable. Floors, washroom, and tables were very clean. We were impressed! The managers were very friendly. Next day, we had lovely waffle, coffee and fruits for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank travel_up31

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The room was very dirty. There was a white, filmy ring around the tub with a genital hair in it. The walls were grimy and I could scratch the dirt off the bathroom tiles with my nail. The continental breakfast was a joke of either toast or make your own waffles. The park had broken toys and was used as a storage to keep empty flower pots. Our family was not comfortable at all looking around the property and thinking about what could be lurking in the bed sheets.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank nadiastired

Travellers are raving about these Cranbrook hotels

BC
Reviewed 7 November 2006

When I first checked in I requested a non smoking room, After checking out the first I settled on the second room that had obviously been smoked in but wasnt quite as bad. I found garbage and food left from the last tennents. The carpet looked very dirty and the room had a very bad smell. The towels looked very old; frayed on the ends. When I expressed my discontent with the front desk I was told that I should keep my thoughts to myself. I would reccommend staying away from this place if you want a clean sanitary room that you feel safe leaving your belongings in while your out.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cwerg
Elmhurst, Il
Reviewed 17 September 2006

We stayed there on the way from Banff[ Cranmore], BC to Kalispell, MT.
The motel is from the 60s but clean.
It's near many restaurants [fast food] but we were mainly interested in a clean, inexpensive place to stay.
The continental bfst was OK but minimal.
I might stay there again but would look at internet deals for other locations in the area.

• Liked — Halfway between Banff and Kalispell
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't expect the Ritz but good value
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank biggerfoot
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 December 2005

My family and I recently stayed at the Nomad for several days and found it comfortable, affordable and very clean. We loved our large family suite with a complete (real) kitchen containing all the ammenities. Our beds were very comfortable; the management was extremely friendly and accommodating; the free breakfast included bagels, toast, fruit, juice, etc. - were all we needed to get on our way; and the free movies went over well (they had hundreds to choose from - tons of classics and kids movies - plus movie channels.) Even the laundrymat for the guests was affordable. I would happily and confidently recommend the Nomad to anyone going to Cranbrook! They suited our needs and our budget perfectly. It's great to see a small independent motel competing so well. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed October 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Port Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 3 August 2005

We recently spent four nights at the Nomad. We were 2 adults, one 13 yo and a small dog. There have been some renovations, but not many that I could see other than some new paint and carpeting in a few rooms. The first night, we stayed in a non-renovated room that was musty smelling and rather cramped with very uncomfortable beds and an air conditioner that didn't work very well. We changed rooms the following day to a "renovated" room with a different layout, which served our needs better. It, too, had a mini-kitchen, which we didn't use. The beds, however, were not much better, so we never really got a good night's sleep. The first room had good water pressure in the shower, the second did not and did fluctuate between hot and cold. The bathrooms did not have adequate space to put our toiletries on. The windows could use a good cleaning!

On the plus side, the new managers were friendly and it was quiet and close to restaurants, etc. We did not try the pool. The free toast and coffee were nice in the morning. We had a problem with the lock and it was fixed relatively quickly but it did require a change in our plans due to the delay. It was pet friendly, too.

All in all, it was okay--not great and not awful. I would try someplace else next time, though.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank PocoGal
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 July 2005

I have recently stayed at this place over the july long weekend. I will never stay there again. The rooms were not overly spacious or comfortable. The movies were outdated and did not work often. The so called continental breakfast was a joke of old oranges and a couple apples. The toast and bagels did not even come with cream cheese. No coffee supplied in the rooms and the shower kept changing tempature such that we had to be careful not to get burned. The pool was virtually unusable as the tempature was so cold even the kids could barely stand it for more then a few minutes(we went to 2 local lakes and they were able to stay in that water for more then an hour without compliant) and no adults braved the frigid waters. When we asked about possibly increasing the temp to a suitable level we were rebuffed impolitely.

I have stayed in literally hundreds of accomadations over the last 20 years and this was one of the most unpleasant experiences we have had. my children began calling it hobo hotel and I could not help but agree. For the price asked by the owners I would have preferred to have gone to another place and will next time we go for a visit. My suggestion is its fair value was closer to $60 per night for this place. Certainly worth paying even 10% more than the 110$ charged to get the appropriate accomadations and services.

• Stayed July 2005