“Great Place For Work”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Cranbrook, Canada
“Great Place For Work”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We held a hiring fair here in early March and the staff were very helpful. The sever in the restaurant (Shauna) was very attentive and ensured we were well taken care off . Thank you for the Great Service!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Its always a pleasure to host an event that supports our community. Thank you for choosing us as the venue for your hiring fair! I will pass your compliments on to our team in Cranbrook. We look forward to welcoming you on your next event and stay - Sonu Murphy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here for work for two nights. Overall a nice hotel. The rooms were clean, beds comfortable and service good.

My meals in the restaurant were good, though a tad greasy.

The location is a little outside of the main part of town - took a jog and grabbed dinner one night, but would be a pretty long walk to other restaurants.

As previously reviewed, the walls are not all that sound proof, but luckily that didn't make a difference for my sleep as there were quiet neighbours. Wouldn't hurt to bring a white noise app on your phone if you're a light sleeper.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us while on business. I am pleased that you had a restful and enjoyable stay. I will pass your feedback on to the restaurant and management team. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cranbrook. - Sonu Murphy
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I highly recommend staying at this hotel. The rooms are large and very nice. The staff, especially Shauna, in the restaurant provided a top notch service and made me feel very welcome with her warm smile and friendly manner.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us while travelling on business. We understand how important it is to have a haven to relax in after a day of work while away from home. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be so friendly. I will pass your compliments on to our team. We look forward to your next visit! - Sonu Murphy
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've stayed at the Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort twice now. I was stupid to come back and stay a second time. The hotel is located right beside the operational train yard. The first time I stayed my room was facing the train yard and I was woken every few hours by a running train and whistle. The second time I asked for a room on the other side of the hotel (facing the highway) and was still woken by the traffic and train noises. During both my stays the indoor pool and hot tub was out of service. The second time it wasn't until after I had gotten into the hot tub that someone from the front desk came over to tell me that their pool and hot tub temperature control was broken so the water was cold in the pool while the hot tub wouldn't get any warmer than room temp. It would have been nice had they put a notice on the door before I got in. Room cleaning service is hit and miss. Some nights, my room was cleaned well with all the amenities replaced. Other times I would come back to someone else’s hair in my shower (from a dirty rag I suspect) and no refilled amenities. By far my worst complaint in the restaurant. The food is mediocre, the price is high and the service is TERRIBLE! The manager who acts as a waiter (I suspect because he can’t keep any staff) is rude and standoffish, he takes forever to take your order and then you wait forever for it to get delivered. His final moment of triumph is when he makes you wait forever to pay your bill at the till. When your food finally arrives it’s not hot. I was with others for lunch and he messed up my friend's order, then argued with him when he was told it was incorrect. I ordered a veggie burger that was to have a mushroom cap instead of a patty. The description of the burger was not what he served; I got a thawed mush patty of some unknown ingredients. He charges $3.00 a cup for drip brewed regular coffee - no refills. Both times I’ve stayed at the hotel I’ve left comment cards about my concerns and suggestions for improvements. Save your money and your sanity – stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Your feedback is very important to us and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. On behalf of our entire team in Cranbrook, I apologize that your stay did not meet with our high standards of service. We are situated in a historic rail town which still has high train activity and during an emergency situation, they are required to use the whistle. I understand that this would be alarming during the night, and I truly apologize that you did not have a restful sleep. Thank you for bringing the housekeeping and maintenance concerns to our attention. Please be assured that your feedback has been taken very seriously by our hotel management team and we have already completed the changes to rectify the concerns noted in your review. I have notified the restaurant of your comments for further investigation and immediate resolution. We aspire for every guest to have a pleasant stay, and hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you on your next visit to Cranbrook.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for 3 days ( Dec. 12-14) and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The food is wonderful in Rockies Grill and the staff are very accommodating throughout the hotel.

Thank you for making our trip an excellent experience.

R Mann, Nova Scotia

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the front. Ours was very good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your comments! I will pass your compliments on to the restaurant and our hotel team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another great stay. - Sonu Murphy
Pitt Meadows, BC
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The room walls are PAPER THIN. You can hear the next room's TV, conversations, etc. Location of this hotel is at the tail end of the strip, away from restaurants/shopping center. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. My disappointment is in the paper thin walls.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
We hope to ensure that every guest has a comfortable stay and I apologize that you did not have a restful sleep. I have passed your comments on to our management team in Cranbrook for further review and hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our city on your next visit. - Sonu Murphy
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I went to Cranbrook on business to deliver a 2-day Workshop at the Rocky Mountain Resort. Hersh and his staff were very accommodating to me and my group. I found the room I stayed in was excellent - some members of my group were not as pleased given that their rooms faced the train yards adjacent to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the train yard ... I stayed on the third floor, and found that I couldn...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay on business and appreciated the jetted Spa tub featured in your Premiere guest room. I will pass your compliments on to Hersh and the team in Cranbrook. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cranbrook! - Sonu Murphy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
Days Inn Cranbrook