“Great Rooms”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Baker Hill Heritage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 6 Cranbrook B&B and Inns
Cranbrook, Canada
“Great Rooms”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We used two of the rooms in this B&B and each had it's own private bathroom with showers. Glady was very helpful and served excellent food. Would stay again without a second thought. The location was close to town and easy to walk to downtown. Parking was convenient. I also enjoyed the house patio to sit and enjoy the sun and Gladys company. She went all out to make the stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: The Garden room was great for kids as it had a daybed and double bed. The Fergie room would be grea...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Gladys L, Owner at Baker Hill Heritage Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 July 2016
Thank you Robin for your review, and I was so pleased you liked both of the rooms you used and that we are situated so close to the down town area. I know the kids also enjoyed the park 1/2 block away, and the patio!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is an amazing place to stay. The residence is spotless and very comfortable. Glady, the hostess, is a wonderful cook and made a terrific breakfast to order. She is a very warm and welcoming person who made us feel completely at home.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you Jim, and I appreciate that you found the house so very comfortable and enjoyed my job as hostess. Thank you for taking the time to review my B&B
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This has to be the best B&B ever. Nothing was too much trouble and the breakfasts were to die for, and catered for gluten free needs. Gladys could not do enough for us and made our stay in Cranbrook extra special. All the rooms have en-suite and are tastefully decorated and it's a peaceful location but also close to the main streets in town.

Room Tip: all rooms were good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cristian R
Hello Cris - I am so pleased to see your review and the mention of the gluten free choices I enjoyed providing for you and your Mom. I know Cranbrook enjoyed you two as much as you enjoyed your time here!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Gladys greeted us with warmth and enthusiasm and quickly showed us around the house. It is unique architecturally: The living room outer wall is part of what appears to be a dodecagon (12-sided), which makes it visually interesting, both inside and out. The large kitchen, where Gladys makes and serves wonderful breakfasts, is a wonderful place to hang out and chat. While we talked, we watched deer on the lawn nibble crab apples and rub the velvet off their antlers.

We spent the night in a very comfortable bed and slept like logs, but the highlights were the wonderful breakfast and getting to know and talk with Gladys and her husband. You will go for a nice place to stay and leave having made new friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Robert and Vero... S
Thanks so much Robert for sharing your enjoyment of the architecture of the house and our deer that hang out and nibble at everything they can get into! I also love my large kitchen, and I am so pleased you both enjoyed the food and slept so well!
Komoka, Ont, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Glady bent over backwards to make us feel at home. I travel from London On and we Google a place to stay in Cranbrook. Baker Hill came up. I have two small non shedding dogs and one has trouble with his eye sight. Gladys could not do enough to help me take care of his needs. The breakfast was past amazing. Fresh rubarb crape out of her garden and many fresh fruit. Her opening words once we got things in the house. Would you like a cup of tea. That is where our friendship began. It has now been a year later and I tell all my friends that are going out west you have to stop in Cranbrook and go to Gladys bed and breakfast. I also needed to change my oil and she sent me to someone so trust worthy. The person said every thing in your car is working fine. She was right. I hope I will be able to go back some day. I still email and keep in touch. No other place have I done that with my trip. She is just such a special lady. Please tell her I say hello Anne

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Hello Anne, it is so nice to see your review and remember the fun we had together. When you are so far from home it is nice to make new friends, as we did. Anytime you come to BC, I will always have that cup of tea ready!!
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Wonderful setting, very quaint. Arrived to the smell of fresh baked banana bread and choc chip cookies right out of the oven. Fresh fruit plate and any kind of eggs, cooked any way you like. Very nice lady Gladys, makes you feel right at home. A nice place to stay for sure. Lovely flowers and trees surround the property.

Room Tip: There is a big room for adults which has a sleeping area for the kids, much like a play room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you Myra for your comments about the many trees and my gardening around the property, it is appreciated so much. I do enjoy baking and especially when someone is there to enjoy it too! Thanks again,
Montana City, Montana
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I spent just one night at this B & B and found it quiet and comfortable.
The best thing about it is Glady who takes great care of her guests.
It reminded me of B & Bs in Ireland years ago when you really felt you were a guest in someone's home.
Excellent, made to order breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for taking time to do a review. I loved your comment about reminding you of the B&B's in Ireland, and feeling like a guest - I appreciated that so much!