Global Outdoor Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: With the combination of our fantastic horses, fun, knowledgeable, personable guides/wranglers, small or big groups, and the stunning beauty of the scenery, what more can one ask for? Our guests have a passion for horses, want to be out with nature, and have an adventurous side. It is the excitement of crossing a river, riding "the man from snowy river," going thru old growth, river bottoms, crossing slides and alpine meadows, just riding in the mountains and doing it with a strong animal beneath you. The views are spectacular! We also offer pack trips, cabin rentals, and fishing trips. Must call or email for directions. Do NOT drive to our house please. The map is not able to match where the rides are which are in the mountains of the St. Marys.
Golden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

What a wonderful over night stay. We left Kimberley with the directions in hand heading for the lodge. As the road changed from pavement with rural farms to gravel road so did the scenery. . What my 16 yr old daughter and I thought would be a long drive turned out to be great time to chat and see wildlife. We saw goats on the side of the rocky hill side, an eagle flying high in the sky and the tail end of a deer as he flagged us onward. We arrived at the lodge mid afternoon and we were greeted with warm welcoming smiles & hellos. After a tour of the beautifully furnished lodge that was so clean and fresh we were shown to our room. The group was waiting for us to arrive and in no time we were in our swim suits and on our way down the path to be introduced to the St. Mary's river. The river has natural rock slides and welcoming crystal clear pools of glacier fed water. Brad was quick to show us where to slide and helped ease my mind that it was safe and fun. And what fun we had at 30+ Celsius we slid and dipped the afternoon away in the river. Some of other guests were trying there hand at fly fishing, Evening came and it wasn't long before Val was calling us up to the lodge for dinner. What a fest we had. It was the evening of the supermoon so we were invited out to the campfire to watch the moon come up. The younger people were hanging out together with Bailey (Brad and Val's teenager daughter) to play cards and visit. When the moon was high in the sky it was time for bed. I awoke to the smell of coffee and soon after a cowboy breakfast of bacon eggs and pancakes. Bailey and Brad had saddled the horses and had then ready for our morning trail ride. The stories and knowledge that they shared with us was captivating as we rode though this amazing territory. This is one of those trips that will be remembered for many years. I only wished I had taken a camera.

Golden, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Our adventure began when my teenage daughter and I started what I thought would be a long drive into the lodge. However the drive to the lodge turned out to be very interesting. As the road changed from pavement rural farming area to a dirt road so did the scenery. We saw goats, an eagle and the tail end of a deer. When we got to the lodge we were greeted by friendly smiling faces. We were given a tour of the main lodge and the bunk house. They were beautifully furnished and the lodge was very fresh and clean. It was a hot day, we were quickly in our bathing suits and being guided down to the river. Another new adventure began, we were introduced to the St.Mary's river where there are natural rock slides and enticing pools of crystal clear water. It was so refreshing we spent the whole afternoon there with snacks by the riverside. It didn't take long before our hosts said it was time for dinner. The food was excellent followed by a fire and great conversations with other guests. As the supermoon was rising it was telling us it was time for bed. The morning came, and the smell of coffee with it. Val prepared a cowboy breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon which was served up hot and fresh. Soon after breakfast. Brad and his daughter Bailey had our horses saddled and ready for us, then after a short introduction to riding we meandered through the beautiful trails. What an amazing experience. We look forward to seeing them all again.

“great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We took our 7 year old daughter for her first trail ride at St Mary's Lake River Lodge and it was a great experience! Val, Brad and their daughter Bailey were super accommodating, giving us the option of a shorter, easier ride for my daughter. Brad and Bailey were very friendly, informing us about the area and stopping to take pictures of our group. Our daughter had a great time and wants to go back for a much longer ride next time!

Brad P, Owner at Global Outdoor Travel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you so much for the great pictures and wonderful review. We appreciate it very much! Looking forward to reading your book about your adventure in seeing the Hot Springs of BC.
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Spectacular trail ride to Dewar Creek Hot Springs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

GOT-Adventure provided an excellent guide and horse for a memorable trail ride to Dewar Creek Hot Springs! I can't say enough about what a fantastic experience I had. I used to ride a fair bit when I was growing up, but that was a few decades ago now. The guide provided excellent instruction and before I knew it, I was back in the saddle and riding through some fairly challenging terrain.

I felt that I was very well taken care of, both by GOT-Adventure and by my guide. The company went the extra mile to make sure that I got the experience I was looking for. I really didn't know what to expect, but the Purcell Wilderness Conservancy is gorgeous. I recommend taking the two-day ride into the hot springs so that you can enjoy the hot springs under the stars.

2 Thank Dray235
Brad P, Owner at Global Outdoor Travel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
So glad that you were able to come out and do the Hot Springs ride with us. Your pictures are fantastic! Really appreciate your review!
Medicine Hat, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience - we'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a wonderful experience with this outfit! The horses we rode behaved perfectly for us. I am a little shy of horses having had a riding accident when I was young, but all of the horses out that day were very mild-tempered and didn't stumble or spook once. The owner, Brad, had given us EXCELLENT instructions on how to handle the horses as well as the proper technique to ride up or down steep slopes, etc. My friend and I have been on a few short trail rides, but I must say that the instructions Brad gave us were the best, and I have never felt more comfortable on a horse than I did here. We really enjoyed the fact that the horses were trained to do what the rider is asking them to do (and they DID do what we asked them to), and not just walk in a straight line along the trail like a robot until they are back at the barn.

The facility is quite remote (45min down a logging road), but this only adds to the tranquility and beauty of the wilderness and scenery which you will get to view and experience. The road is bumpy, but the ride is definitely worth the drive out there.

There was a comment on TripAdvisor regarding the lack of hygienic facilities - I thought that the outhouse, supplied with toilet paper and hand sanitizer was just fine. No, it did not have a door, but it still had enough privacy, even for this city girl.

It was suggested that we do the all-day or overnight trip deeper into the Purcell wilderness to the Dewar Creek Hot Springs.......that is definitely on my list for my next trip out to the Cranbrook/Kimberley area! Can't wait!

Visited June 2014
Brad P, Owner at Global Outdoor Travel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We do our utmost to ensure a fun, safe, adventurous ride leaving our clients wanting more. So happy to hear that you are interested in riding to the Hot Springs. When you are available, please call and to book and we will give you 10% off.

Would you please go into Global Outdoor Travel as this is the true name. The GOT is the acronym. There are a lot more reviews on that page then the GOT pg. Please check it out as there is comments on the Hot Springs Ride.

Have a fabulous summer! Thanks again for your time in writing a response.

Val