“2 night stay”

St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I took my son snowboarding at a nearby ski resort and had a lovely and comfortable stay. At Eugene golf course and casino is in a remote location and had breath taking views of the mountains from our room. The hotel itself is beautiful, quaint and inviting, so pretty at night. We stayed in a Mission room with a fireplace, good sized room and spacious bathroom. We enjoyed a delicious steak dinner at the elegant restaurant on site, and played a few games in the casino. Outstanding hospitable service I will definitely consider returning one day!

Room Tip: I chose to spend a little more for a mission room versus a lodge room and so happy I did. It was ver...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Once again we took advantage of a Travelzoo voucher to stay and play golf at this property. It has it all, nice accommodation, friendly accommodating staff starting with the reservation staff. Food is very good and the golf course is spectacular. What more can you ask. We will be back.

Room Tip: With the voucher you are offered a lodge room. Request a third floor room and you will get a balcon...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Visiting the area for the first time with my son to play some golf. Stayed three nights. First night, no problem. Second night - woken up by dogs in hotel barking. Third night, first woken up by hotel guest pounding on her door - I guess she was fighting with husband. Then woken up by phone call from front desk calling me in error! To the credit of the resort, the manager (Kerri) dealt with my issues very aptly. Also, in terms of enjoying a quiet, relaxing stay, I would prefer if cleaning staff wasn't playing music every morning. On the plus side - good food and service. Golf is spectacular. If you are there to golf, you should play Bootleg Gap and Wildstone as well.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the mission, rather than the wing by the casino.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

7pm on a Wednesday night, 3 tables in the pub, waitress was overwhelmed even before we sat down. Ordered appy to share and a meal each. Appy went to another table, one meal came cold, the other wrong. Read the paper as hubby ate cold pasta. Over 2 hours from arrival to having to stand up to get the bill for over priced wings (7 for $14!) cold pasta and a beef sandwich, oh and only one beer cause nobody asked if I wanted another over the 2 hours.....all for $58 bucks! On the good side, the rooms are great!

Room Tip: Don't eat here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were on our way through BC and made a stop at St Eugene for the night. This was my first time staying at St Eugene with my boyfriend who has been many times. He had nothing but great things to say and when walking up to the front desk and seeing the gorgeous historic hotel, my hopes were high. We only stayed one night and unfortunately it was the worst night. There had been a wedding that day and we must have been placed in the same wing as the wedding party because the noise was absolutely horrendous. We were on the first floor and it was nearing 3 AM before the hotel could finally get their guests under control. Ive stayed in many Vegas hotels and have never had this issue. The screaming and yelling and laughter was unbearable. We just may have been unlucky with our room location but it will definitely be something I will consider if I ever return.

Its unfortunate because every other part of my stay was great, the food, casino, service was top notch.

Room Tip: Im not sure if any other places in the hotel are quiet but we were in room 2114 and our door might a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Crystal D
Reviewed 29 June 2014

As a touring senior visitor from England, along with my now Canada based life long friend, I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 6 nights during my holiday in British Columbia. It was a lovely hotel, the room on the ground floor in the Lodge was very nice indeed, spotless and all services excellent. The casino was enjoyable too - we did manage to win sometimes!! The staff in all the restaurants, from Purcell Grill to the Casino Bar, were all extremely friendly to my friend and myself. It was a good base. The views surrounding the hotel spectacular and all the trips we took out we enjoyed so much. Fort Steele is close by and well worth a visit. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Murrayhowse
Sandra V, General Manager at St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Getting comments like yours makes our day. I read your Trip Advisor review to our managers as this is what we strive for each and every day. Looking forward to welcoming you and your life long friend back in the future. Have a wondeful day,

Sandra van Steijn

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We spent 3 nights at the St. Eugene Golf Resort and Casino and had a wonderful time. The food was outstanding. Gordon was a hoot. The golf was just outstanding. Understand that the cost is not for the faint of bank account, but you get what you pay for. I even parred hole 18 on the course. There also was lots of wild life to see. A wild turkey walked across one green while we were playing. There were plenty of deer around the area, especially at the evening hours. Overall a great place to stay, clean, well maintained and we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
Days Inn Cranbrook
#14 of 18 in Cranbrook
Mountain Spirit Resort
Mountain Spirit Resort
#1 of 5 in Kimberley

Been to St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!