“Great Visit ”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Kootenay Roasting Co.
Ranked #37 of 99 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Description: Established in 1999, we are a local business who specialise in roasting certified organic, top quality coffee beans.
Canada
“Great Visit ”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the above reviews, I was hesitant to come here, even though I've been before and liked it.
I have to say IF this coffee shop had a bad atmosphere in the recent past , they have rectified it. The guy and girl at the counter were decently friendly, the coffee and food were good, and it was very mellow and relaxing inside. I really love the decor, which includes a lot of comfy seating areas.

Cranbrook, Canada
“Something changed”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I used to love coming here, it was my favourite coffee shop in Cranbrook. Something changed in the past year or two, and now when I go in there, I feel like the dork trying to sit at the cool kids' table. There is just an underlying superior attitude that makes you feel like you're not good enough to have coffee there unless you're part of their little hipster clique. I felt very unwelcome and uncomfortable, and won't be back.

• Visited November 2013
Cranbrook, Canada
“Don't get roasted here!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

At one time this was my favorite place to have business meeting or meet with friends for coffee or tea. Sometime during the last two years, the management has placed two of the rudest men at the front who will confront you with "attitude" if you do not order the second you walk in. A friend of mine was having a business meeting there during a severe snow storm when he noticed his cell phone had died, and he needed to call home for a lift. Even though he was a regular customer, the counter attendant would not let him use their phone to call home, so he had to walk several blocks in a blizzard and ask another establishment if he could use their phone, and was politely told he could. Prior to this incident, he was a regular customer at Kootenay Roasting Co.! Never again.
I would highly recommend Max's Place or Hot Shots, where there is a friendly atmosphere, great ambiance, and food and service that is great!

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank bondybc
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great local coffee shop”
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

If you want a great cup of Joe from Cranbrook B.C. go to the KRC. I have been a lifetime customer at this coffee shop and I recommend it to all who visit out of town! Wonderful owner, great staff, comfy couches, and awesome tasting coffee.

1 Thank Alexis T