“Fantastic week at the ranch”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Three Bars Guest Ranch
Laguna Niguel, California
“Fantastic week at the ranch”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have been on various riding vacations and I must say the staff at Three Bars is the BEST we have ever encountered. We arrived in early June, at the start of the season and were among only 5 other guests. The wranglers were outstanding and catered to guests above what was expected. Rooms were very quiet since we were early in the season and the only early morning sounds were birds chirping and an occasional donkey "hee haw". We were treated like family and I really hated to leave at the end of the week. Horses were great and area was beautiful. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to get away from city hassles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mantasatnite

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My daughter was married in September at this beautiful guest ranch. The setting (and the weather) was perfect. There was a lot to do - horseback riding, white water rafting, skeet shooting, fly fishing. It was a perfect venue. Everyone could find lots to do or not do. Just sitting on your deck soaking up the sun was enough for some. The staff took care of all the meals and were always around to help if needed.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms in the cabins seem to be as good as the other just depending on what you need.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
SW Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had decided this end-of-August trip would be our last riding vacation (one of us a senior), and we'd donate our equipment before we departed the ranch. Three Bars changed our mind. The horses and gear were very good, and the riding program was well organized. Our room was very nice, and serviced well. The food was very good, nicely varied daily, but with many options. We now have our equipment in Florida that must be used, so we have to figure out a time to get back to Three Bars.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I've stayed at Three Bars twice now and I know that it will be a regular vacation spot for me! I went first in June 2012 for 6 days and had such an amazing time (despite getting rained on for 4 days!), that I went back in September 2013 for 12 days! The cabins are quite large, beds are comfortable and underwent some renovations over the 2012/2013 winter to include new bathroom sink/counters, and the addition of televisions to the cabins. Honestly, I think I had the tv on three times....and that was mostly over the weekend when the ranch does not cater to you. The wranglers are fantastic, it was nice to see Lou, Jamie and Gemma again, and of course Don! The new wranglers, Wacey, Taylor, Rachel, Blake were a great addition to the crew, and it was a great opportunity to make new friends.
The horses were, as usual, amazing (I LOVE Tolo!!!), and the trails well kept and a couple new ones (Rocky Ridge) that I hadn't been along before. In September the Kokanee (spelling?) were starting to swim upstream, and crossing Perry Creek was fun, watching all the red salmon swim by, close enough to touch.
Food was plentiful, tasty and filling, no complaints from me here.
I love Three Bars for the peace and relaxation that it offers....you can be as busy or as relaxed as you want. My favourite place to be after riding all day was on my front porch with a pot of coffee (or a glass of wine!), laptop music and a book....I did that everyday, and it was awesome! The scenery can't be beat, and a relaxing hot tub in the evening while looking up at the stars is a great way to round out the day.
Thank-you again to The Beckley family and Three Bars Ranch for another amazing vacation, I'm sure I'll be back again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KrisL1717
theranchguy, Owner at Three Bars Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Hi KrisL1717
Thank you for taking the time to review the ranch. It is always a pleasure to have you visit. Love the picture of you and the wranglers on top of the mountain. Will have to get you a new one of the cabins since they have been remodeled.
I will tell Tolo you said hello. Looking forward to seeing you next year.
The Beckley Family,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The ranch is amazing and just as photographed. The staff are friendly but didn't get much of a welcome for a family run ranch I was expecting to interact with them a bit more. The wranglers for me are what made my stay truly a dream come true. The rooms were spacious and clean and very much what you would expect for the top end of a ranch stay flys were a big problem so remember to buy some rapid spray and you will be ok. The food was good and lots of it, the bar not hugely stocked but draught beer was good. The other guests were amazing and made some lovely new Friends.
But as I said the wranglers were what made it for me there knowledge and experience together with their patience and humour was great so big thanks to Wacey (sorry about spelling), Rachel, Lou, Jamie and Blake you guys and of course champ my beautiful and good horse were very kind and made my ranch dream excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank jane c
Hi jane c
Thank you for taking the time to review the ranch. The 2013 wranglers were a great group as usual. Hope to see you again. All the best.
The Beckley Family,
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We met up with family and stayed at the ranch in July 2013.
My sister and I have children under the age of 6, so while the rest of the family was out riding we needed to stay at the ranch to take care of our boys.
While the guests were out riding, the ranch practically shut down - there were no refreshments or any other services available! And when we did go to the kitchen or front desk with a request, we were clearly an inconvenience.
In addition, our four year old son went hungry throughout our stay as there were no child-friendly meals - not even bananas!
Not to mention how my husband booked for and went on one morning ride and was charged as a rider for the whole week.
For the amount of money, one would at least expect a smile.
The attitude and atmosphere was arrogant. Not what I understand to be hospitality.
All-in-all a very disappointing experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JdV576
Hi JdV576
Thank you for taking the time to review the ranch and express your concerned. We are very sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with you visit. It is always our goal to exceed expectations. However we are very clear that children under the age of 6 cannot go into the riding or activities program. It is simply not sage. I would also like to clarify that while there was a mistake on your invoice, that is was adjusted to fit your request, even though we do not offer hourly rides. I believe it is also only fair to point out that the other members of your family posted a 5 star review below.
It is very unfortunate that we were not a good fit for your family at this time.
All the best,
The Beckley Family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My daughter visited 3 Bar Ranch during the summer. we had an exceptional experience. The staff- mostly Australian- were friendly and always helpful. The Cabins are clean and spacious with a rustic charm in keeping with the experience. The common areas are large and well designed and include indoor swimming pool, outdoor hot tub, pool table and gym, not forgetting the acres of fields to explore on the banks of the St Marys river.The dining room produced oodles of quality food in a beffet style menu, but with sufficient options for all but the most picky. The only slight negative aspects would be for the more experienced rider. Due to Canadas insurance Laws, the staff are forced to treat all as if they are complete novices and this can be quite irritating, but if you bear the reason in mind then it is tolerable. In addition, we only stayed for half the week, and so not all the activities advertised were avaiable, though they were for those who stayed the whole week. However in conclusion, , these inconveneinces did not detract from an exceptional experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank peter t
Hi peter t
Thank you for taking the time to review the ranch. It is always a pleasure having horse people, such as yourself visit. As much as we try, it is just not possible to get everything we offer into a short stay. Even the full 6 night packages often do not have time to get everything in. I guess that is a good reason to return next year
All the best,
The Beckley Family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
Best Western Cranbrook Hotel
#2 of 4 in Kimberley
Mountain Spirit Resort
Mountain Spirit Resort
#1 of 4 in Kimberley

Been to Three Bars Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!