“Great Weeks holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Three Bars Guest Ranch
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We've just spent a week at the 3 Bars Ranch. The staff were great - really friendly and helpful - and we enjoyed the riding, my kids enjoyed the skeet shooting and rafting, and I managed to pack in a couple of afternoons fly fishing and caught half a dozen trout. The accommodation was comfortable and everything was well organised - with enough flexibility for us to do what we wanted.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark H

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We are over 60 and had no previous experience of horse riding but that didn't matter. Our horses were allocated according to our ability, and the wranglers took good care of us. We didn't ride every day but there was plenty of alternative activities (hiking, white water rafting, indoor pool, golfing nearby, and even panning for gold!).

It didn't matter if you were couples, family or single guests as everyone mixed in.

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and had an amazing time - I didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: The cabins were very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jl02010
Reviewed 24 July 2014

If you are looking for a ranch to go to look no more. Beautiful mountains wonderful people, great riding, great food, many different activities, wildlife all around you, and clean cabins. Our stay at Three Bars was the best vacation we have ever experienced. I would highly recommend this ranch if you are looking for a ranch to go to.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank 408,062
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My wife and I visited this wonderful ranch for five superb days of riding, whitewater rafting, skeet shooting, great food, and tremendous hosts. Tyler, his family, and the entire wrangler Team are simply the best. We had a wonderful time and look forward to returning. Laura, Courtney, Don, and Rowan -- part of the excellent wrangler team -- are a true pleasure to spend time with on the trail, enjoying excellent ranch fare, and simply laughing and singing during relaxation times. Tyler and the whole Team did an excellent job selecting the perfect horses for us based on the pre-trip questionnaire, and adjusting our tack to our preferences once we got there. Then there are the other guests we met while there -- especially a couple from England -- were having such an excellent time, that they made our time at the ranch even more special.

The couple we travelled with, my wife, and I keep telling our other friends and colleagues that this is the place to go if you enjoy horse rides thru amazingly beautiful country, friendly people, comfortable accommodations, and excellent hosts.

Room Tip: All the rooms were individual log cabins with all the modern accessories, so they are all great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rich H
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Living in Hawaii means I like to vacation where there aren't necessarily a lot of beaches. Three Bars has picturesque mountains, towering trees and fantastic horseback riding. The Beckley's were great hosts and the week went by all too quickly. The ranch is a great holiday destination for solo travelers, couples, and families. The people I met and conversed with during the fourth week of June were fascinating and fun to be around. The horseback riding was geared to individuals of all levels including beginners like me. The scenery on the trails varied from a walk alongside a river to climbing (and descending) steep hills to meandering through a cluster of Christmas trees. The scenery was breathtaking, the air crisp and clean, the horses gentle and hardy. During breakfast, Tyler would ask us what kind of ride we wanted to go on (walking, trotting, etc) and there was no pressure to do rides that were beyond one's ability. Riding was always an option in the afternoons, but there was also an alternate activity offered each day such as hiking, skeet shooting, archery, gold panning, etc. The food that was served generally reflected the Western theme: burgers, BBQ pork ribs, meatballs, blueberry pancakes, steak. The salads served during dinner were fresh and delicious and complimented the entrees. The veggies (fresh and cooked) were carefully planned and not just an afterthought. The cabin I had was quite comfortable and I assume they all are. The main building (lodge) has coin operated washers and dryers, a pay telephone, a bar, and a small store with ranch logo merchandise. There is Wifi though I couldn't get a connection in my room. However, the lodge was a 15 second walk from my cabin so I could get a connection in the main building. It wasn't that big of a problem to relax in one of the big padded chairs in the lodge and send an email to my family telling them what fun activities I did each day. Last, but not least, the wranglers were awesome. They ate with us during meals and we found this diverse group of expert riders to be fascinating individuals. All of the wranglers were comfortable interacting with the guests, they were a polite bunch of guys and gals and they have good senses of humor. I would definitely recommend Three Bars as a vacation destination.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have been on various riding vacations and I must say the staff at Three Bars is the BEST we have ever encountered. We arrived in early June, at the start of the season and were among only 5 other guests. The wranglers were outstanding and catered to guests above what was expected. Rooms were very quiet since we were early in the season and the only early morning sounds were birds chirping and an occasional donkey "hee haw". We were treated like family and I really hated to leave at the end of the week. Horses were great and area was beautiful. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to get away from city hassles.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mantasatnite
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My daughter was married in September at this beautiful guest ranch. The setting (and the weather) was perfect. There was a lot to do - horseback riding, white water rafting, skeet shooting, fly fishing. It was a perfect venue. Everyone could find lots to do or not do. Just sitting on your deck soaking up the sun was enough for some. The staff took care of all the meals and were always around to help if needed.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms in the cabins seem to be as good as the other just depending on what you need.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family