“Tabitha”

The Heid Out Restaurant and Brewhouse
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

First of all let me say I am not "that person" but after the service I have received from hotels and restaurants lately, I feel the need to comment. ..
The service was awful, the food was plain, and came cold (after a 40 min wait), oh yes, and our waitress forgot our appetizer and tried to pawn it off as someone else's fault. Don't waste your money stay home and bbq a great steak and open a fabulous bottle of wine.:)

2  Thank Tabitha Y

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Cranbrook has a cute little downtown, and you can find the Heidout right on a corner on the main street. Lots of dark wood, overhead pipes, and a casual vibe. We had a very friendly and knowledgeable waitress; she was attentive during our meal, and answered all the questions we had about the restaurant and the town. The beer was excellent--loved the Strawberry Ale--and the food came out very fast, very hot, and very tasty. I had the day's special, a vegetable frittata, and my husband tried the pulled pork sandwich; we enjoyed them both. Wish we could be there sometime for the live music that's offered during the month. Pleasant spot in a pleasant town.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I took a drive yesterday from Kalispell up to Cranbrook. A great drive with great peaks, roaring rivers, fine clouds, and fast driving. The Heid Out was the objective for lunch. Lots of lunch choices. They make their own beer. Very friendly waiting staff. Decided on the Cobb salad, home fries, and 20oz. of Brown Otter ale. I came at lunch hour, so tables were filling up, but it is a big place. From what I saw sandwiches were the preferred order. My Cobb Salad were bountiful and fresh all around. The ice cold sliced chicken breast should have been warmed up on the grill, a serious mistake. Fries were good with some skins still on. Very good for taste. The brew was very cold, tasty, and well made. The meal was filling, fresh, and well worth another stop.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We went to the Heidout with another couple on Mother's day..The guys ordered the $30 prime Rib special that came with appetizer and dessert. The Ladies ordered Yorkshire Puddings stuffed with shaved prime rib.(which did taste like Prime Rib.)
The faults with the dinner were...One of the ladies meals was brought with the guys appetizers and we had told the waitress that we wanted all the meals to be brought at the same time...One of the appetizers was wrong and sent back....Both Prime Ribs came as medium rare after one was ordered medium. My biggest complaint was the Prime Rib was not from a Prime Rib roast. It was a fried steak of some sort that had to be salt and peppered at the table because it tasted so bland. Their beer was good,but our friends ordered a couple of glasses of wine during the meal..when the bill arrived I noticed they had to pay $11 a glass! And with Tip their meal was close to $100....I know a $100 meal when I see it... And this was not one!

1  Thank Oldgringo48
Reviewed 29 April 2014

my girlfriend and I travelled through Cranbrook and wanted to stop at a pub for a beer and bite to eat. This place exceeded my expectations to the next level! What I liked most about this place was the unique menu. You MUST try the deep fried pickles, best I've had in Canada... hands down. Can't wait for my next visit!
Also a fun fact we found out while there... they were playing the finale of master chef canada and one of their chefs was 8th place. Just shows what kind of standards they have there! and I was expecting to eat deep fried garbage with beer.. haha. The prices are very resonable as well.

1  Thank Jason P