“Cranbrook, BC”

Days Inn & Conference Centre - Cranbrook
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I do agree with the others, WIFI was difficult. Otherwise, most things were satisfactory and a little ordinary. Good location within the city. Pool is outdoor, and quite simple. Good dining room on site, with several places within walking distance

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
salesmanager412, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, all of our guests reviews are important to us as we can see what we are doing to keep our guests happy, I would like to advise you that since your stay here last April 2013 we have addressed our Wi-Fi issues by installing routers on additional floors as well as having Shaw Communications install 3 Shaw go Wi-Fi hot spots in our common areas. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The internet connection was extremely slow. I stayed for four nights and it was impossible to browse facebook, let alone watch a movie on netflix.
I talked to the frontdesk about this, and they reset the router but it did not fix the problem.
For me that is a deal breaker.

Other than the slow internet connection, the hotel is clean and staff is friendly.
The breakfast is fine as well.
In short, if you dont mind not having internet, you may as well book it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank FieldEng A
salesmanager412, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall experience however disappointed to hear your internet connections did not meet your expectations. We have been working with our provider to resolve this issue. We certainly hope for the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Visited the Days Inn in Cranbrook on work this last week. Spectacular weather and due to long work days not in the room much, which was a good thing. The hotel offers free Wifi and breakfast which is similar to other Days Inn stays in Alberta. Both in this case were on the low end, even compared to other Days Inn experiences. The wifi was OK very early in the morning or very late at night when users were few but during business hours it was impossibly slow, slow enough one could not work online. As for breakfast they had coffee (decaf on request?), toast, some fruit, yogurt, cereal and what was advertised as cheese omelette and sausage which were microwave reheats and dubious. No waffle machine as in other Days Inns, no TV, no newspaper and served in a room with no windows. Avoiding the omelette and sausage was a good idea and one could still get a decent breakfast but such an uninviting place I finally picked up what I needed and ate in my room that at least had windows. The room....advertised as non-smoking and on the main floor parking lot side smelled badly of smoke for three days! I complained but needed to be on the main floor as I had lots of field gear to move daily, they had no other option so I stuck with the stink. No rebate was offered and several people complained of slow Wifi and were told the router had just been changed and this would be reported. Not the best stay, even for Days Inn.

Room Tip: Check the room for smoke before you accept it and eat in a restaurant for breakfast or grab what you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank GlenandTina

Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we sincerely appreciate your feedback. We’re disappointed to hear your stay did not meet your expectations your feedback is very helpful in determining our valued guests needs. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here and was happy with it for the most part but was never wowed. The rooms were pretty clean and the staff were friendly. It does come with a continental "hot" breakfast which isn't that good and never changes from day to day. Overall I would probably come there again.

• Stayed: August 2013

We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay for the most part during your recent travels. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next travels to Cranbrook

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Cranbrook Ed, the famous run-away circus elephant would have been comfy here. Fairly comfortable bed, smoke free room and wifi. I'd stay here again if ever in Cranbrook. We stayed one night I guess this has to be 200 hundred characters.....

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, We certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Days Inn next time you are in Cranbrook

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here one night. We have no tv channels at all, no Internet or wifi, and there is no air conditioning. Our room smelled stale and unfresh. We would never stay here again. They even left a satisfaction survey for us to fill out that was already filled out. Horrible!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Stacey T
hbettin, General Manager at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for choosing the Days Inn Cranbrook for your recent stay in Cranbrook. I sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel, it is our goal to not only meet our guests expectations but to exceed them. Reviews are very helpful tools that allow us to improve our customer service on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comment and issues will be addressed and shared with the staff. I would like to clarify that the hotel had no cable and intermittent internet over a two day period last week due to an outage on our providers end (Shaw Cable). This outage was unfortunately for the entire region and not just Cranbrook. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and please accept our apology again for the bad experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night after visiting Fort Steele during the day. It was really easy to find right off the highway. We walked in and the lobby was very nice. It only took us a few minutes to check in and the lady at the front desk was very thorough. I stay in many hotels and I have to say that I really appreciated them having an actual shower head on a piece of wood to show me how to turn on the shower...what a great idea!!
I do think it's a little silly to have a separate Wifi access code or each device. Our room was looking over the pool which was great for watching the kids swim! I couldn't find towels at the pool area so we had to go back to the room to get our towels. They may have been there but I didn't have the patience to search for them as try weren't readily available. Later in the night I had a small medical need and the lady at the front desk pulled out the first aid kit and found me what I needed with no hesitation. Breakfast was...basic. Some hot food, some cold food, not particularly "delicious" but ok and enough to give us a meal before we hit the road. I might stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
salesmanager412, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Conference Centre - Cranbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank you so much for your review on your stay with us. It is always good to hear compliments for the hotel and the staff - we will be sure to pass them on! We are happy to hear your family enjoyed the convenience of our swimming pool We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our city and thank you again for taking the time to write

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
#2 of 5 in Kimberley
Mountain Spirit Resort
Mountain Spirit Resort
#1 of 5 in Kimberley

Been to Days Inn & Conference Centre - Cranbrook? Share your experiences!