“A Good Stay”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Lethbridge Alberta
“A Good Stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here one night heading to Post Falls. We knew that the central was out. They put an air conditioner in the room. This kept the room cool and also helped blocking the road noise. Room was very clean . Ate in the bar , good food. Breakfast was Ok in the morning, very small room for the size of Hotel. We would stay here again

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
hbettin, Assistant Manager at Days Inn Cranbrook, responded to this review, 15 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your positive comments. Very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Cranbrook.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I booked the reservation from a popular website. I missed the fine print that there was no air-conditioning at the Inn and I wasn't able to cancel the reservation. I was really impressed that at the time of check in, they did offer to let me view my room to see if I would still be okay with it. I didn't want to find anything else, so I went with it. There was a portable air conditioner in the room. It was warmish away from the fan zone but it did keep the room cool when it was time to sleep. On the plus side, I was highway side so the air conditioner drowned out a lot of traffic noise.

The room was pretty standard for the Days Inn brand. I was a bit disconcerted to find a bottle of water left in the fridge, likely from the last person but as far as "issues" go, that was pretty minor. The blackout curtain was separated from the rod but it still kept things dark. What was a bit awful, was the cigarette smoke smell on the walk to my room. Not sure if there are smoking rooms that lead to the non-smoking or if it was just from the fans circulating outside smoke. That too wasn't a major issue to me, as it didn't go into my room. Oddly enough you could smell someone's pizza the first night. Luckily I was headed out before I got too jealous :)

My only real problem was the wi-fi not working properly. I don't know the night desk fellow's name. He offered to give me another password but I went out for the night. When it still wouldn't work the next day, the front desk didn't know how to fix it. I found that they were in a Shaw Wi-fi zone. Shaw worked for me. The wi-fi was really slow prior to it working, but since I was on holiday it could have been a sign for me to get out into the hot hot sun and have fun ;)

The continental breakfast was always PACKED. At certain times, things were empty like the eggs, sausage, and fruit. The eating area is rather tiny. Still for something that is "free" if you pack patience you won't go hungry. It was the long weekend, so I am not sure if that made for more people than normal.

The only thing that really sucked, had nothing to do with the hotel, unless you consider design. At 6:30 AM to around 7:30 AM all I heard was hotel doors banging open and close. It was like cattle running to the feed trough. That or people had to get going early. It sucked until I discovered the TV station had a music channel. I was able to drown out some of the hall noise. Seriously wish people would have some courtesy. I had some late nights and I carefully shut the door. People should remember to think about others in ANY hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't like highway noise you may want to ask to go pool side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dawn B
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Kindly accept, our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay. We hope that you will give us opportunity to accommodate you the next time you are in Cranbrook.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed there in June, was told right off the A/C wasn't working but they could bring me a fan, as it was raining out, and a little chilly, I declined the offer. The front staff was very friendly, and went over everything when I arrived and checked in. The room was very comfortable and the bed was so nice I did not want to get up in the morning!! They serve a breakfast that was pretty good as well. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Cranbrook.
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed here. Great place for a 1 night sleepover. Air conditioning was not working. However they did supply a fan for the room. Front desk staff where great and room was clean but they smell like stale smoke. Overall the bed and linens where great. Good hotel if you are looking for something economical.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Days Inn Cranbrook. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again.
Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The Cranbrook DaysInn is an easy hotel to get to from the highway, the condition of the hotel is good, the pool was warm and relaxing and the breakfast was hot and plentiful. The room was clean and neat, the amenities were all there, the wifi was fast,(according to my son) and the parking allowed for easy getaway to the highway. I've stayed here many times, never been disappointed, this trip was the same. The front desk duo of Cara and Laurie were great, helped out with check-in, gave us a reduced rate due to a lack of a/c in the hotel, promoted the hotel's restaurant and breakfast bar, were awesome.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2014

When we were checking in we were told that the a/c was down and we could go to the room and check it out to see if we still wanted to stay.There was a fan and the windows were openable so a bit of heat was not an issue.The front desk staff were very honest and up front with the problem and that was appreciated.
The beds were excellent, the room very clean and had all the amenities.
Our room faced the street and even with the window open we had no trouble sleeping.
Overall , very good value and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We didn't see our experience and issues.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jerry P
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Upon arrival, the front desk attendant informed me that the AC was out and was offered a chance to cancel the reservation if the room was too hot. Although it was over 90 degrees outside, the room with a fan was fine and was well appointed including good WiFi. It was also nice and quiet - perhaps because others decided to stay elsewhere. Considering the budget price paid, I really had nothing to complain about and would stay again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
Best Western Cranbrook Hotel
Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre
Super 8 Cranbrook
Super 8 Cranbrook
#6 of 17 in Cranbrook

Been to Days Inn Cranbrook? Share your experiences!