“I haven't had a holiday in 3 years.”
Review of Days Inn Cranbrook

Days Inn Cranbrook
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Prince George
“I haven't had a holiday in 3 years.”
Reviewed 31 May 2009

The hotel is very nice. Parking a bit tight. The room was very clean as the hallways & lobby.
The first minute I checked in, I asked "how are you?" The gal's comments were, I have sunburn and I have to work today and I haven't had a holiday in 3 years. So I wished her a nice evening and went to my room. I opened my door and was hit with 30 degree temperature. I found out moments later, the central air conditioning for the building was out of order. Cranbrook that day was 28 degrees. I called the front desk (the gal who didn't want to work that day) delivered a fan to my room. So I guess other than the fan not a lot could have been done to resolve this situation. So at check out the next morning I asked "how are you? she said she'd feel better at 3 o clock when she gets off work. If booking this hotel check out the air conditioning first. Interesting to check out the July 19th 2007 review regarding this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cranbrook, Canada
Reviewed 17 February 2009

Cranbrook is a city with an incredibly beautiful setting, but the city itself is not particularly appealing. The first view of the city for most visitors is the very dismal strip of car lots, shopping malls, and fast food restaurants, and this is where most of the hotels are, including the Days Inn. However, the interior of this hotel was completely renovated in the last couple of years when it became a Days Inn, and I was pleasantly surprised by the clean, modern lobby, hallways, and rooms. The rooms are not fancy, but everything is new and tastefully done. The Prestige Inn is perhaps a higher quality hotel, but I've had one or two bad experiences there with excessive noise from neighbouring rooms and a front desk unwilling to do anything about it. I've stayed in Cranbrook a lot, at many different hotels, and at present I'd have to say the Days Inn is the best combination of value and comfort.

Stayed February 2009
1 Thank MtSwansea
Calgary, AB
Reviewed 31 July 2008

We stayed here with our 3 kids in early July for 1 night while passing through. From the outside the hotel looks old with a"Beer Store" attached. The inside is all renovated and looks really nice. The rooms are also nice but the outdoor pool was freezing. On the flip side, the indoor hottub was way too hot and people were complaining about it. I The front desk people were nice but this hotel dosn't have much in the way of extas like a free breakfast. I thought this hotel worked for us for one night but I would not stay there again if I was planning on staying for a while.

Stayed July 2008
Calgary, AB Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2007

This is a clean and realatively updated looking hotel. There is a pool in a courtyard and you can get a room that has a sliding door onto the courtyard pool. No free breakfast but there is a restaurant on site. The Air Conditioning was broken when we visited. We were told it was half working so we would get a discount. It was not working at all and I had a hot and sleepless night. I asked for their 100% satisfaction guarantee and they said because we were given a discount that they could not do anything. I advised them that I was told it was half working...just not super cool...but ours wasn't working at all and the two other rooms they showed me were even hotter. They disgruntly gave me the free night (the manager had the guts to say they were going to fire the girl who said it was half working). Not sure I'd stay again...but this is an isolated incident.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank smatch
Kootenay National Park, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2007

My husband and I stayed in this remodelled hotel/motor inn in May 2007. Wow! The new beds and pillows are fantastic! Never slept so well. Overall, the hotel was comfortable and the Reception staff very helpful. Our room faced the street and the car park. I thought it would be noisy, but it was not. However, the windows were absolutely filthy! We had a King-sized bed and the room was large; so was the bathroom. Clean, too. We walked down the hallway to use the Jacuzzi. Nice, simple, effective after a long day on the road. There is an outdoor pool in a very cramped inner courtyard, but it was closed for repairs or something. There is a little bar near the lobby - extremely quiet, boring and the service was poor. Limited drink menu, too. Next to that is a Bavarian Restaurant. Huge amounts of food. Average service, average prices, average flavour. There is a larger tavern at the back of this hotel, but we did not go in. Overall, we believe this is a good, average hotel/motor inn in a fairly good location on the hotel strip in a very beautiful city near the foot of the Canadian Rocky Mountains. The price is right and we do recommend it for a night or two.

• Liked — the new beds, pillows and duvets
  • Disliked — not enough in-house services
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank TrueCanucks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
Best Western Cranbrook Hotel
Super 8 Cranbrook
Super 8 Cranbrook
#7 of 17 in Cranbrook
Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre

Been to Days Inn Cranbrook? Share your experiences!