“Clean, great rate”

Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Columbus, OH
“Clean, great rate”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed for 10 days during low season (over Christmas). We were given an excellent rate.
Room was very clean and obviously recently renovated.
Owners at front desk are very helpful and friendly.

My only complaints would be that the room was cleaned only 3 times during the 10 night stay and that the pillows were nothing to write about. Carpets in the room were new and clean. (Owners are in the process of renovating.) Would love to see the quilts on the bed changed. Not that there was anything wrong, just that they are the old quilts that look the same in every hotel and it's a pet peeve with me.

We had a suite with two rooms. PERFECT for us. The rear room had a window that looked out onto the sunrise coming over the mountain.

We'll recommend Model A as an inexpensive, clean, motel in Cranbrook.

Bonus: Tim Horton's is right across the road!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Manning, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I spent several days in Cranbrook and I was quite impressed with this motel compared to other motels that I have stayed at on my trip. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean, and I had excellant sleeps as well.. I will definitely be coming back to the Model A Inn when I am passing through this town again..

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I have stayed in several hotels in Cranbrook as i have family in the area and Model A has by far been the best with my price range, new owners have updated the hotel to standards much higher then the previous. The rooms were clean and comfortable, what exceeded my expectations however was the staff, it's not very often you find service like this. Location was perfect for me as Tim Hortons is right across the street and in a quiet area. I definatly will be returning to the Model A Inn the next time i'm in Cranbrook.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2011

As mentioned in other reviews, the staff is quite friendly. Smart marketing as the updated and clean exterior sadly to do match the interior. Rooms are dated, worn out, and need some attention. Needed a better cleaning, and the mattress is firm.
left over food in the freezer portion of the fridge was a disappointment.
It must be tough to operate a motel but you really could do some more work on the inside to be sure.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere, or tour the suite before you pay.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Greg C
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The staff was really nice. The room was comfortable and the bed wasn't half bad. The room was clean and the bathroom was clean. They take pets and our dog was really pleased with the friendliness of the staff. He even got a pet and a hand shake. It was a good value especially compaired to the other hotels in town.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
kootenays
Reviewed 9 September 2011

After viewing rooms in several economic motels in the area I chose the Model A motel. The location is perfect very close to shopping resturants etc. My suite was large ,clean and comfortable the fridge and microwave in the room were great features. In view of how busy the motel appeared to be ,i was pleasently suprised at how quite my room was and i found the bed quite comfortable . The front desk staff were very accomodating and eagar to assist. I had a small problem with my internet connection , upon speaking with Randy @ the front desk it was resolved immediatley. Continental breakfast was offerd with my stay (selection of cereal breads fruit etc) I found the motel excellent value for my travel dollar and have no hesitation recomending it to friends ..

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2011

It is nice that they are pet friendly (they charge for pest though as many other places do). I agree with another person that said it looks presentable from the road, but when you get a room on the second floor and see the carpet runners outside of the room you have to wonder why they would not spend the few hundred dollars making that presentable ! The carpet leading to each room is worn right through showing the wood floor under neath it, very ugly !
You do get what you pay for..........

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2011goodbad
hungrytraveller_9, General Manager at Model A Inn, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
Thank you for writing a review of our Motel! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. In response to your review, we have owned the motel for one year and have spent the first year performing long overdue maintenance items left by previous owners. This year we have replaced the roof, have plans on replaced the outdoor carpet upstairs (difficult to do when you are running close to full house), and are sprucing up the exterior as much as we can in between selling rooms, doing maintenance, doing laundry, etc, etc. Over the winter we will be moving inside the rooms, painting and replacing rugs (also maintenace that was long overdue and left undone by previous owners). As most people understand it takes time and lots of $$$ to totally renovate and our hopes are to have the exterior complete this year. Again, thank you for your sincere review, we appreciate your business. PS: Where do you find outdoor runner for a few hundred dollars - our quote was $6,000 - $8,000 including labour???? lol ;-) Cynthia