“NO INTERNET!!!!”

Best Western Cranbrook Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before and had issues with the internet but I being naive thought that by now they would have that worked out....WRONG!! I also found a pile of long hair in the bathroom which was really gross. Also they have no breakfast included in the rate. I don't think I would recommend this hotel again. The value for the money is not there. A side point though...the front desk staff are nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Suzi_mom
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Cranbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Thank you for your review. It is unfortunate that your room was not up to our normal standards. I have relayed your review to our staff. We are working with our internet provider to make sure that our guests are provided with consistent connectivity. We do welcome our guests to enjoy the Urban Taste Fusion Cafe in the lobby for breakfast, lunch, and dinner options. As always, our staff is always available to assist all our guests.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed one night for business travel. Hotel was very clean, feels very new and good amenities. Pool area would be great for kids and my room was a nice comfotable size. (One king plus chair). Comes with fridge in room with glass door so you can see if you left anything in there when you leave (as I have a habit of doing...), only thing I would like to have seen was a microwave. Bit expensive for Cranbrook in my opinion but every other place similar to the Best Western was the same price.

Overall I would stay again and I would bring my family with me if the opportunity arose.

• Stayed: September 2011
PrestigeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Cranbrook Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

It is very rewarding to know that you enjoyed your stay. Your compliments are very welcome. We will continue to do our best to meet all our guests’ needs. Thank you for letting us know how we have done. We look forward to welcoming you and your family in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2011

This property is not deserving of the Best Western name. We found the following defects:
No breakfast; yet they imply on their web site that they have a free breakfast as other Best Westerns. This is deceptive, unethical and fraudulent. We checked in at 6 p.m. and found this out at 9 p.m. My wife was tired so we stayed.
The old Tv did not work. Another customer complained when I checked in. We called the front desk and it was over an hour before the overworked clerk came to get it barely working.
The internet speed tested was 1 GB, then 5; but it was extremely slow. Things I downloaded at home in 25 seconds said 6 to 12 minutes.
I want a full refund for lack of service.
I have been a Best Western fan before this episode. I have a hunch any Best Western that does not serve breakfast is sub-standard in all services. They are merely taking advantage of the brand signature and misleading customers for personal gain.
I am writing this from a Super Eight motel in Castlegar that has a plasma TV, fast internet, clean rooms and breakfast. I passed up two Best Westerns that did not serve breakfast and will never stay at one that misuses the brand name.

Lew

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lewmarks

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were unaware that our property does not offer Complimentary Continental Breakfast. We operate within the requirements of Best Western International by offering the options provided at the Urban Taste Fusion Café located off the lobby. It offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner options as we tell our guests on our website.

We are currently working closely with our internet provider to improve internet connectivity and speed. We understand that this is an important amenity for today’s travellers. I am very pleased to let you know that new flat screen TV’s are on their way to replace our current supply. It is unfortunate that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We are always striving to meet our guests’ needs. I hope you will try us again on your next visit to Cranbrook.

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Our family recently stayed one night at the BW Cranbrook and, similar to previous stays at this same hotel, ti failed to disappoint. The staff were very friendly, coureous and knowledgable. The rooms were impeccable .... very clean and well maintained. The only place to stay in Cranbrook.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

We really appreciate your review. I am always so happy to hear feedback from our regular guests such as yourself that we are making your stays enjoyable. Our goal is always to give our guests a comfortable stay with all the amenities they require.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Logging on to the wireless network a banner was displayed stating to the effect that if excessive bandwidth use was detected, a speed limit would be applied. I uploaded 5 photos to facebook, just under 12 MB, which took 18 minutes. Either 12 MB is excessive or the speed limit is very slow to begin with.

1  Thank Summer_Traveler357

I apologize for the troubles you had with your internet connection while staying with us. We are currently working with our internet provider to improve our connectivity and speed. I trust that you enjoyed all the other amenities our property and Cranbrook provide.

Reviewed 24 August 2011

We were in Cranbrook for 4 days and enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is quite new, rooms spacious and overall the hotel is very clean. Staff were extremely accommodating. For the price, breakfast should be been included.

1  Thank DafyAlberta

Thank you for your review. Feedback from our guests is always appreciated and welcome.

Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here with another family for one night. Hotel is on the main road through cranbrook with pleanty of free parking. Checkin was easy and staff fairly friendly. The hotel is fairly new and very clean, rooms are perfect for families and the Hotel has a great pool with slide for kids. We didnt eat in the Hotel. Free WIFI is available throughout the hotel with the password supplied on checkin. The hotel is very expensive for what and where it is. Its is also located beside the train tracks with rooms facing the track a bit noisey for lite sleepers.

Room Tip: Get rooms facing away from trains.
1  Thank skull0107

I was very happy to read your review of our property. Thank you for your thoughts. We take pride in the standards we maintain for our guests. Cranbrook is a crossroads for many travellers. We enjoy our central location as our guests travel on to new destinations or enjoy the many recreational opportunities offered in the Kootenays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
Days Inn Cranbrook
#2 of 5 in Kimberley
Model A Inn
Model A Inn
#12 of 18 in Cranbrook

Been to Best Western Cranbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!