“Disapointing”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Ponoka, Canada
“Disapointing”
Reviewed 22 May 2010

Upon checking in the staff was courtious,He assured us that it was the nicest of all best western hotels......wrong so wrong. The lobby was very nice, wich is probably why the higher cost for the quality of room. We stayed in a king room. The room was large the bathroom was tiny, The closet seemed like an afterthought sticking out into the room. At aproximatly 1am we decided to go to bed. The sheets did not apperar to have been changed they were wrinkeled and had a spot of fresh red blood on them. We called the front desk and the night cleark offered to change our room or change the sheets. we opted to change the sheets as e had basically moved in. The one and only night person for this large hotel came to change the sheets and did not bring enough linen, she said she had to take the stairs as she is the only staff there and had to go back down.
The bed slept as well as any oridinary hotel bed.
In the morning when checking out i mentioned to the desk cleark the sheet issue she assured me this never happens and she is very sorry. I asked if the would compensate us for the inconvienance, she stated that they had offered to change our room. Weather we changed rooms or sheets it was an inconvieniance. The gave us 15.00 off a room that cost 190.00. I have stayed at lower grade best western motels and they have reduced the rate 50 percent for food being left in the frigde. The manager was made aware of the sheet situation in front of us and offered no appology.
No continental breakfast at "the nicest best western"

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Edmonton
Reviewed 17 March 2010

I ended up in Cranbrook for business. I asked around and this is the newest hotel in town so I decided to give it a try. The counter staff were very helpful and answered all my questions when I checked in (how to use the wireless internet, pool hours, etc). The rooms were very clean and comfortable. After I checked in, I had dinner at the restaurant (which also had great service) then decided to go for a swim. While swimming, the big three story corkscrew waterslide kept calling my name, so I thought I would give it a try. It was fast and totally enclosed all the way down. It was a thrill I wasn’t expecting and left me laughing. Staying here was a great experience and I am looking forward to taking my family there in the very near future!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Livingthelife123
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2010

This hotel has nice rooms; I’ve stayed in them before. Recently I stayed in room #100, near their business center. The room was presented as an upgrade due to the extra large flat screen TV. Granted the TV was nice, the room was not. Here's my list of pros & cons:
*coffee maker located in the bathroom; seems unhygienic to me.
*extra hard bed with only one night table. Kind of makes me think this was never meant to be a guest room.
*no closet. Instead there’s a small armoire not suitable for hanging dress pants properly
*no place to store ironing board out of the way because there is no closet
*no clock/radio
*large leather sofa
*great lighting
*good internet access
*highway noise is a bit of an issue
*noise from people waiting for the elevator
*The noisy heater/air conditioner sounds like a locomotive when it turns on
*in room refrigerator
*good fitness centre (the elliptical machine was broken when I was there)
*large water slide for the kids
*just across the street from Mr Mike’s West Coast Grill, the best dinner spot in Cranbrook
Again, this is ONE room in a large hotel. Though I have not stayed in any other rooms here recently, I have several months ago and they were OK. The noisy HVAC and highway is an issue in all of the rooms.
In perspective, most of Cranbrook’s hotels are located on this noisy highway. Cranbrook has some highly rated B&B’s in quite downtown neighbourhoods off the highway.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Maestro
Calgary, Alberta,
Reviewed 16 February 2010

The hotel itself was nice, had clean clean rooms. However if you plan on visiting for the pool, you might want to book elsewhere. The pool was extremely cold, I would say 70 degrees perhaps. They could afford to turn up the heat on the pool to make it comfortable.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 9 October 2009

I could not believe that this hotel was built in the 2000's. It has very traditional floor plan, and the furniture and fixtures are 1980's. Everything is very dated.
Nice part was easy to find since it's on the main drag, but for the price they charge ( $180 for a standard room ) I find it not delivering, especially comparing to other chain hotels in B.C., such as Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn.
Reception staff was Ok, answered questions but I didn't detect any hint of enthusiasm.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tak3
Idaho
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We found this hotel to be fairly new, clean, spacious, and reasonably priced. They have wireless internet and ample free parking. The only thing missing was a contenental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank ccmte_78
Yorkton
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Fairly new - loved the lobby decor, overall presentation and staff. Room was large with clean, newer furniture. Bathroom huge - excellent lighting. Everything worked well. Staff very accomodating.

• Liked — Bright and cheerful decor
  • Disliked — Bistro - would prefer a restaurant closer
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple