“Look no further for lodging in Cranbrook”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Elizabeth Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Cranbrook
Reviewed 31 August 2008

This is a "Canadian best-kept secret"! We pulled up to the motel and as we walked towards the office, the owner (George) came out to meet us and said "You must be the Schmidt's" - from the cleanliness of the rooms, the heated bathroom tile, the view, George's Cranbrook dining recommendations, all was 'spot on'. We chose to stay in Cranbrook as a 'half-way' point between our home in Spokane, WA and Banff. After several days in Banff, I was really looking forward to a bed at the Elizabeth Lake Lodge - we weren't disappointed on our return stay. Better book ahead as this secret gem will get out and you may have difficulty getting reservations. Oh, one other thing - most hotels/motels today offer some type of wireless internet. The ELL is no different - except it worked flawlessly in the two rooms we had the opportunity to stay in.

Stayed: August 2008

Reviewed 27 August 2008

We just stayed one night in a cozy lake-front room and found nothing to quibble about and a lot to praise, as follows: very comfortable beds with thick mattresses imported from England, free internet, heated bathroom tile floors, fluffy down or down-like comforters, competitive pricing ($98), flat screen TV, very clean room and bath, friendly helpful owners live on site, and although we did not use it a tiny kitchen complete with frig, sink, stove and microwave. PS a great place to dine is the nearby "Allegra." (I'll post a review under dining.)

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I am currently sitting at my dining room table in the Elizabeth Lake Lodge. I feel so compelled to write this review, that I couldn't wait until I get home tomorrow. To preface, I travel for business fairly frequently around BC, so I've stayed in a variety of spots.

When they coined the term "Bang for your Buck," they were talking about Elizabeth Lake Lodge. Prior to booking I had visited TA, and hotels.com to figure out where price points were. When I saw that the top rated hotel was also the least expensive (with the exception of creepy unacceptable locations), I got nervous. Still, TA users don't typically steer me wrong, so I booked through the hotels website.

Upon arrival (I was early) I was greeted by George. He was incredibly friendly, and not in that fake hopsitality way. After verifitying that my room was ready he proceeded to take me on a tour of the property as well as my room, indicating how to use certain features. He wished me a good night and offered his services if there is anything I am missing. Later (much later) when I returned to ask for an item he even remembered my name.

My room is apparently one of their favorites. It has the same amazing bed the others have spoken about, with a full kitchen, complete with tools. Also, great room coffee ready for me in the morning. There is a large stylish compfortable couch, multiple forms of lighting, and a nice 32inch flat screen that is viewable from the couch or the bed. Although I haven't included a picture, the bathtub is a giant soaker tub. The view from my room is of the lake and bird sanctuary. All the comforts of home. If I had to offer one negative, I would say that the walls are a little bare.

On the bed, if you are a hot sleeper just take the top cover off, theres a nice down duvet underneath that will keep you perfectly warm. Toiletries are acceptable, and if you need anything more they are happy to provide it - just ask.

I have to check out tomorrow.... I'm trying to figure out how to smuggle the bed in my rental car.... I will definitely stay here next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Pleasant stay, very clean, beds were great, owner was very friendly and helpful, checking in and out was fast and easy, accommodated 6 of us in one suite with no trouble and for very reasonable, had full kitchen facilities. Could have used another mirror somewhere in the room but that was the only negative. The mini golf was great fun and very reasonably priced. Very picturesque park immediately behind the motel with a great view.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2008

One night stay in Cranbrook on the way home from Seattle. The Elizabeth Lake Lodge is everything earlier reviewers have said. Very well maintained and very clean accommodation. Beds the most comfortable we have found in any hotel in ages. Located right on the south western entrance to Cranbrook, you get to enjoy a view over the lake from your room, or take one of the trails for a hike. Large flat panel TV if you dont want to enjoy the walk outside. Despite appearing close to the main road, the room was very quiet at night. The heated floor in the bathroom was a nice touch. It's only a short drive to any of the restaurants in town, so not having a restaurant on site is no problem. The owner even recommended Heidi's for dinner and it was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Can't add much to the previous reviews they have covered most of the great points about this motel. Everything feels very new with the flat screen tv, really nice paint colours, the most comfortable beds,heated tile bathroom floor etc. Our room also had a really unique table made out of logs. We brought our dog and the friendly owners went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed even offering extra bedding for him!
It is an ideal location for brining a dog with the next door wildlife area trails starting from behind the motel. They also have a mini golf there and hotel guests get half price fees. Our room had a good size fridge and others have kitchenettes.
Would recommend you check it out if looking for somewhere to stay in Cranbrook as it would be easy to drive by and not realise the gem you are missing.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank kootenai-girl
Reviewed 30 July 2008

We went to this lodge in July 2008. When we arrived the owner greeted us in a very friendly way. He took time to show us the room and talk about the area. The hotel is new, and our room was very clean. We had a view on the park. The only default is the lodge is close to the highway, but it gets quieter in the evening. Rooms downstairs are the quietest.We also played mini golf with our kids and it was very funny.
But the place was really worth it just to meet the owner.
It is very close to Fort Steel Heritage town.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family