“Always a great place to stay!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Elizabeth Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Cranbrook, Canada
“Always a great place to stay!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My wife and I have stayed here a few times and have never been disappointed. We are always made to feel welcome. They even remember our names.The rooms are immaculate. The heated bathroom floors are a great touch!
Thanks George, another wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Speedymikey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Kimberley, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

What a great clean charming hotel on the strip in Cranbrook. It was an unexpected pleasure to stay at your hotel and I was pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it was.
The only downside was a little bit of train noise in the background. I might suggest that you provide ear plugs on the side table for those who are inclined to be bothered by train noises.
I will definitely return.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Sidney, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We travelled to Cranbrook the day after Christmas and we were tired when we arrived.

We were greeted by the friendly owners with chocolate! They were very accommodating and seemed truly happy to have us there. They showed us to our rooms and let us know how things worked like the heated floors, heated towel rack, etc.

As soon as we sat down on the bed, we knew their claim to "the most comfortable sleep in Cranbrook" would be right - and it was!

While yes, there is a train track close by, we have found that most stops thru the BC interior are much the same - a major route will have trains going by at night. (if you don't like it, bring earplugs!)

In no way did we feel threatened by the sign that asked us to kindly wash our dirty dishes.

The view of the lake was beautiful with the snowy mountains as a backdrop.

The trails were easy to navigate on walks and the location was great as far as we were concerned.

We stayed for 3 nights and one night were wondering about some activities... the owners were more than pleased to offer us a selection of games and a deck of cards to help pass the time!

We always felt welcome when we went to ask a question or needed some directions.

Upon check out, their son was at the desk to say goodbye. What a sweetheart! He asked us if we enjoyed our stay and if there was anything they could do to improve!

Would most definitely stay here again should we return to the area!

Room Tip: rooms on the front may hear the train at night louder
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank theonlynamenottaken
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I was in Cranbrook for work for a week and needed a place to stay - I am so happy I found this hotel. My room was spotlessly clean with a great little kitchen that has everything you need - I cooked most of my meals here easily. Everything is brand new and the memory foam pillow was perfect. George is so welcoming, you'll feel like you're coming home when you check in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone staying in Cranbrook - a better deal than most of the chains and way nicer.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We really enjoyed our "over night" at the Elizabeth Lake Lodge. Although we had one of the smallest rooms in the lodge (most have kitchenettes), the room was spacious with a great king size bed, two comfortable chairs, rustic furniture and a small fridge. The bathroom was very clean (the tub looked like it had been polished) with heated towel racks and tile floors. The proprietor/host was very helpful, friendly and accommodating, providing us with early check in, upon request, and offering late check out while I waited for my companion who had an appointment. The rate was more than fair for the quality of accommodations provided. We will return!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view. If you are on a budget, get a room with a kitchenette and fix your own meals...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I always noticed this hotel whilst driving through Cranbrook, but never stopped as I had no need to stay in the town before. We got caught out with bad weather and booked a 'pet friendly' room last minute. They were very accommodating and it was a pleasure to stay there. The place was neat as a pin and clean as a whistle! There were many carefully thought out details, including a beige towel for wiping wet pet paws and a memory foam pillow if one needed it. The unplanned stay also allowed us a chance to dine at St Eugene Mission, another place I would recommend. I will add that they were very reasonably priced and would get my business again over the 'chain' hotels if I was ever to find myself in Cranbrook.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the lake and were not disturbed by highway traffic noise. It was also handy fo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is a small motel located near the lake. It is sparkling clean with full kitchen facilities including a coffee maker. Very comfortable king bed. Warm, accommodating room. Just a great place to stay in Cranbrook.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
#13 of 17 in Cranbrook
Mountain Spirit Resort
Mountain Spirit Resort
#1 of 4 in Kimberley

Been to Elizabeth Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!