“Great place to stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Elizabeth Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Oregon
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 15 September 2008

We decided to try this place based on Tripadvisor reviews. Glad we went with the reviews because it totally met/exceeded our expectations. We booked directly with the owner. He was friendly and easy to communicate with. He was very flexible with our very late arrival time.

The room was beautiful! Very nicely decorated and comfortable. A huge bonus was the kitchenette. The refrigerator/freezer was big enough to hold our large ice pack and all the food from our large cooler. It was nice being able to have breakfast in our room (complete with stove, microwave, and toaster).

The kids enjoyed the 18 hole mini golf course. It was very well-maintained, creative, and challenging! We also had a nice walk along the lakeside.

We would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Beautiful room, close to lake & park, reasonably priced
  • Disliked — Right on the main road (although it wasn't a busy road)
1 Thank OnTheRoadOregon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
vaughan,ontario
Reviewed 2 September 2008

very modern hotel with italian warm up floors in the bath,large flat screen TV on the wall, & mini golf,. To do the shopping need to go with a car ,but when you go find store -beside Wallmart ,there is Canadian Superstore- the best prices & cheapest ,wished there were more of this stores for everybody.,instead of Safeways& Overwaities...And last but not,the least the beds will give you the best sleep .,,

• Liked — everything
Spokane, WA
Reviewed 31 August 2008

This is a "Canadian best-kept secret"! We pulled up to the motel and as we walked towards the office, the owner (George) came out to meet us and said "You must be the Schmidt's" - from the cleanliness of the rooms, the heated bathroom tile, the view, George's Cranbrook dining recommendations, all was 'spot on'. We chose to stay in Cranbrook as a 'half-way' point between our home in Spokane, WA and Banff. After several days in Banff, I was really looking forward to a bed at the Elizabeth Lake Lodge - we weren't disappointed on our return stay. Better book ahead as this secret gem will get out and you may have difficulty getting reservations. Oh, one other thing - most hotels/motels today offer some type of wireless internet. The ELL is no different - except it worked flawlessly in the two rooms we had the opportunity to stay in.

Stayed August 2008
Naples, FL
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We just stayed one night in a cozy lake-front room and found nothing to quibble about and a lot to praise, as follows: very comfortable beds with thick mattresses imported from England, free internet, heated bathroom tile floors, fluffy down or down-like comforters, competitive pricing ($98), flat screen TV, very clean room and bath, friendly helpful owners live on site, and although we did not use it a tiny kitchen complete with frig, sink, stove and microwave. PS a great place to dine is the nearby "Allegra." (I'll post a review under dining.)

• Liked — Great care the owners made to make it a great value and keep it that way
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Vancouver,BC
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I am currently sitting at my dining room table in the Elizabeth Lake Lodge. I feel so compelled to write this review, that I couldn't wait until I get home tomorrow. To preface, I travel for business fairly frequently around BC, so I've stayed in a variety of spots.

When they coined the term "Bang for your Buck," they were talking about Elizabeth Lake Lodge. Prior to booking I had visited TA, and hotels.com to figure out where price points were. When I saw that the top rated hotel was also the least expensive (with the exception of creepy unacceptable locations), I got nervous. Still, TA users don't typically steer me wrong, so I booked through the hotels website.

Upon arrival (I was early) I was greeted by George. He was incredibly friendly, and not in that fake hopsitality way. After verifitying that my room was ready he proceeded to take me on a tour of the property as well as my room, indicating how to use certain features. He wished me a good night and offered his services if there is anything I am missing. Later (much later) when I returned to ask for an item he even remembered my name.

My room is apparently one of their favorites. It has the same amazing bed the others have spoken about, with a full kitchen, complete with tools. Also, great room coffee ready for me in the morning. There is a large stylish compfortable couch, multiple forms of lighting, and a nice 32inch flat screen that is viewable from the couch or the bed. Although I haven't included a picture, the bathtub is a giant soaker tub. The view from my room is of the lake and bird sanctuary. All the comforts of home. If I had to offer one negative, I would say that the walls are a little bare.

On the bed, if you are a hot sleeper just take the top cover off, theres a nice down duvet underneath that will keep you perfectly warm. Toiletries are acceptable, and if you need anything more they are happy to provide it - just ask.

I have to check out tomorrow.... I'm trying to figure out how to smuggle the bed in my rental car.... I will definitely stay here next time I'm in town.

• Liked — comfortable room, cleanliness, kitchen... everything?
  • Disliked — walls are a little on the thin side... but not enough to cause issues.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Calgary
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Pleasant stay, very clean, beds were great, owner was very friendly and helpful, checking in and out was fast and easy, accommodated 6 of us in one suite with no trouble and for very reasonable, had full kitchen facilities. Could have used another mirror somewhere in the room but that was the only negative. The mini golf was great fun and very reasonably priced. Very picturesque park immediately behind the motel with a great view.

• Liked — mini golf, park, and price
  • Disliked — lack of mirrors
Edmonton
Reviewed 5 August 2008

One night stay in Cranbrook on the way home from Seattle. The Elizabeth Lake Lodge is everything earlier reviewers have said. Very well maintained and very clean accommodation. Beds the most comfortable we have found in any hotel in ages. Located right on the south western entrance to Cranbrook, you get to enjoy a view over the lake from your room, or take one of the trails for a hike. Large flat panel TV if you dont want to enjoy the walk outside. Despite appearing close to the main road, the room was very quiet at night. The heated floor in the bathroom was a nice touch. It's only a short drive to any of the restaurants in town, so not having a restaurant on site is no problem. The owner even recommended Heidi's for dinner and it was excellent.

• Liked — One of the owners personally showing us to our room
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
Trickle Creek Lodge
Trickle Creek Lodge
#2 of 4 in Kimberley
Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre

Been to Elizabeth Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!