After a long, hot day traveling through 3 provinces, we found ourselves sitting in the parking lot of a chain hotel in Cranbrook wondering if we should book in. We decided not to and drove on through town. We were happy we did because we came across this gem of a lodge on the western edge of Cranbrook. Here are 10 reasons to stay at Elizabeth Lake Lodge:
1. The genuinely enthusiastic and friendly greeting when we walked through the door. The owners had us at "hello". We were escorted to our room, shown the lake trails, offered tea if we didn't drink coffee, and offered assistance with our luggage.
2. The offering of a selection from the chocolate collection or cold drink from the cooler at check in.
3. The beautiful orchid in every room.
4. Cozy, quiet rooms with the most comfortable bed and pillows ever!
5. The lovely window view of Elizabeth Lake.
6. The deep soaker tub.
7. The lovely hand made soaps.
8. The heated floor and towel racks.
9. The curtains that close overlapped for a darkened room and restful sleep.
10. Beyond reasonable prices.
(Oh, and an interesting and fun looking miniature golf course that we didn't have time to try out.)
We were so taken with Elizabeth Lodge we rearranged our return schedule and booked a room for our trip back home. It actually became an unexpected highlight of our trip!More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking