“A trip I look forward to....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Elizabeth Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Vancouver
“A trip I look forward to....”
Reviewed 31 March 2010

For the past 12 years, I have been traveling across southern BC and Alberta, and stayed in a number of hotels, B&B's and motels. This tops the list of places that I like to stay and the reason is simplicity itself.....the proprietors of this establishment know that satisfaction is in the details....that high quality customer service cannot be beat and that maintaining quality for your guests always wins hands down.
I sleep like a baby in this hotel...because it is a cozy, functional and attractive room with a great bed and a calming decor...not to mention that there is a lovely nature preserve just outside my door. Here I can sleep with my window and drapes left open, breathing in the cool night air...and get up in the morning and groom myself atop heated tiles in the washroom....and wait, there's more!
I get a kitchen to cook my own meals in, a fast, reliable wireless connection, and some of the best chocolate that I have savoured.
Did I mention customer service? The other establishments in this area need to come here to learn what customer service is all about! I have stayed in most of the hotels in this city, and NONE compare to this one.
Bottom line: if you are coming to Cranbrook, then there is just no other choice...stay here...or stay in second class.
I will probably regret posting this review, as it will make it just that much harder for me in the future to secure a reservation, but hey, this couple deserves to succeed in a big way.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We stayed here last week after a long day of traveling. Rachel was so helpful and kind and nothing was too much trouble. This place looked brand spanking new and the rooms were gorgeous and well-thought out. If we are ever in town again to perform, I would definitely stay here. Thanks Rachel and George (in absentia).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Found out about this motel by searching tripadvisor. We needed a place to stay for a night on the drive home from Seattle to Calgary. The motel is located on the main highway on the south end of town. The setting is not overly attractive (railroad tracks right across the street), but once you're actually on the property, it's a whole different story. The motel appears to have been recently built. The rooms were incredible.. flat-screen TVs, great bed, kitchen (with dishes/utensils), heated tile flooring in the bathrooms. You name it, they had it. As well, there is a very neat mini-golf course on the property which the owner let us play for free (note: he warned us that it would be the toughest mini-golf course we ever played, and he wasn't kidding!). While I wouldn't say Cranbrook is much of a vacation "hot-spot", I'd definitely say this motel is a "diamond in the rough" and would definitely recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in the Cranbrook area.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed 24 October 2009

I've been to Cranbrook many many times, and satyed at a number of places, but could never say I was impressed with any of them. Elizabeth Lake Lodge really blew me away, even after I'd read all the reviews.

I was planning to travel through Cranbrook on the way to Kottenay Lake and planned to stay overnight with my family. Checked Tripadvisor and saw the great reviews for ELL. To be honest, even though I've been to Cranbrook oftern, I never noticed the hotel before, but based on the reviews called and booked. The phone was answered immediately by George and he was really helpful and enthusiastic on the phone - sounded like he was genuinely interested in making sure we had a great visit, asked about the kids and what they liked to do etc.

In the end, the weather was supposed to be so lousy that week-end that I ended up travelling by myself instead of with my family. Hit a snowstorm, white-out in the crowsnest Pass that slowed highway traffic to 30 km/h and tunred a 4 hour drive into a 7 hour drive. When i arrived at Elizabeth Lake Lodge at 10:30, George was waiting, gave me a chocolate cigar, and then - believe it or not, walked me to my room, showed me around, and made sure I had everything I needed.

The room itself was awesome - new, revovated, warm, and very welcome after the trip I had.

Overall, the best experience I've had with a Hotel in, well, a long time.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Booked this stay due to the good reviews and the great price. We were just expecting to pass through town to get on down the road but ended up enjoying a great stay in Cranbrook. George and Rachel were amazing host. We could not have asked for better service. Everything was perfect. They were really interested in making our stay amazing. Played the putt putt golf course and must say it was a fun challenge. Enjoyed a little walk at the bird sanctuary and did some geocaching. There are several caches near the lodge. Wife loved the heated floor tiles in the bathroom. Yes it is close to the train tracks and road but all was quite in the room. Will definitely stay here again when we come to Cranbrook.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2009

I picked this due to the positive reviews and was not disappointed. We needed a stopover to break up our drive from Banff to Osoyoos and stayed here for one night. I wish we could have stayed longer!

The rooms were lovely, so clean they smelled fresh, not musty like some small motels, had a well equipped kitchen and high quality toiletries including hand milled soap, and the beds were comfortable with nice quilts, pillows and sheets. The free wireless internet worked great as well.

The lodge backs onto a small lake with a trail around it so we could hear nothing but birds chirping and although I didn't get a chance to explore it myself, my husband enjoyed walking around it. There is also great mini-golf. The owners were some of the nicest people we've ever come across and our son quickly bonded with their 2 sons who are close in age. The even entertained him in the morning with mini-golf whilel we packed up to leave.

They recommended a great place for dinner and another fabulous place for breakfast . I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2009

Based on the location-- roadside as you enter Cranbrook from the west-- I wasn't expecting to find a gem. To give you context-- my family is used to staying in the top hotel chains (Fairmont, Delta, Westin) due to our business travel. They tolerate motels. The kids raved about this motel. The owners have created their own unique accomodation category-- the boutique motel. It is as stylized as a top boutique hotel with equisite touches (heated ceramic tile in bathroom, real hardwood) and has the most comfortable beds and bedding of any motel or hotel we have stayed in. Small, but well thought out. Little touches-- their own milled handsoap and an escort to your room for example-- make staying here a total treat.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
Mountain Spirit Resort
Mountain Spirit Resort
#1 of 4 in Kimberley
Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre

Been to Elizabeth Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!