Elizabeth Lake Lodge
US$84
US$116
US$100
Great 4.5/5
Lazy Bear Lodge(Cranbrook)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$159
Almo Court Motel(Cranbrook)
Nomad Motel(Cranbrook)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsmini golfbird sanctuaryheated floorswalking trailsheated towel rackplace to staylive orchidsmall kitchenettepride of ownershipcomfortable bedsroom was spotlesshalf pricestayed longerrooms are beautifullittle toucheswine glassesbathroom floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Stayed here for 39 days due to our house having water damage. This is the cleanest accomodation in Cranbrook. The beds are extremely comfortable, the staff are courteous and friendly. Rachel and George, the owners, definately go the extra mile for their guests.
Our stay here helped with the stress of having our kitchen demolished and rebuilt, Our young shih-tzu loved the walks around the picturesque bird sanctuary and she was treated with the same hospitality as we were.
Will recommend this accomodation to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I don't think we've ever been greeted as genuinely and enthusiastically as George and Rachel do when entering the office of Elizabeth Lake Lodge. We lived there for 3 months and we felt like long lost friends with the friendly hellos and joyous callings of our names. The rooms are immaculately clean and well designed, with kitchens and all of the necessary accessories for making a meal. The beds are extremely comfortable and beautifully made with crisp white sheets and sparkling gold bed spreads. Each room boasts a warm bathroom floor, large TV and a comfortable chair or love seat for reading books. The view of the Elizabeth Lake Bird Sanctuary is breathtaking and the views of mountains from every angle just adds to the mystique. You will love your room, but you will love the host's more. Thank you George, Rachel, Michelle, Thomas and all of the housekeeping staff for taking such great care of us and treating us like family.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2010

For the past 12 years, I have been traveling across southern BC and Alberta, and stayed in a number of hotels, B&B's and motels. This tops the list of places that I like to stay and the reason is simplicity itself.....the proprietors of this establishment know that satisfaction is in the details....that high quality customer service cannot be beat and that maintaining quality for your guests always wins hands down.
I sleep like a baby in this hotel...because it is a cozy, functional and attractive room with a great bed and a calming decor...not to mention that there is a lovely nature preserve just outside my door. Here I can sleep with my window and drapes left open, breathing in the cool night air...and get up in the morning and groom myself atop heated tiles in the washroom....and wait, there's more!
I get a kitchen to cook my own meals in, a fast, reliable wireless connection, and some of the best chocolate that I have savoured.
Did I mention customer service? The other establishments in this area need to come here to learn what customer service is all about! I have stayed in most of the hotels in this city, and NONE compare to this one.
Bottom line: if you are coming to Cranbrook, then there is just no other choice...stay here...or stay in second class.
I will probably regret posting this review, as it will make it just that much harder for me in the future to secure a reservation, but hey, this couple deserves to succeed in a big way.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We stayed here last week after a long day of traveling. Rachel was so helpful and kind and nothing was too much trouble. This place looked brand spanking new and the rooms were gorgeous and well-thought out. If we are ever in town again to perform, I would definitely stay here. Thanks Rachel and George (in absentia).

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Found out about this motel by searching tripadvisor. We needed a place to stay for a night on the drive home from Seattle to Calgary. The motel is located on the main highway on the south end of town. The setting is not overly attractive (railroad tracks right across the street), but once you're actually on the property, it's a whole different story. The motel appears to have been recently built. The rooms were incredible.. flat-screen TVs, great bed, kitchen (with dishes/utensils), heated tile flooring in the bathrooms. You name it, they had it. As well, there is a very neat mini-golf course on the property which the owner let us play for free (note: he warned us that it would be the toughest mini-golf course we ever played, and he wasn't kidding!). While I wouldn't say Cranbrook is much of a vacation "hot-spot", I'd definitely say this motel is a "diamond in the rough" and would definitely recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in the Cranbrook area.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple