“5+++ - the place to stay in Cranbrook!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cranbrook
Elizabeth Lake Lodge
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Cranbrook
Vancouver, Canada
“5+++ - the place to stay in Cranbrook!”
Reviewed 5 September 2010

Had a fantastic stay and time during my visit at the end of August. The room quality and service is that of a 5+ property. The owners run their establishment with pride, and their passion for making the guest experience a memorable one is next to none. This lodge/hotel is the only place to stay in Cranbrook. I would even choose this over the St. Eugene Resort and Casino, for overall room quality and attention to detail. I paid $125 (including tax), for a two bedroom room. This cost is the best bang for your buck out there!! The suite contained a small kitchenette, including a large microwave. The furniture, dishes, linens, bed (mattress), and fixtures, are that of a 5 star hotel - I am not exaggerating on this. All of the other reviews are accurate and capture my experience to the tee. I will definitely return and recommend this property hands down. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rogertravey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2010

BJPToronto said it so well that I'd pretty much like to cut and paste most of their review in to mine '-) What a wonderful place this is! The owners couldn't be nicer or more helpful and the room was just about perfect, it pretty much spoiled us for the rest of our trip. The heated bathroom floor was a lovely addition, now I want one.
I don't know if I'll ever have a reason to come to Cranbrook again but I sure would like to, just to stay at this lovely hotel. Highly recommended 10++++

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Very enjoyable experience. Stayed for 8 weeks and was very comfortable from beginning to end. Rooms very clean, and nicely and tastefully updated. The settings are very peaceful . The proprietors are very kind and take great pride in their service and accomodation.
- Dr. John

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Our first floor accommodation included one bed, a large flat screen television, two comfortable chairs, a dining table w/chairs and a kitchenette. The room looked brand new and was very clean. The bathroom floor is heated. The owners are a young couple who are very welcoming. There's also a minature golf course on site, but it was raining when we arrived so we didn't get to try it out.

One tip: If there's more than one person, reserve a room with two beds. The one bed is a tad small for two. I was clinging to the edge all night.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We travel a LOT, and this place will get the best review I have ever given a place. I had booked this motel based on the reviews I had read on Trip Advisor. It was the #1 rated place in Cranbrook, and the price was around what the other places charged, so I went ahead and booked it. The Elizabeth Lake Lodge exceeded my expectations totally!!! Our first glimpse of the motel was favourable. It was very attractive and looked very well maintained. It was on the side of the highway on the west side of town, next to the Tourist Information building. The female owner who checked me in was terrific. She was friendly and efficient. She took me to the room to show me around rather than give me the key and tell me where the room was. As we were going to the room, her phone rang and she actually asked the person who was calling to check availability to call back. Most other motels would have taken the call and simply pointed out our room. She also presented me with a box of fancy chocolate bars and asked me to choose which flavour I wanted as a welcoming gift. Nice Touch!!!
The room was very large and well laid out. It was close to twice the size you often get in motel rooms. The bed had the thickest mattress I have ever seen - it had to be about 18 inches thick. And it was SO comfortable!!! There was a full sized leather sofa with cloth cushions - not at all what you expect in a motel room. There was also a full sized wooden dining room table with three solid wooden chairs. There was a kitchenette with a stove, microwave, sink, under the counter fridge (which was as deep as most regular fridges) and a full sized pantry unit. The kitchen came equipped with everything you could possible want : kettle,coffee maker, toaster, place setting for 4, cutlery, pots, spatulas, knives, etc. It had the dish soap and towels as well. It was better equipped than we have had in some fancy resorts we have stayed at. The room was carpeted and the kitchen had laminate I believe. The bathroom had a stone tiled floor, and it was heated!!! Believe me, that was a first for me in a motel !!!! The room had a wall mounted flat screen tv with excellent reception and numerous channels. The wireless internet worked just great as well. What can I say, everything in the room was just fantastic!!! The kitchen table (or should I call it the dining room table) over looked the lake and the walking paths that wandered the shore line. Each room had flowers growing in a window ledge planter outside the table window. And outside the room were huge comfy wooden armchairs where you could sit and soak up the sun/look at the lake, etc.
We had a terrific sleep. Unfortunately, we did end up with a family with Lead Feet above us. The type of people who get up at 6 and all Stomp around with no consideration for others. We were already awake, but it was still the only thing that was less than an 11/10 at this motel. As we were packing up to leave, the male owner came to us and asked if we had been bothered by the people above us. We told him about their feet and he apologized for them (like it was his fault???) He even offered to adjust our bill !!!! (Despite all our travels, this is the First time that offer has ever been made) We told him no, it had not affected our stay and it was not his fault those people had Lead Feet. He insisted on going back to the office to get us some of the fancy soaps (did I mention that they do not have the usual motel soaps, but rather the soaps you would find at a fancy resort?) He gift wrapped two full sized bars of soap for us to take as a gift for the relatives that he knew we were going to visit that night in Calgary. And another bar for us to take home. It was totally unnecessary, but much appreciated. Yet another sign that the Elizabeth Lake Lodge is not just your average motel. Cranbrook is not normally a place where we would consider staying for more than a night or two, but after staying at the Elizabeth Lake Lodge, we are thinking of returning to Cranbrook for an extended holiday, just so that we can stay at this place. It is just so nice that we know it would enhance our trip to have such nice accommodation.
In a way, I hate to give this place such a good rating because it may be full each time we try to book it. But then, why should you miss out!!! If you want a place to stay in Cranbrook, then you MUST go to Elizabeth Lake Lodge. You will not regret it! It is fantastic!!

1 Thank BJPToronto_Canada
ELLCranbrook, Owner at Elizabeth Lake Lodge, responded to this review, 28 July 2010
You were so incredibly kind with your feedback; thank you for all the warm fuzzies. In order to give our guests accurate expectations as to their stay, I really appreciate you mentioning the sound challenges we have. If one stays on the ground floor, then a large family above can be clearly heard. If one stays on the second floor, there is traffic and train noise that bleeds through the door. Next month we commence on the second and final phase of our dream. Hopefully in May, when the doors open, we can spread everyone to a quiet room. George
Cold Lake, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2010

My husband and his parents stayed at this hotel with our dog Tiger for two nights and all I can say is wow!
We were greeted by the owners who were absolutely lovely - complementary chocolate for the ladies and a guinness for the men (although I think that was a bit special). They took the time to show us to our room and help us with directions for our hot springs excursion the next day.
The rooms are immaculate and well kept. They look extremely modern and have a few special touches like handmade soap in the washroom. I actually felt that I might have misunderstood the rate given how nice things were (but happily it's just good value!)
The paths along the lake right outside of our room were great for short walks with the dog and the mini-golf was hilarious (quite challenging!)
Anyways, this is the first review I've ever written because I have never been quite this impressed with a hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2010

The services is exceptional, a level above what i have seen in 5 star hotel. Nice to walk around in the bird sanctuary

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbrook
St. Eugene Golf Resort & Casino
Trickle Creek Lodge
Trickle Creek Lodge
#2 of 4 in Kimberley
Prestige Rocky Mountain Resort and Convention Centre

Been to Elizabeth Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!