“Extensive Greek and Canadian Menu”

Apollo Ristorante & Steak House
Ranked #71 of 99 Restaurants in Cranbrook
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bristol, Virginia
“Extensive Greek and Canadian Menu”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I usually like Greek food, and was a little disappointed in my spanakopita--it was overcooked and a little too chewy. The Greek salad that accompanied it was terrific and just what I needed after a long day of sightseeing. My husband had a BLT with fries. The sourdough bread was very crisp and cut his mouth; blue cheese was an interesting addition to the sandwich. I would probably return to the Apollo but our selections were only average. Service was good, and the interior is attractive.

Visited June 2012

Cranbrook, Canada
“what a disappointment”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The restaurant was busy (maybe 75 or 80% full) we were seated immediately and then forgotten. 20 or 30 minutes later someone finally came and took the drink order. The food came 110 minutes after the order and only after we asked what was the hold up. The food was poor and cold. Service was terrible and no effort was made by the staff to rectify the situation. No reduction in the bill, just a bad attitude! Definitely should be avoided!

• Visited April 2012
Thorold, Canada
“the building is scary, and decor is scary, but...”
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Ok so I am one of those people who judge a book by the cover, I have lived in this town for 3 years and have been too afriad to go here. The other night I said "lets just get it over with", so we did. The decor and building is awful, I mean it is awful. The chairs they have are just as bad if not worse, they are really really uncomfortable. I had to sit on the edge of my chair the whole time. The food was good, big portions, good service. So yeah, if you judge a book by a cover, and you are uncomfortable with gross decor like I am don't go, there are prettier resturants in town that serve just as good food.

• Visited March 2011
Chilliwack, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre food, poor management”
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I was part of a large group of people who recently went to this restaurant following a function. The evening started off poorly after a screw up in our reservation, that had been made quite some time prior to this event, which I have to say does set the tone for the evening. Before I go any further with this review however, I must say that I have no complaint what so ever with our server, sorry I don't recall her name. This young lady went out her way to try and accommodate our group, she desperately needed help but unfortunately there was none to be found even though there appeared to be no shortage of staff in the restaurant. Also of note is that the rest of the establishment did not appear to be very busy at this time.

This establishment has been around for quite some time and is in definite need of some updating. Although it appeared tidy it was definitely not what I would call clean. If we had arrived at the end of a busy day fine, but we arrived early in the evening.
After arranging our own tables and sitting down it was quite evident that there was either some problem with the dishwasher or simple inattention to the state of the dinnerware. One or two dirty pieces of silverware or drinking glasses with a party the size of ours, I could accept but it seemed that getting a clean glass was the exception not the rule this evening. When my wife brought this to the attention of the manager his remark, was to simply bark "what do want then" the reply, a clean glass for starters.

The food service although somewhat slow, was ok, again taking into consideration 22 people descended on them unexpectedly. When it came to the food, the portions are quite large, and they have a simple but reasonable salad bar. The quality of the food however left something to be desired, I ordered a medium size prime rib, when it arrived the vegetables were bland and cold, and a rather tough cut of meat with little flavour was what I had. While discussing the quality of my meal with others at the table it became very evident I was not alone in my take on the food. We left the restaurant without ordering dessert, disappointed in our meals. I can't say that I would recommend this place to anyone, for the same price a far superior product can be found at Franks, another local establishment close by.

• Visited March 2011
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food and Great Service and Price”
Reviewed 26 February 2010

Probably the best Greek food we have ever had! We went with the specialties and were very pleased! Our service was excellent!

1 Thank Dinnersready06