“Classy/casual restaurant overlooking the ocean”

Ocean7 Restaurant, AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean7 Restaurant, AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 144 Restaurants in Courtenay
Price range: US$11 - US$37
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Argyle
Transit: Bus stops at entrance
Description: Ocean7 Restaurant and AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar located at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa is newly renovated and re-opens in early March 2017. The new AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar features creative casual shared plates paired with fine wines and signature cocktails, while Ocean 7 Restaurant will focus on West Coast seafood, grain fed meats and fresh organic produce from local sustainable growers and suppliers. The culinary experience will be unparalleled with unique creations from our Executive Chef Nyle Petherbridge, an accomplished Red Seal chef who created menus for some of most successful well known establishments in British Columbia. Your senses will be awakened enjoying tantalizing food for the palate while gazing out to the vast ocean views which was the main focus in the design process. Spectacular panoramic waterscape views welcome you as you enter the main entrance for the two restaurants. Design elements make use of French provincial flair and modern West Coast accents featuring beautiful wine displays, soft woods, stone and antique tile finishes. Centralized in the AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar is an inviting New York style bar with rich marble countertops sourced from Vancouver Island’s top quarries. On beautiful sunny days, two large garage doors will open up to the patio enticing you to sit outside and bask in the warm sun with breathtaking views of the ocean and the beloved lush Kingfisher gardens. The new oversized outdoor fire pit will be a romantic spot to cozy up to watch the spectacular wildlife and sunsets. The adjoining space, Ocean 7 Restaurant, maintains a fine dining atmosphere with view tables and cozy booths, stair stepped to allow amazing vistas for all. The Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, not only a destination Spa Resort, but a destination for a top culinary tasting experience!
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was there with my sisters and mom to celebrate my sisters' 50th birthday. We had the midweek spa and lunch package. I had the cumin encrusted salmon with mango salsa steam bowl and it was delicious. The service was excellent. For dinner I had the cioppino which I enjoyed with a nice glass of wine. the breakfast I had the crab benedict with fresh fruit. What can I say. It was awesome. We also had the chance to order from room service which comes from the Breakwater. All of enjoyed our food. My one sister who is very picky ordered her chicken fingers from the childs' menu, but as I say she is a very picky eater and does not like seafood and likes her steak burnt. I would go back. Prices were reasonable.

1  Thank 181Linda
There are newer reviews for Ocean7 Restaurant, AQUA Bistro & Wine Bar

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

A friend and I enjoyed a a drop in yoga class and the hot tub then decided to get a light dinner. We shared a few small plates and really enjoyed them eating absolutely ever bite. We realized they forgot an ingredient in one of the dishes and inquired with our lovely server. She promptly returned with an appy they made for us to compensate. We then shared an amazing desert all made in house. Will be back as soon as I am in the valley again such a lovely spot with great west coast food.

2  Thank hornbyisland84
Reviewed 10 January 2014

The setting is absolutely lovely on the ocean at the Kingfisher Resort & Spa in Courtenay, BC. The menu has loads of fresh and local items such as greens & seafood which was very tasty. The service was really friendly & prompt so will return!

2  Thank Olym2010
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice variety, food well prepared and presented, service was impeccable. The restaurant decor and ambiance was also top notch.

1  Thank naturelovers2
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My wife and I have been going to this location a few times a year for the past 10+ years. We won't be coming here again for dining. The soup tasted like it was from a supermarket carton, the entree was very disappointing and the dessert was bland. With a $29 entree, let it be known they are charging an additional $4 for a bread basket - incredible...I assumed this would have been complimentary with fine dining, especially when you consider the total bill for an average dinner patron. The manager never came around to ask, so this might be the only way to hear of our experience. The view is amazing, nice decor, great memories, but the food/value was so terrible we won't be coming back.

1  Thank luv2eat2nite