“Fantastic night out for a family birthday”
Review of Tita's - CLOSED

Tita's
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
toronto
“Fantastic night out for a family birthday”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My family and I went here at the end of July to celebrate a birthday. We were charmed by Tita's! The service was probably in the top 5 of any restaurant experience I have ever had. Our waitress somehow managed to be personable and like one the family as we celebrated, and also thoroughly unobtrusive. This is a hard balance to get right and she was fantastic! The food was just right. I cannot say enough about the homemade condiments and sauces. I wanted to take them home and pour them on ice cream they were so good. Everyone had a different main and there was something for every heat preference. My dad had fish tacos that were mild enough for him. I had a stuffed chile dish that had a nice punch of heat. My sister had a veggie dish and my mother had something fresh and healthy. There are plenty of veggie and even vegan options, and a nice assortment of mexican beers. Can't say enough about this restaurant - fantastic setting too.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank juliet p

Courtenay, BC
“Healthy and Delicious”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Tita's is such an adorable restaurant, and gets high praise for its decor and atmosphere - you really feel that you could be in a seaside town in Mexico. Their interpretation of classic Mexican dishes are just delicious, and we love that they bring out fresh chips and salsa to snack on while we choose our meals. I like the option to pick from a variety of side dishes such as quinoa, several different styles of beans, as well as rice options. My favourite is the oozes and spices Chile Rellenos. It's moreish :)

Visited August 2013
5 Thank angelafarquharson
Qualicum Beach
“Nice Restaurant in a Pretty Setting”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I went with a girlfriend for an early dinner last Saturday. The restaurant is in a yellow house and the outdoor setting is really nice. We had Mango Margaritas to start. Delicious. That was followed by an order of Nachos. Equally delicious. She had the Tortilla Soup which she said she orders every time and loved it. I had the Enchiladas with the Rancho Salsa sauce. It was okay but I was expected crispy shells, the shells were soft and it was just okay. Not warm either.I would definitely go again though but would try something else for a main.
The place was busy and looks like a nice first date kind of restaurant. There were families and large parties though so I think it would suit everyone.

5 Thank Dawn I
Vancouver Island, Canada
“If you can't get to Mexico, go here”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have eaten at Tita's several times over the past few years, and it has been consistently good. I have travelled extensively but have not yet been to Mexico personally...it is certainly "Mexican enough" for me, and a family member who has spent a significant amount of time in Mexico with her husband said that the food could hold its own in Mexico.
Last night, I had the pleasure of eating on their shady deck with some friends, and it was a lovely experience. Our server was pleasant and attentive, and the food was very yummy. The menu is varied, and offers something for all tastes - the menu is a bit different than before, I understand Tita's is now under new ownership? Prices are reasonable. Service is not quick, but then I do not understand the need of some people to rush through a restaurant meal. It was perfect for a dinner out with good company. If you want to eat fast, get fast food.
The building itself is evocative of Mexico, with its ochre walls, tile trim and artwork. I really like Tita's - it is a unique, fun and tasty change from the other restaurants in the Comox Valley.

5 Thank toad55
Courtenay, Canada
“a Mexican restaurant without Mexican food !”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

While the building looks sort of Mexican and the menu has Mexican items listed, this is not food from Mexico. The fish tacos were beer battered fish -English fish and chips style- put in a tortilla! The beef tacos were small bits of good quality cooked steak in a taco. No flavour whatsoever.
On the positive side, there is a selection of Mexican beers and these did taste Mexican. And the guacamale was ok but without a bite to it. Service was very slow. And the prices were not at all mexicano - very pricey for the portion sizes. Very disappointed.

1 Thank Kikoenmexico