“Really not good anymore. Needs a redo . ” 1 of 5 bubbles

Tita's
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Really not good anymore. Needs a redo . ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We had been to Tita's a year ago and two years ago during the summer. We remember it as being outstanding. I didn't know it had changed owners. Tonight the food was really terrible. The mango margarita was good however. The home made corn chips were were stale and soggy. The fried pork rinds were inedible. I had a Chile Releno which was so tuff I could not cut it with a knife, a tamale side was very sweet but other than that it was tasteless. One of our party had a burrito which was described as "ok", but I noticed was only partially eaten. A pile of shredded cabbage and carrots was on each plate for no edible reason. No dressing just shredded cabbage. The refried beans had been sitting and had a "film" on top. There was some sort of vegetable that might have been some sort of squash but was so under cooked as to be tasteless and tough. The other dishes that our party had, the flauta's were "ok". Unfortunate as it was good, but whoever is doing the cooking now is struggling. The servers were good and the service was good but that won't make up for poor food with no imagination. Sorry but we won't be back. There are a couple of very good restaurants in Courtney. This isn't one of them.

“Best Mexican we have ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

This restaurant was our favourite one in Courtney. The place was packed and the patio was filling up as well. The food was amazing 5 out of 5 for us. Our waitress was really good she was on top of everything. The rhubarb margarita was delicious you have to try one of these. Can't wait to come back here for more great food.

• Visited June 2014
7 Thank Dawn K
BC
“Beautiful patio and great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Friend's and I went to Tita's last night and had a great experience there! We all had margaritas, and fresh oysters on the half shell. Then an entrée. The service was great too! I hadn't been to Tita's in about a year, I had heard that the menu was not as good as it used to be with the new owners. But this visit definitely proved that wrong! Everything was tasty, and the patio is so beautiful, they have done a lot of work to the whole outside area.

Very impressed!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank ILoveSummerSun
Courtenay, Canada
“going down hill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The last two times I have gone here I have been disapointed. This restaurant used to do a real authentic fresh mexican. It's still fresh and mostly mexican but lost it's authentic edge. It has gone down hill by focusing on a minmalistic healthy food style. Gone was the tasty rice and fresh crumbled cheese topping, the plentiful sauce and full plate. In it's place a small bowl of beans, dry cabbage sprinkled on the corner and some rather tastless green squash (which I had to ask the waitress what it even was). We ordered guacamole to start, added to our complementary chips which was not accompanied by any salsa since we ordered the guacamole. It cost 6 dollars for just a small dish of it, equalvalent in size to a very small advocado. We were also served a small sectional plate of pickle, 3 small sections with a quater sized amount in each, not enough to share.... not even enough for one. The dinner portion all through we ordered a desert. Saddened by the fact that their website listed other items no longer available we ordered flan. It came out in a small ramekin dish (usually turned out onto a plate so the caramel runs over it). It was just enough for one but not good enough to share. We then waited quite a while for our bill until I had to go up and get it. The final touch; It came with a tiny dish with 2 dime sized chunks of a soft fudge. My guest and I are saddened by the new Minimalistic choice in dishes.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“YUM!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is where I bring visiting guests...because it's delicious, fresh, and the service is exceptional. Yup, I love Tita's.....next stop adopting a hispanic aunt so I can eat this well all the time!!! ;)

• Visited February 2014