“ALL YOU CAN EAT FISH AND CHIPS”

Jo Klassen's Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 142 Restaurants in Courtenay
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Jo Klassen’s Restaurant, We are a locally family owned and operated licensed dining establishment that’s been in operation since 1994. We strive at providing our customers with outstanding food and beverages with excellent customer service. With our versatile menu you will be sure to find something that everyone can enjoy and never leave hungry with our bottomless pop and home-cut fries. We also boast our famous All You Can Eat Fish And Chips which is renowned all across Vancouver Island and has left many customers fulfilled and coming back for more time and time again. You must be sure to save some room for our variety homemade desserts which are the perfect way to compliment your meal. We are located on the main street of Courtenay, B.C. which provides as a convenient location to stop and grab a satisfying meal on your way through town. In our establishment you will find yourself in a pleasantly comfortable atmosphere with open view to our kitchen which provides as some entertainment while your meal is being prepared. There is a great level of accessibility and parking provided for our patrons and we will certainly do our best to accommodate you to ensure the best dining experience. We also provide many other amenities that include; a full take-out menu, party or group reservations, daily specials, gift certificates, as well as a free wireless internet connection. Hope to see you soon!
Courtenay, Canada
“ALL YOU CAN EAT FISH AND CHIPS”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

my wife and I go here when we feel like eating lots of fish. The all you can eat is everyday. The fish I am not sure what kind it is but it is a white meat, likely Alaska pollack. It comes to you, two large pieces with fries and a small dish of coleslaw. I can usually eat one more piece and there is no problem, they ask if you want more and how many. It is a battered of course and deep fried. It could be a little less greasy but we still like it. Fries are good too.
The place is beside Tim Hortins on Cliffe ave., near the driftwood mall. The all you can eat fish is $11. per person. Not sure about child's portions.
Small place seats about 30 people. Good for when you want to eat lots and not spend a lot.
There is better fish and chips but you have to drive to Campbell River and go to the pier by the ferry terminal to Quadra island. There you eat outside, but the fish is cod or Halibut (best around the island) but the prices are a lot higher.

• Visited July 2014
joklassensgrill, Owner at Jo Klassen's Restaurant, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for your review, sometime come in and try the halibut for a change from the All you can eat, it is fantastic!

Courtenay, Canada
“Lots of food at a resonable price”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Lots of fish and chips to take home family pack a great deal always hot but do not forget to call inadvance for pick up busy place.

• Visited May 2014
Comox, Canada
“Fish and Chips o.O”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Jo Klassens is a wonderful Local Fish and Chip restaurant in the Comox Valley. Some would argue that its not, but I beg to differ. They always have daily specials, I myself always go for the Shrimp. The staff is wonderful, very friendly. Location is convinient and centrally located. Being a local I will totally be back!

Keep it up Jo Klassens!

• Visited March 2014
Merville
“Best Fish and Chips Anywhere”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I travel with my job and I try fish and chips in a lot of different places and some are very well rated both here and on the food channel but the best I have had anywhere is here. It is also the best value for your money here. The batter is perfect and light not heavy and soggy like some places I have been and the chips are made from the right kind of potatoes. There are only 2 or 3 other places I have been here on the West Coast that even come close to the fish and chips at Jo Klassen's. We eat there fairly regularly.

• Visited March 2014
Ucluelet, Canada
“The best Fish & Chips”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Our family had dinner here. From grandchildren to grandparents, the plates were cleaned of the most delicious fish and chips. The service was excellent and portions spectacular. Children's portions perfect for small children. We will certainly take any visitors we have that want fish to this restaurant.. The best we have found for good, plain fish and chips. Also serve excellent coffee.

• Visited November 2013