“Very Disappointed After Reading Reviews”

Saigon Noodle House
Ranked #35 of 144 Restaurants in Courtenay
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Granted, we didn't arrive until 7:20 pm with closing posted at 7:30 on the door. But, that shouldn't have been the reason our Pho was tasteless and the chicken in it, tough and dry - how you manage to serve dry chicken in a soup, I don't know. About 7:40 - with other diners in the restaurant, they started stacking the chairs on the tables. We finished our tasteless Pho surrounded by table legs. The only good thing was the friendliness of our server and the price.

There are newer reviews for Saigon Noodle House

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Since I know nothing about authentic Vietnamese food, this place has me hooked on what they offer! I love the simplified menu, assured of my favourite when I remember 14C... vermicelli noodles on lettuce with cucumbers and shredded carrots, with a side of spring rolls. A huge portion makes for take away every time.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

We regularly enjoy a meal here as the service is friendly and the food is delicious. There is a good selection but we love the A3 as it includes 2 spring rolls, a crunchy salad bowl with bean sprouts topped by grilled pork. We have also enjoyed the curried vegetable and chicken dish. It has recently closed for renovations and we are looking forward to visit it once again as soon as it reopens. It is very popular as the meals are reasonably priced and delicious. Great value and friendly service.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I wouldn't say their food is authentic Vietnamese food (ie. pineapple on grilled chicken on rice #16 with a Thai chili sauce out of a bottle on top) but I always come back because the price isn't bad and the service is good... And honestly, this is the closest thing to a Vietnamese meal in the Valley. I am of Vietnamese decent and grew up in the lower mainland where there is an abundance of Great Vietnamese restaurants and this wouldn't fare well against those restaurants. However, it's an honest and small family run restaurant with a great owner and the food is tasty... Just not completely authentic in my opinion. The pho could use for some more beef and thicker tendon and I always judge a Vietnamese restaurant from this, first and foremost.

Side note: I come here almost weekly and will bring my friends from the mainland to try their food - and the general census is that it's decent!

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Awesome place in town! don't take visa or interact mind you! I have been orderig the salad roles and 14b for over 8 years now! can't get enough!