Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
Best Western The Westerly Hotel(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$114
Old House Hotel & Spa(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$99
US$89
Travelocity
US$140
Port Augusta Inn and Suites(Comox)(Great Value!)
US$75
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswater slidesbreakfast roomhi expressfree breakfastfront desk stafffamily suitehot tubyogurtcomox valleyliving areagreat poolwalking pathmini fridgeflat screenwould stay againvancouver islandroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2011

My husband, myself and three sons stayed here for three nights this past July. Everything was just great. No complaints whatsoever!
The rooms were clean, the pool and waterslide a big hit with the kids and the free breakfast was delicious. The staff were very friendly and accomodating as well. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Jauline, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2011

Dear Rachel and Family,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review regarding The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley! We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to share their experience with others. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you sincerely for your thoughtful comments! We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley!

Reviewed 9 July 2011

I did not expect much from a Holiday Inn above a place to sleep. But this particular establishment blew my mind! Superbly clean, friendly staff, astoundingly varied and plentiful breakfast (including make your own pancakes and crayons for kids), and a lovely indoor pool, waterslide, and hot tub. I was sad to leave as I loved it so much!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear Colleo,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review of The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley! We are absloutely delighted to have been able to exceed your expecations for our brand.
The comfort and satisfaction of our valued guests is of paramount importance to us and we are pleased receive such positive feedback regarding your recent experience with us. It is truly rewarding to have such a beautiful review to bring back to our staff and management team. Reviews such as yours remind our staff of the importance of the work they do and that the skills and positivity that they bring to the hotel are an invaluable asset to our property.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley!

Reviewed 8 July 2011

I made reservations back in April 2011 for a night's stay at the end of June. We were going to be returning from fishing in Ucluelet and knew we would have at least a fish or two frozen in a cooler. I told the reservation clerk that we would need the cooler kept in a fridge or freezer overnight because our flight back to Edmonton did not leave until the next day. She assured me that they could accommodate this request. When we arrived to check in, the desk clerk told us that two days previously, they had adopted a new policy to not store fish that were brought in by guests. Our fish had been flash-frozen by a government approved processing plant in Ucluelet (Fishful Thinking which I will also review) and was contained in an airline approved cooler. It may well have stayed frozen until we returned home but for what we paid for the trip, I wasn't taking any chances. The clerk did not inquire as to how the fish was packages. Anyway, I called the Best Western hotel down the street and they said "Come on down, we'll certainly store your fish". I sent my husband back to the desk as a courtesy to inform them that we would not be staying. They said fine but they would be still be charging us the full room rate on our credit card for a late cancellation fee. I went back in and told the clerk that I would not pay a penalty for a policy-change they had adopted two days prior to our check-in. The desk clerk (almost threateningly) said that she would speak to the manager as though having the manager involved would somehow make us more amenable to paying $130.00 for nothing. She went into a back room and returned a few minutes later and said that the penalty would be waived. I thanked her but will still be monitoring our credit card statements! Therefore, I cannot comment on the rooms or anything else but the lack of ethics and customer service. Holiday Inn should be aware that Courtenay/Comox has an airport from which many sport fishermen (and fisherwomen) depart.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen O

Dear McCoon,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. There is no question in my mind that this situation should have been handled in a more appropriate manor beginning with the time of booking. We never should have promised to store your fish without absolute certainty that we could accommodate your request. A promise was made to you and regardless of the size of our freezer or the availability of space within it we certainly could have made a much greater effort to satisfy your needs and to keep our promise. This situation has been discussed with our Management Team and Front Office Staff and we have been successful in coming up with some viable solutions to ensure that we are able to be more accommodating in the future. I sincerely apologize for the stress and inconvenience that you experienced due to our falure to make good on our promise to you.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and sincerely hope that you enjoyed your visit to Vancouver Island.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Stayed only for two nights, it was clean and receptionist was friendly and helpful. Internet computer is next to lobby and free. Breakfast was served on time and had the "usual" stuff, good and tasty and served hot. Room was clean and everything worked, had the hot tub in my room and was great, as well there is a pool and work out room, limited equipment in work out room however. Interior seemed very well kept and you could tell it is a newer place. There is a trail/ path behind motel to walk and it will also take you to some restaurants for dinner, or just to go watch a game.Walking distance to grocery store up the street a bit and as well walking distance to some fast food.Would come here again

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Hawksfans,

Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley! We appreciate you taking the time to share your delightful experience!

We are always pleased to hear that our guests enjoy their time with us and appreciate the value that our facilities provide. Most importantly we were thrilled to read that you would return to our property and allow us another opportunity to make a memorable impression on your visit to the Comox Valley. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff and management team as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express, Comox Valley a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future and appreciate your business.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Despite me changing my plans three or four times, the staff were always extremely friendly and helpful at changing my reservation. All of the front desk staff were very pleasant and professional, and are willing to do what it takes to make you happy. The breakfast is ok. The rooms are large and very comfortable, and quiet.. A soaker tub would be nice. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear KDVictoria,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Tripadvisor review with regard to your experience at our property! We are delighted to hear that you are appreciative of the high level of customer service that we strive to provide here at the Holiday inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley!

I am thrilled to hear that our Guest Service Agents were so helpful to you in changing your reservation to accommodate your needs. I noticed that you had commented that the breakfast was ok and that you would appreciate the use of a soaker tub. I wanted to let you know that we can certainly accommodate special requests in the breakfast bar area for those with dietary restrictions, provided those requests are made in advance of arrival. In addition we are pleased to offer 5 Jacuzzi Suites featuring a spacious in room jacuzzi which may add to your comfort during a future stay. Our Guest Service Agents would be pleased to discuss the difference in price between the Jacuzzi Suite and our Deluxe Double Queen with you upon taking your next reservation.

Thanks again for your positive review of your experience with us! Your comments have been circulated throughout our staffing as positive reinforcement to continue their best efforts in serving our valued guests. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley! We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.