“Great place to stay in comox”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Reviewed 23 December 2013

we drove from victoria for 4 hr and got here 1.30am. so tried. but after we saw the room , Oh my god! it's clean and nice , reception cute and polite. so great service and room in town. its popular now cus,pepple go ski, so as long as they can keep , you will have #1 hotel in town for sure

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 December 2013

When travelling with just my children (3)and leaving the husband at home we always stay at this hotel. The staff is super awesome with my children, always very friendly and allowing my children (7 &4) to chat with them for a bit.
I get a suite so my children can go to sleep with ease while I stay up later in the living room area.
I recently booked a suite and due to some major vehicle issues I was not able to keep my reservation, the Holiday Inn did not even charge me for my lack of show on the first night and late cancellation for the next night!! A huge appreciation :) I have never given a hotel a review before, but I thought the HIE, deserved a shout out for their kinds and understanding. I will let them know in person when I arrive next week :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a great hotel with many amenities. We have an 11 year old so the waterslide and pool is a big bonus. The rooms are very clean and modern and the complimentary breakfast is great! The front desk staff are absolutely delightful and specifically Amy was just so great to deal with I can't emphasize enough how bright and accommodating she was. We like this hotel location as well because it is quiet but also central to everything. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Courtenay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Friendly, helpful staff, especially Grace in the breakfast room!! She was cheery and bright, positive and always remembered guests!! Pool and hottub were enjoyable. Rooms were well appointed, with ample space. Breakfast selection was top notch -- eggs, sausage, bacon, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, and a lot more! The breakfast area was also kept very tidy and everything was replenished frequently.
Hotel is within walking distance of: Tim Horton's and White Spot, and the walkway along the water. Overall - great stay; would happily stay here again, next time we vist the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

We're never disappointed when we stay at HI Express! Pet friendly, clean, and great complimentary breakfast! Staff here were friendly, they make it so easy for pet owners, no size limitations. This location had a nice walking trail just out back!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jebrina
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel room was nice, it was clean and spacious. The bed was a little too firm, and the "AC" unit (if you can call it an air conditioner unit) was one of THE worst I have ever seen. Why do hotels advertise AC and then default the unit to the lowest possible setting, there was an on, off and auto setting. We knew it worked because it was so loud, but didn't spit out cold air, the bed was right next to it and I couldn't even feel it! The room never got below 22 degrees which to us is too hot, we hate heat, and purposely pick hotels with an AC unit. With the building being newer I expected a lot more. So with the hard bed and the stifling heat I had THE most uncomfortable night, I cannot imagine the place in the summer time. We will not be returning. I go to a hotel to rest in comfort, there was no comfort, and the wifi was not the greatest. I wanted to leave at 6am and normally we stay at hotels until one minute before check out time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CanadaDreamcatcher
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear CanadaDreamcatcher,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the AC unit and the internet connection have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Stayed at this hotel while visiting family, Hotel was nice and clean with friendly staff.

We stayed in a family suite with 2 queen beds in one room and a seperate bedroom with 1 queen sixe bed. The room was spacious and comfortable with a good selection of channels to choose from on the TV. The room had a wet bar with a coffee maker and fridge to store drinks and food.

Breakfast was included in our stay and had a good selction of food to choose from, you could even make your own pancakes if you wanted them.

The hotel is close to a good restautant called the White Spot if you want to go for a nice meal and also a 7/11 for all your drinks and snacks.

I would stay at this hotel again when coming back to Vancouver Island.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jauline, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Tombond,

On behalf of us all at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Comox Valley, I would like to thank you for leaving your recent feedback which is most appreciated. We are delighted that you found the Family Suite to be comfortable and to your expectations. We are pleased you enjoyed your Express Start Breakfast and I hope that you did try the pancake machine. Thank you for the feedback about our friendly staff, I will ensure that this is passed on to them.

Thank you for choosing The Holiday Inn Express & Suites on your recent trip to the Comox Valley! We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back in the future 

J. Matkin
Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
The Villas at Crown Isle Resort
Travelodge Courtenay BC
Travelodge Courtenay BC
#6 of 9 in Courtenay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW? Share your experiences!