“Great place for family”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Lake Cowichan
“Great place for family”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Came to the comox valley for my sons hockey tournament and stayed for 2 nights the room was nice and clean and modern, micro fridge, microwave, flat screen TV.
The continental breakfast included in the stay was great as well featuring scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, toast, coffee, tea all this for under $115 per night for 2.
Keep up the great work you guys and gals at the Holiday Inn Express comox

Room Tip: call first and talk to the staff
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Reviewed 3 January 2014

If you may recall my last review of this hotel back in September, I said that every time I would come back to Courtenay I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express, I kept my word. We spent 2 nights here and It was great! The room was nice just like last time. The Value was great (Under $120 for a King Bedroom Suite). The Pool was very nice, and Breakfast was good.
The staff was great; At the Front Desk I think her name was Amy? she was one of the best Front Desk Employees I have ever had. She was very nice and helpful.
I will keep making my promise of coming back to this hotel when I am visiting in Comox.

Room Tip: All are great!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brenden E
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting my brother in Courtenay.

When I booked my reservation, I spoke with a female named Amy who highlighted their amenities and made the reservation process very enjoyable. Upon checking in, I met Amy and was again impressed by her friendliness and professionalism.

This is a great hotel just minutes from everything. The rooms are very clean and modern. My nephew immensely enjoyed the waterslide, I enjoyed the hot tub and later the treadmill. The gym could be better outfitted but is pretty good for a small hotel. A complimentary breakfast was quite good!

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Courtenay.

Room Tip: I had a back room away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

we drove from victoria for 4 hr and got here 1.30am. so tried. but after we saw the room , Oh my god! it's clean and nice , reception cute and polite. so great service and room in town. its popular now cus,pepple go ski, so as long as they can keep , you will have #1 hotel in town for sure

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mission, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

When travelling with just my children (3)and leaving the husband at home we always stay at this hotel. The staff is super awesome with my children, always very friendly and allowing my children (7 &4) to chat with them for a bit.
I get a suite so my children can go to sleep with ease while I stay up later in the living room area.
I recently booked a suite and due to some major vehicle issues I was not able to keep my reservation, the Holiday Inn did not even charge me for my lack of show on the first night and late cancellation for the next night!! A huge appreciation :) I have never given a hotel a review before, but I thought the HIE, deserved a shout out for their kinds and understanding. I will let them know in person when I arrive next week :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Victoria BC
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is a great hotel with many amenities. We have an 11 year old so the waterslide and pool is a big bonus. The rooms are very clean and modern and the complimentary breakfast is great! The front desk staff are absolutely delightful and specifically Amy was just so great to deal with I can't emphasize enough how bright and accommodating she was. We like this hotel location as well because it is quiet but also central to everything. We highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Courtenay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Friendly, helpful staff, especially Grace in the breakfast room!! She was cheery and bright, positive and always remembered guests!! Pool and hottub were enjoyable. Rooms were well appointed, with ample space. Breakfast selection was top notch -- eggs, sausage, bacon, bagels, muffins, fruit, yogurt, and a lot more! The breakfast area was also kept very tidy and everything was replenished frequently.
Hotel is within walking distance of: Tim Horton's and White Spot, and the walkway along the water. Overall - great stay; would happily stay here again, next time we vist the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa
Travelodge Courtenay BC
Travelodge Courtenay BC
#6 of 9 in Courtenay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW? Share your experiences!