“What a great little hotel/motel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
“What a great little hotel/motel”
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised with this facility. The rooms are very nice and inviting with all the little personal items provided to make your stay better.
The facility is right on the highway but set back to offer quiet sleep. If you are going through Comox and need a great priced location to quickly put down for the night - this is it. Well done Holiday Inn

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank FCFireConsulting

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My Family and I stayed at this hotel during Boxing Day for our sons hockey tournament and we were treated great from the start of our booking right to check out.
My sons team booked in and got a great team rate thanks to the hotels groups coordinator Jessica. I made my reservation directly with Jessica. She was extremely helpful and friendly! Thank you Jessica!
Once we got to the hotel the friendly staff didn't stop. Amy at the front desk was great with our check in and even with a lobby full of people kept a smile on her face. Keep up the great job Amy!
Our room was great with a king sized bed and separate living room space with a pull out bed for our son. The room was clean, had a great little kitchenette area with sink, mini fridge, and microwave.
The hotel has a indoor pool which is a good size and also my sons favorite part the waterslide!
I really just cant say enough about how great out stay was. We will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor. Better views
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kieth O
Lake Cowichan
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Came to the comox valley for my sons hockey tournament and stayed for 2 nights the room was nice and clean and modern, micro fridge, microwave, flat screen TV.
The continental breakfast included in the stay was great as well featuring scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, toast, coffee, tea all this for under $115 per night for 2.
Keep up the great work you guys and gals at the Holiday Inn Express comox

Room Tip: call first and talk to the staff
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2014

If you may recall my last review of this hotel back in September, I said that every time I would come back to Courtenay I would stay at the Holiday Inn Express, I kept my word. We spent 2 nights here and It was great! The room was nice just like last time. The Value was great (Under $120 for a King Bedroom Suite). The Pool was very nice, and Breakfast was good.
The staff was great; At the Front Desk I think her name was Amy? she was one of the best Front Desk Employees I have ever had. She was very nice and helpful.
I will keep making my promise of coming back to this hotel when I am visiting in Comox.

Room Tip: All are great!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brenden E
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting my brother in Courtenay.

When I booked my reservation, I spoke with a female named Amy who highlighted their amenities and made the reservation process very enjoyable. Upon checking in, I met Amy and was again impressed by her friendliness and professionalism.

This is a great hotel just minutes from everything. The rooms are very clean and modern. My nephew immensely enjoyed the waterslide, I enjoyed the hot tub and later the treadmill. The gym could be better outfitted but is pretty good for a small hotel. A complimentary breakfast was quite good!

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Courtenay.

Room Tip: I had a back room away from the highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

we drove from victoria for 4 hr and got here 1.30am. so tried. but after we saw the room , Oh my god! it's clean and nice , reception cute and polite. so great service and room in town. its popular now cus,pepple go ski, so as long as they can keep , you will have #1 hotel in town for sure

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Mission, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

When travelling with just my children (3)and leaving the husband at home we always stay at this hotel. The staff is super awesome with my children, always very friendly and allowing my children (7 &4) to chat with them for a bit.
I get a suite so my children can go to sleep with ease while I stay up later in the living room area.
I recently booked a suite and due to some major vehicle issues I was not able to keep my reservation, the Holiday Inn did not even charge me for my lack of show on the first night and late cancellation for the next night!! A huge appreciation :) I have never given a hotel a review before, but I thought the HIE, deserved a shout out for their kinds and understanding. I will let them know in person when I arrive next week :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa
Travelodge Courtenay BC
Travelodge Courtenay BC
#6 of 9 in Courtenay

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW? Share your experiences!