“A Great Place to Eat”

Locals Restaurant at the Old House
Ranked #1 of 143 Restaurants in Courtenay
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Locals Restaurant in now located at the historic Old House along the river in the center of town. This 1937 Arts and Crafts era inspired homestead is the perfect location for the fine cuisine prepared by European trained chef, Ronald St. Pierre.
Winchester Hampshire
“A Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and a friend ate dinner at Locals and the food, wine and service were really good. Everything we ate and drank was local and the restaurant tells you who the food producers are which is very good to know. It is a great pity we donor live locally as I am sure we would visit it many times.
As a European it was good to see portion sizes that were not excessively large which seems to be a compulsion in this general part of the world but in my opinion is very wasteful.
Thanks for a really great experience.

Mayne Island, Canada
“wonderful choice”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We came to Locals on a recommendation and we very much agree that it is a great restaurant.
The service and server were friendly and helpful. The dishes we had were also excellent( bouillabaisse and bison filet) Even though the place was packed it was not noisy and we never felt neglected even though the staff was extremely busy. The added touches , the bread, amuse bouche,the chocolate cherries were great and unexpected. We would recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited August 2014
Courtenay, Canada
“Classic and authentic”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have dined at Locals many times and this is more of a general review. The staff and food definitely set the bar in the valley.
i do not have a favourite dish as I haven't hit everything on the menu yet but I have never been steered astray by the staff recommendations. Great winelist as well. Local sourced foods and classic styling of cuisine. Cozy room and lovely summery patio. Pricing is a steal for this quality. Please visit and support this business- this quality level of dining is vanishing elsewhere.

• Visited July 2014
Kamloops, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brunch”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

To have that incredible piece of history and architecture in our view while we were staying in the Old House Hotel was so inviting. On the review from family who had eaten there the day before we decided to have brunch with them before going to a wedding.
From the moment we walked in the door until we left (even though they were busy) we were made to feel like we were the only customers. The decor and ambience make you feel like you are somewhere else.
I had the shrimp and spinach omelet with their specialty potatoes....no words to describe how tasty it was,
And a HUGE thank you to them for making sure I had a nut free meal.
We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank J W
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I had seen Local's on a previous trip and knew I had to eat there. It was highly recommended by everyone we talked to, with a beautiful setting on the river and in an old house. Very classic and classy. The food was a 10/10 and yes, it was one of the best restaurants that I've eaten at. After taking ages to decide what we wanted from there amazing selection of seafood, we had the Mussels and a Shrimp and Crab Stack for our appetizers. For our Main, we ordered the Seafood Linguine and Scallops in the Thai Green Sauce. Everything was just so delicious. The kitchen will also do any modifications that you like. I love the fact that the food is all locally sourced and there is a list on the back of the menu that tells you where the food comes from. I am a big fan of supporting the local community.

Visited August 2014