“Good food and good service (but not easily handicap accessible)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bisque

Bisque
Ranked #7 of 140 Restaurants in Courtenay
Price range: US$9 - US$26
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For those who have already found it, the charm of bisque comes as no suprise. The fast paced lunch changes to a relaxed evening out. Just steps away from the Best Western and Old House Hotel and Spa our Fresh West Coast Menu includes local seafoods,lamb, house made fresh pasta, AAA steaks and a nightly fresh sheet. fully licenced
Kelowna, Canada
“Good food and good service (but not easily handicap accessible)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

While visiting our elderly aunt in Comox, we needed to find a restaurant that was easy for her with her walker, and could accommodate my dietary needs. It was a little bit of a walk for her from the parking lot, as even the handicapped parking spot was at the top of a slope. She took it slowly and we made it. (But very tiring for her getting back up to the car) It wasn't too busy while we were there, but it was quickly filling up and the two wait staff were kept busy, but were always pleasant, smiling and helpful. I was given a few suggestions of how the chef could adapt menu items for me. Unfortunately most had either gluten or dairy in them, neither of which I can eat. But a delicious salad with salmon was made for me. My sister and aunt enjoyed both of their seafood meals.

1 Thank muffin056

Banff, Canada
“Very unpretentious but absolutely excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant was highly recommended to me by one of my associates and we were not disappointed by the recommendation. Just off one of the main drags (Cliff Avenue), the restaurant appeared casual (quite nice, however) but the food and service was far from this. We were fortunately served by one of the owners and it wasn't until the end of the meal that we said she had to be an owner because she did such an incredible job on serving us. The meal started with a complimentary dish from the chef which was a phyllo shell filled with a cream cheese - delicious. We then started with two appetizers dishes one of which was prawns stuffed with escargots and spinach and this was excellent. My wife had the schnitzel with an enormous amount of crab on top and devoured this as if she would not have another meal. My son and I went for the Linquini Vongole which featured an extensive amount of seafood and this was served fresh, hot and very tasty. The restaurant is very reasonably priced and is a place that both visitors and locals enjoy. We'll be back to try this place again.

1 Thank Wayne K
Fort McMurray, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great introduction to oysters!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great food and specials during the Shellfish Festival. The stuffed oysters were very tasty! Friendly, helpful staff!

Visited June 2014
Courtenay, Canada
“one of our favourites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is where we go for dinner when we are celebrating a special occasion. Tonight it was our 55th anniversary. We were served warm bread and 2 phyllo shells filled with cream cheese and shrimp before we ordered. I chose the prawn stuffed with spinach and escargot for an appetizer. My husband had a crab cake. Both came with a small salad and everything was delicious. For our entree I ordered the lamb, rare and my husband ordered the snapper with scallops and prawns. Both came with 5 vegetables and roast potatoes. Portions were large beautifully presented and tasted fabulous. Dessert was one order of chocolate orange mousse and one order of ginger lemon cheesecake. A perfect way to end the meal. 2 home made chocolates were served with the bill. The restaurant is small , quiet and a great place to enjoy each other without having to talk over a lot of noise. Service is excellent and we always come away happy. Once again we enjoyed the evening and will definitely be back.

1 Thank lori668
Orlando
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Dinner was great! Started with a complementary phyllo cup with flavored cream cheese and shrimp. Yummy! Then a three course meal - Caesar salad, Hunter Schnitzel and finally Creme Caramel. Great food, reasonable price, great service. A bottle of wine and it was a perfect evening.

Visited June 2014