“Really Nice Weekend”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Calgary, Canada
“Really Nice Weekend”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Spent 2 night at the Kingfisher. Check in staff were very nice and helpful. Room was a nicely renovated Orca ocean front room on the main floor. Nice heated bathroom floor, jetted tub was nice, separate bedroom with king bed was nice, view of the ocean is always excellent. Didn't get to us the Spa facilities as extremely busy. Pool, hot tub and steam rooms were nice. Restaurant was nice and not too overpriced for the food being served.

Room Tip: Get a room with an ocean view, closest to the water
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband and I come here once a year for a getaway. The food is excellent, the spa is VERY relaxing and the rooms in the building in front make you feel like you're right on the water. A walk on the beach - it doesn't get much better than this.

Room Tip: We like the rooms in the front with an unobstructed view of the water.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I can't believe this place that was recommended to me by several people have someone on the phone with such a bad attitude, poor customer service and judgment. I tried to book a room which their website clearly indicates they have availability and just because I happen to have a promotional voucher I was told no rooms were available and if I wanted to stay I needed to pay more. No options were given and I was treated as if this voucher would make me a less valuable customer for the hotel. To me this voucher was a great opportunity to experience new places and clearly this place showed me that they do not value their customers. I don't understand why this resort offers these vouchers if they do not want to acknowledge the what they offered.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Edith A
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We bought a coupon through LivingSocial for $149 for 2 nights with dinner/spa coupons.
When we tried to book a room, we were told all the dates we tried were sold out for using the voucher. However, there are the same type of rooms available in the standard rate and we were told to upgrade by paying $75 per night.
We called several times and tried different dates but the answer was always the same.
We are wondering how many rooms are eligible for using the voucher at a time????
We also felt disguised by the reservation's clerk's pushy attitude.
First of all, if we were to spend $300, we wouldn't book this hotel. That's why we bought this coupon.
If the hotel cannot accommodate the customers in the certain period, they should extend the expiry date so all the customers with the voucher can enjoy the stay which is supposed to be the purpose instead of up-sell.
Now we don't even want to go there because the experience before booking has already made us exhausted and very unhappy.
I don't think they know what the hospitality business is.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Max M
Natasha R, Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Thank you for your feedback Max M. We do apologize that our Ocean View Rooms were sold out on the dates you were hoping to stay with us and that one of our reservation agents were not able to assist you. Your Living Social voucher does not expire and we would very much like to have you join us to be able to take advantage of this great deal! If you could contact our Guest Services Manager, Sarah Chase, directly at the Resort, she will be happy to assist you personally to find a date that will work for you. Please call us toll-free at 1-800-663-7929 and ask to speak with Sarah Chase. She is looking forward to receiving your call.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Kingfisher Resort soon!

All the best,
Natasha Richardson,
Resort Manager
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Great place for a quiet getaway and not on the shopping centre trail. There is everything you need for a quick getaway

. The staff are very helpful and the food is good. We were there for a wedding a few years ago and everything was done well and there was plenty of on site conveniences for the guests between the festivities. When I went with my friend we just went for lunch and a good walk on the beach. It is a great spot for a quiet walk. The food is very good and they have a good selection. The only difficulty I would think of is you either have to take the ferry and drive there or fly and rent a car as its off the beaten path. But once you are there you really don't have to go anywhere else

Room Tip: We had a beautiful room down by the water when we were there for Patties wedding. It had a separate...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Almost every thing was great. Staff was friendly and really tried to make everything perfect. My only complaint was that my group which was six women aged around 50 years went for a hot tub with a few with wine in plastic glasses. We were stopped at the door and it was all confiscated, even the girls with just water. All of a sudden I felt like a scorned child. We also had a noise complaint and were told to "keep it down" at 9: 20 PM in the hot tub! Disappointing for a place that's trying to be classy.

Room Tip: Book ahead to get a water view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lisa S
Thank you so much for your feedback Lisa S. I am very sorry to hear that your group were made to feel like scored children when you came to enjoy our hot tub and outdoor pool. Our liquor license prohibits alcohol consumption in the spa and out door pool facilities, which is why you were not allowed to proceed with your beverages, however, I will follow up with the team in the spa to make sure we communicate our policies in a more appropriate manner. As well, the same courtesy should have been applied when your group was asked to consider other guests enjoying the facilities and adjust the noise volume. It can be challenging to balance every guests needs and our Kingfisher team is trained to address each guest concern both courteously and professionally, so please accept my apologies that your group did not have this experience.

We hope you and your group will join us again in the future and I feel confident we will exceed your expectations with our guest service. Thank you again for your feedback.

All the best,
Natasha Richardson
Resort Manager
Courtenay,B.C.
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We rode our bikes here for a quiet getaway. The weather was beautiful and we lounged around the pool. We got a great deal from Travel Zoo and felt we got good value for our money. We also had a nice meal in the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
Painter's Lodge
Painter's Lodge
#2 of 16 in Campbell River

Been to Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!