Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa
US$96
US$87
Willow Guest House(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
US$135
HIExpress.com
US$159
US$154
Hotwire.com
Arbour Cottage B & B(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
US$80
Lake Trail Guesthouse(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
US$65
Anco Inn(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$67
Agoda.com
Old House Hotel & Spa(Courtenay)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$173
1,332 results
All reviewshydro pathromance suitesteam roomocean viewbreakwater restaurantorca suitesteam cavehydropath experienceget awayoceanfront roommurphy bedhot tubmid weekbeautiful groundsrelaxing getawaycouples massagevancouver island
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed at Kingfisher for one night before driving up to Ucluelet for the weekend. The resort is in a beautiful spot and we had a lovely view of a pink and purple sunset over the water from our room.
The resort is a little older but well kept, it was clean, and the beds were comfortable. It would have been nice to have a screen on the door as it was an unseasonably warm September evening when we were there and wanted to sleep with the balcony door open, but there were too many bugs.
The front desk staff was very friendly both at check in and check out. I wish we'd had more time to check out the spa and the restaurant, but we spent a little time in the morning walking around the resort and spent a few minutes on the swing by the water. It's a cute place to get away and if we returned to Comox I would likely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carly17
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My friend and I recently did a girls getaway together a the Kingfisher Lodge on Vancouver Island. We had a fabulous time and would highly recommend it for both friends or couples. We had a lovely room with a fabulous view and outdoor balcony. The room is not large but certainly adequate and had small fridge and coffee maker with delicious coffee provided. We did the water spa treatment and it was wonderful. You feel so relaxed when done. While we were waiting we spoke to a woman who comes frequently just to use the spa. We ate 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts there and all were amazing. We had both been on high end cruises recently and felt the food served here was just as good. The view is lovely and there is a large patio for sitting outside. The prices were comparable to other higher end resorts and quality and quantity were certainly there. All staff from dining room to reception were very friendly and helpful. Will definitely recommend to friends and to back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 2 young children in July (sorry for the late review!).

We were staying in Courtenay for a family reasons so most of our time was spent with family and not at the hotel. That said a few things were impressive about our stay, and I think it's worth while paying complements.

The front desk staff were absolutely charming, positive and accommodating. It gave us a feeling that they really enjoyed being there, which made us feel like we were staying at a place that cared about what they did.

The room is better on the inside than what you might think from the outside. If we were to stay again and have time to enjoy the services of the property, we'd definitely book a room on the ocean side with views.

The ocean side isn't a sandy beach, but it is very private. The short time I had to spend with my boys at the beach there made me want to come back just for that. Fun crab hunting and rock skipping if you have kids!

If you're looking for resort type activities for kids there is a pool, but there are kids hours. There were lots of kids staying while we were there, but we didn't get the feeling that its a kids oriented experience. It would be really nice to go back as a couple and make use of the spa and enjoy the ocean ambience without other things to attend to.

The property landscaping was immaculate. In July everything was in bloom, and the grounds were basically manicured. My wife and I both wished we could have enjoyed a romantic dinner at the restaurant (sorry kids!).

We only had breakfast in our room at the hotel, and it was tasty. Service was quick.

The housekeeping and maintenance in the rooms was also to a high standard.

The only recommendation I'd make for the floor rooms in the upper part of the property is to consider replacing glass sliding doors with french doors. I think this would just give the vibe of the room a good lift.

In short, I think this would be a great place to go as a couple or with a friend, unplug from the usual pace of work/life, and relax. When you wake up in the morning its not to traffic, other hotels, or a myriad of shops. It's really just a beautifully kept property on the ocean... pretty decent!

Great job to your team! Thanks for the comfortable stay.

Room Tip: I'd go with the ocean side for views and ambience.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mcorlett
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I have done the hydropath quite a few times, some with my husband which was more intimate and some with friends which was more fun and playful, either way you do it the Hydropath is an amazing hour journey of relaxation and smiles. I recently went with a wedding party for a hydropath and nail mani/pedi's and I was so disappointed with the end results for myself and the other girls. We all ended up re-doing our nails that night when we got back to our hotel room because they were shaped poorly and painted even worse, with chipping and streaks (I had the warm towel over my face and didn't realize she even put on the wrong color!). I will next time go into town to one of the many great options Courtenay has for 1/2 the price. I hate leaving negative reviews but I truly wouldn't want women (or men) spending money on this service for the quality you would receive.

Room Tip: I gave the spa a low marker only because of the mani/pedi, always go for the hyropath - always a great experience!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My fiancé and I spent the weekend at the Kingfisher and LOVED every minute of it. Andrea at the spa was really knowledgable and we both enjoyed our treatments as they were so relaxing. The food was delicious, and we had one of the most beautiful views from our room we have ever seen! Not to mention Lauren at the front desk was so helpful and really made us feel at home.

We will definitely be back soon and would highly recommend this spot for a great weekend getaway on the Island!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple