“Great spot”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Victoria, Canada
“Great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We stayed for one night, as part of a one-week islands trip. It was everything a resort should be. The room was well appointed and spacious, with a balcony and great water view. Enjoyed the large hot tub and warm pool. Missed the spa hydropath, but look forward to trying it some other time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me for a 2 night stay for my birthday last week and we were so impressed. This was our first visit to Kingfisher and it will certainly not be the last.

The friendly staff, well appointed ocean front room, amazing spa, heated outdoor pool and lovely hot tub exceeded our expectations. Both the room service and meals in the restaurant were delicious and fantastic service. The day at the spa was like heaven and it left us feeling pampered and very relaxed.

The beautiful gardens and grounds are very well maintained and the resort is kept up with high standards and is immaculate.

I do recommend the ocean front opposed to the ocean view rooms they have little kichens, nicely updated, sooo quiet, and have amazing views. Well worth the extra money.

This is a wonderful getaway destination for couples, a group of friends or girlfriends for some R&R together. I wouldn't suggest this is the right place to bring small children as its adult orientated which suits the resort well.

We can't wait to return and have already recommended this gem to our friends and family.

A special thank you to the Kingfisher staff for making my birthday extra special!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victoriaflower_123
exploretourandtravel, Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us Victoriaflower!

Happy Birthday to you! We will be sure to pass on your comments to our team who strive to exceed our guests expectations during their stay. It sounds like we were able to do this for you on your surprise getaway! Hope you captured some great images or your getaway too.
Stay tuned to our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/kingfisherspa for exciting promotions for our fans!

We look forward to welcoming you for a return visit soon and wish you a wonderful year!

Warm Regards,

Cristina Baldini
Hotel Director
Kingfisher Oceanside
Resort & Spa
Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

my wife and i stayed at the kingfisher for 2 nights and found the service was top notch we had dinner on the saturday night and then the sunday brunch later on the sunday we had a couples massage and also did the hydropath all was superb the sunday brunch has over 100 items and the price of $35 is quite reasonable staff was always ready to answer any questions the massage i had was by iris and was so relaxing it almost put me to sleep my wife had tammy and also had trouble stay awake because it was so relaxing

Room Tip: we stayed in room 212 and the view was superb
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The Pacific Mist Hydropath is a very enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours! This adventure takes you through many different "stations" where you are stimulate to relax. You go from a mineral shower to a mineral hot tub. Then onto the shower cave (4 different showers), and once finished there you move into a sauna. So nice.... then you step into a Glacial waterfall! There are numerous other steps that help to complete this lovely experience. Be sure to make reservations!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I spent a most enjoyable couple of days at the Kingfisher Oceanside Resort in Courtenay (Vancouver Island) in early October. We made our reservation with Sarah who was fantastic and "sold" us into an upgraded Beachside Suite (Room 413) with an in room hot tub, Pacific Mist Hydropath Spa and dinner reservation - ALL were wonderful and worth every penny! Front Desk ladies, Gerda and Monica, as well as our Spa gal, Lindsey, were superl. The food in the Restaurant was first class as were the various folks who attended to our 2 brunches and 2 dinners. We will return - Peter and Ann.

Room Tip: You can't beat the Beachside Suites on the 4th floor!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I purchased a Travelzoo voucher for $179 which included a 2 night weekday stay, and a $100 spa credit. Due to work constraints at the last minute, by husband was not able to take time off during the week before it expires. I called the hotel to ask them what my options were. I was told I would be able to stay on a weekend, and they would just apply the $179 to my room charge, and I would just pay the difference for a weekend rate. Perfect.

I was happy with that until I called back a few days later to actually book the room. I was now told that I would also lose the $100 spa credit if I chose to come on the weekend. How does this even make any sense??? So now I'm paying MORE, but I lose the credit?

I completely understand having to pay extra on the weekend.....this is to be expected. But why am I losing my spa credit? So I thought I would email the General Manager and ask her. Surprise surprise...no response whatsoever. Not even a "go fly a kite" email. Nothing. BAD BUSINESS! If you don't want to be treated like a second-class guest at the Kingfisher, then don't buy vouchers.

So I booked my weekend trip with my voucher. Paid extra to stay in an earwig infested, run down room on the weekend, paid full price for my spa visit, and to eat in the over-hyped restaurant. My quick $179 weekend away was over $500 in the end.

I did like the property, it was beautiful, and has lovely scenery. Our room was a walkout room about 30 steps to the outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, spa and sauna etc. which was very convenient. And the hydro-path was wonderful. It was stormy out and my husband and I enjoyed swimming in the rain.

Overall, for that price I would have gone back to the Tigh-na-Mara or back to Tofino and stayed in a better overall resort where they know how to treat a paying customer!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LisaVancouver_BC
Good Morning Lisa,

thank you for taking the time to write to us about your experience. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your Beachfront Suite, outdoor pool, steam cave and our Signature Pacific Mist Hydropath Spa Experience.

Our managers have reviewed our housekeeping and maintenance records and confirmed that we have not had any reports of earwigs in the rooms or at the resort in our history. We were surprise to hear your mention of this and were happy to look into it, though at this time I am happy to say there is no evidence of these pests in the rooms or resort.

We look forward to welcoming our guests for a memorable experience at our resort! Our Travel Zoo promotions do have strict booking restrictions as with most of these vouchers. As you were not able to book during the parameters of the vouchers our reservation teams was able to honor the value that you paid for the voucher towards your stay but not the additional incentive attached to book within the parameters of the voucher. We apologize if this was not properly explained to you at the time of booking.

Delivering a unparalleled guest experience is what the Kingfisher Team strives for.
We look forward to welcoming you for a return visit Lisa.

Warm Regards,

Cristina Baldini
Hotel Director
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

This is a lovely place to relax, good food, great spa facilities and friendly staff.
We had a room overlooking the garden and whilst it was of good size and had good kitchenette facilities it was tired and needs updating.
However it is worth staying just for the restuarant. We ate there two nights and couldn't fault it. We also had Sunday brunch and i'ven ever seen such a wonderful range of wonderful food. It was all delicious and i'd thoroughly recommend it. Do book though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Helen P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Central Saanich

Been to Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!