“Our honeymoon destination”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Edmonton, Canada
“Our honeymoon destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Beautiful room, excellent service. It's a short drive from Courtney and just a bit off the main road which gives it a feeling of being secluded. Lovely grounds - well cared for flowers.

We had a kitchenette room which was well appointed. The bathroom with double head showers and heated floors was heavenly.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kyla T, Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you BettiR2013 for your review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us! Looking forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

The Kingfisher Leadership Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed there two nights, December 17-19, 2013, room 209. The room was very clean with a nice view, comfortable beds. People from the front desk were polite and helpful. Wi-Fi could be better. Nice pool and sauna. The spa was very unique. The old fashion TV could be replaced for something newer.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kyla T, Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you very much for your review JennyAlexG! We appreciate your review and we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We are going to update the TV's in 2014 and we are upgrading our WiFi as well, so thank you again for sharing your experience and your suggestions did not go unnoticed! We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Happy Holidays

Parksville, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Overall very pleasant experience. Rooms a bit dated, but good value for price. Excellent service, especially front desk. Food was very good, a bit pricey, but good quality and nice atmosphere. Pool and hot tub were very nice to sit outside.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review jpjohn39 ! We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us and experienced our amazing guest service team at the front desk. The entire resort offers unparalleled guest service as we are all trained in World Host hospitality so it is nice to hear feedback from our guests and I was happy to share your review with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Happy Holidays from the Kingfisher Resort!

Courtenay, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have been to the Kingfisher numerous times and on many different occasions. We had a family photo shoot there once, many birthday celebrations, a Christmas party or two, and yesterday for a nice little lunch and pedicure. The Kingfisher team / staff are very accommodating ! I am always very pleased with the service and the quality. Thank you to the Kingfisher restaurant for an awesome lunch yesterday and thank you to Alesia at the spa- my pedicure was so relaxing and my toes look beautiful!

Room Tip: I did not stay at the resort this trip but when I stayed before we were very close to the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review Comoxgardengirl ! We are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful experience with us. Our staff strive to exceed our guests expectations and offer unparalleled service everyday so it is nice to hear your feedback and we will share your review with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Happy Holidays
Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

I come to Courtenay on business often and stay at Kingfisher by default.

The rooms are very clean and spacious. The beds are comfortable and the rooms have a nice view of the courtyard and ocean. The decor is a bit dated which isn't a big deal but I recommend they do something about the dated technology soon. The tvs are still the old tubes (I don't see these anywhere in my travels anymore except this resort). The wifi is hit and miss. Many hotels on the island are now going to individual room wifi which is great.

The restaurant is super nice with an amazing view and the chefs are accommodative with dietary needs. The meals are quite pricey though so I don't eat here very often.

The spa is also very nice. I recommend trying the hydropath, it's an experience.

The main thing that bothers me about this place is that they treat me like a first time guest any time I come. I have been loyal to the resort but they don't show any acknowledgment or treat me any better than a one time guest. Their checkout is 11am which is highly unusual at resorts and hotels these days. Today I was late checking out and the front desk lady called and politely told me to leave asap. This is very disappointing because other places I stay at on the island usually tell me to take my time if I need it, no questions asked. (Probably because they appreciate my regular business)

Another downside of their studio rooms is that you have to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs outdoors, sometimes in bad weather. If you have heavy bags it's not fun and they don't offer any help. Would be nice to have an elevator or staff willing to help.

I definitely recommend the resort for a one time vacation if you want to try something different. If you're looking to stay frequently though, you might end up considering other places in Courtenay like I am now.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Kingfisher and it will most likely be the last. The linens on the bed were clean and the towels in the bathroom were clean. The room needed a paint job. There were many dead bugs in the light sconces in the bathroom. Dead mosquitos were squished on the ceiling above the shower, in the lamp shade by the bed and on the wall by the coffee maker. There was a half smoked joint on the window sill!
I booked a 45 minute back, neck and shoulder massage. It was okay. I asked for firm pressure and the massage therapist fiddled around with her thumbs but never really got in deep (she should have used her elbows). Also, I filled out the form in the reception area before the massage and the massage therapist noticed that I live in a popular tourist destination. After my massage, she told me that she was visiting my town and wondered if I could recommend places to stay! Do I look like your travel agent?! Very inappropriate to ask someone these questions while they are on a vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Penny L
Kyla T, Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you for your review Penny L. I am very sorry to hear that you stay with us was not up to your expectations. Our Front Office Manager & Housekeeping Manager have reviewed your comments and are addressing the concerns with additional training with the team members involved.

I do hope I have a chance to speak with you soon.

Warmest Regards,
Port Alberni, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I took my girlfriend on a getaway for 2 nights on the Travel Zoo deal for $175 for 2 nights in an "ocean view" room. On arrival we realized it was a standard room with a peekaboo view of the ocean. The room was very "90's" style and we felt it was like staying at an average hotel. The dining experience was ok but the restaurant could use some upgrading. We brought stuff to make breakfast in our room and asked if a toaster could be brought , which the houkeeper did bring. Come the next morning when we went to use it, it never worked. The shower had no pressure at all, and on the morning we checked out I found a silverfish in the bottom of the tub!! The treatments that my girlfriend recieved was a "pregnancy Massage" Apparantly I could have given her the same massage and that it was probably not worth the 110 dollars. The lady working at the front desk never once asked if we enjoyed our stay when we were checking out so I asked for a comment card, and still she did not inqire about our stay. I proceeded to tell her about the silver fish and poor water pressure. She stated " Oh, thats too bad" (no apology). I thought that given I had filled out a comment card regarding our stay that a manager may have got in contact with me regarding our complaints. It has been 2 weeks or more since our stay...Nothing yet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Haley G
Natasha R, Manager at Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for your review Haley G. I am very sorry to hear that you stay with us was not up to your expectations. I would personally like to speak with you regarding your stay, and invite you to contact me directly at the resort at 1-800-663-7929, please ask for Kyla Trottier.

I hope I have a chance to speak with you soon.

All the best,
The Kingfisher Leadership Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
#1 of 4 in Central Saanich

Been to Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!