We stayed there a couple weeks ago in a beachfront suite. Here's what I'll say:
The view is great. The room was just ok, the food was just ok, and everything was generally underwhelming, especially for the price. Had I paid a lot less, I would have been thrilled, but for what our stay cost us, I don't think it's great value. For the money you'll spend, there are better places to sgtay.
The Hydropath is AMAZING. It's worth the trip.
Except for this...
We paid well over $800 for our weekend, and 50 each to go into the Hydropath. As we were entering, some people showed up and were told they were having a 2 for 1 special that day. They received the 2 for 1 special. We asked for the special, and were told that we could not have it.
.... So, you're telling me that people who show up at the last second get a 2 for 1 deal, but the people who booked in advance and paid nearly a grand to stay at your hotel on a weekend away have to pay full price? Heck no.
We complained on the way out and were told it's "kind of like a seat sale for airlines".
Actually it's not, and we won't be back. Not impressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. Warm hospitality. Full service spa including the Pacific Mist Hydropath(R). Exceptional service. Be yourself. Be pampered. We'll take care of the rest... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingfisher Oceanside Hotel Courtenay
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort And Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada