For about 5 years now I make an annual trip to the Kingfisher in the spring with my mom and sister for at least a one-night package stay.
I have also enjoyed their 2-3 night packages both with friends and relatives.
We find the Kingfisher hotel and spa to be relaxing, calm, pretty, comfortable and peaceful.
Though the hotel itself is a tad on the older side, the rooms are spacious, clean and comfy. We typically have an "ocean-view" room at the upper building, which sounds fancy but they are the most basic of the rooms they offer. They have many different suites and rooms closer to the ocean shore in a lower building, but these basic rooms do offer an ocean view as promised with views of their garden walkways to the restaurant and spa.
We appreciated that our rooms always provided a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave, as well as a DVD player and pull-out TV.
The bed and bathroom linens are always clean, soft and feel expensive. The toiletries provided in the bathrooms are always top notch and great products.
Our only tiny issue has been that their beds tend towards being on the hard side.
The complimentary pool and hot tub facilities are also excellent. Though the pool is outdoors, it is half covered and warm enough to swim in the spring. The hot tub is relaxing and I've heard good things about the steam cave, though I have yet to try it out.
The restaurant and spa are both excellent, with many options and a variety of reasonable cost choices as well as luxury items and services. (I will detail both in separate reviews.)
The staff is always kind and easy to speak with.
They hotel is gracious when any mistakes are made, such as one trip the spa Hydropath service (highly recommend it!) was unavailable due to an unexpected problem, which unfortunately was the only spa service we had booked for our one-night stay. The hotel offered us any other spa services of equal cost, but since at that late notice all their spa time slots were booked, we could not use the offered voucher. The hotel treated us to our dinners and breakfasts instead and made our almost disappointing trip into a success with us feeling like we came away with an excellent deal and great service after all.
We will continue to come back to the Kingfisher, a peaceful getaway, a calm retreat and a small holiday without leaving Vancouver Island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. Warm hospitality. Full service spa including the Pacific Mist Hydropath(R). Exceptional service. Be yourself. Be pampered. We'll take care of the rest... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingfisher Oceanside Hotel Courtenay
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort And Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada