My friends and I stayed in the Grand Pacific Suite for a long weekend: 5 people the first night and 3 people for the remaining nights. Even with 5 people it was comfortable due to there being 2 bathrooms in this suite and a balcony that runs the length of the suite. You are right on the shore line and you get magnificent 240 degree views looking south & east & a little bit north. I saw the sun rise two mornings and I never see that in the city! The stars & milky way were in full display at night. We heard loons calling a few times and there were 2 herons along the shore in the early morning hours.
We booked the spa package which included credits for spa services & dining in the restaurant. The staff at the spa are super & the services - super relaxing (book your services early if it is a long weekend though!). We also got to enjoy the hydropath which is excellent & must be experienced (also included over & above the spa credits!). The outdoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam cave are free to use by anyone, at any time the spa is open. The food at the Breakwater is excellent for any meal you choose and the wait staff are very attentive.
Even the grounds are beautiful - lovely gardens & a flower & vine covered gazebo. A patio outside the spa with driftwood sculptures, driftwood planted with flowers and succulents to relax in pre-or post-treatment or whatever time you choose - again with beautiful views of the ocean.
Last but not least the front counter staff are so warm, helpful & friendly. They know the area well and were able to recommend nearby walking paths, right down to which side of the road would have the best walk & views!
We were all sad to leave ... that was my only complaint 'you mean we have to go home now?'
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort & Spa. Warm hospitality. Full service spa including the Pacific Mist Hydropath(R). Exceptional service. Be yourself. Be pampered. We'll take care of the rest... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingfisher Oceanside Hotel Courtenay
- Kingfisher Oceanside Resort And Spa Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada