We stayed at this hotel because we were in town for a wedding. Rate was reasonable and the room was clean and beds were comfortable. They had an iron and board in the room which came in handy. There was also a microwave and mini fridge in the room. Staff were courteous and helpful.
The parking is mostly outside, other than the small covered parkade below the main building. If you stay in the building behind the main one, beware if you are on the river side. We got into the room to relax for a bit after the drive in from Parksville and we heard vroom.... vroom... vroom. It sounded like we were next to a speedway. So we googled it and the nearest speedway was a bit away. We couldn't think of any other reason and aren't ones to complain, so that is what we assumed it was and figured if it was the speedway it wouldn't effect us at night because it would be closed. It wasn't super loud but if it's a nice day (like it was) and had the sliding door to the balcony open it was loud enough it was noticeable even with the tv on in the room. We got ready and drove out to the wedding and drove over a bridge which we could see from our room. It was a metal grated bridge and the light went on! It was the traffic going over the metal grated bridge!!! We heard it all night when we got back.
Other than that it's a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtenay's Only Full-Service Hotel Centrally Located in the Heart of the Comox Valley our location offers convenient access to all that Comox Valley has to offer. Our property features 67 guestrooms, inclusive of our 36 room Mountainside wing. We are pleased to provide high-speed wireless Internet, local phone calls and parking. We have three on-site food & beverage outlets including a restaurant, lounge and pub and Liquor Store. Additional hotel facilities include a heated in-door pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness facilities, business centre, guest coin laundry, and meeting facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western The Westerly Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus The Westerly Hotel And Convention Centre
- Best Western Courtenay
- Courtenay Best Western
- Best Western The Westerly Hotel Courtenay, Vancouver Island, Canada