“Sport and elegance”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Courtenay
Rome, Italy
“Sport and elegance”
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We was in a villa with our child and it was very confortable with a small cooking facility and two large beds. We had a ground floor room with direct access to playground outside. Very good for golfers.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Freeland, Washington
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I highly recommend Crown Isle Resort for any type of getaway. Ours was the romantic variety, but the villas would be great for families or business and the good course looked great too. Apparently Trip Advisor would like me to use a minimum of 200 characters, though what I had to say was done. Hopefully this is now at least 200 characters.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Penticton, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stay here on business regularly over the last couple of years, and am always impressed by how nice and clean the rooms are. They are so much better than what any chain can offer, and for about the same price. Nice sized rooms, and you can get full suites as well that are very well appointed. However, there is some room for small improvements, and updating done in a couple of areas. I can't believe they offer such beautiful rooms, and you're stuck with a 20" tube TV? Flat screens are cheaper than ever these days, and standard in many lower quality hotels. Bathrooms (shower) could also use a bit of an upgrade, but minor issue, really. Bar/restaurant is pretty good, service and food, however, there are no other options on that side of town within walking distance. Front desk service is always great, friendly staff, check out is quick and easy. I always look forward to coming back. Haven't had a chance to try the golf yet, but hope to soon, looks like a great course.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
CrownResort, Manager at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for the feedback on your stay at Crown Isle. We are currently in the process of changing out the TV’s you referenced, with new flat screens. To date almost half of the TV units have been upgraded, with the rest being completed in the not too distant future. As part of our ongoing efforts to maintain the high quality level of our villa units, our regular unit inspections aim to identify those items that we might target for attention. Your comment about the bathroom shower has been reviewed by our team with the view to ensuring this component is covered in our inspections.
I appreciate your comments, as this type of input allows us to better understand the preferences of our guests.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed 7 nights in the villas. The room was spacious and bright with lots of windows and nice views of the golf course. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well, although the A/C unit was quite loud. Still, it was really hot that week so it was certainly better than no A/C at all! My only concern was the cleaning routine, or lack thereof. I found it quite inconsistent: despite always leaving my towels on the rack, some days they were replaced, others they were not. Every day but the first one my hand soap was removed and a new one was (usually) left. Why do I need new soap every day? Aside from a few dead bugs on window sills I found the room to be clean. Others in my group were less impressed with the cleanliness, finding dead bugs on the bathroom counter and the mirror not washed for multiple days. The front desk was friendly and overall I didn't mind staying there, but I certainly wish there was a pool!

Room Tip: Take a top floor room. The people in my group with occupied rooms above them said they could hear ev...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
CrownResort, Manager at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback on the cleaning routine during your stay at Crown Isle resort. We do try to ensure consistency with our room cleaning process. As indicated on the conservation notice in the bathroom amenities basket, towels hung on the rack are to be left for reuse. Many hotels today follow such a practice in order to conserve water. On longer term stays, such as 7 nights, our housekeeping team does attempt to freshen up the towels after a few days. A fresh bar of soap is placed in the amenities basket simply for convenience and does not need to be opened if the guest is satisfied with the used bar.
Many of our Villas are located either on the golf course or in a wooded area, with this locale a few bugs do get into the units when front doors and balcony doors are used and invariably expire trying to get out. Our housekeeping team make every effort to keep the rooms pristine during our guests stay.
Your review has been discussed at our top management level and from it we are re-evaluating the message and placement of our "towel message" as well as how many times per day our housekeepers check on the guest rooms.
I appreciate your comments. Reviews help us assess how we conduct our business and in some cases improve our product.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2012

For the price of a hotel room you get a lavishly furnished condo apartment with fireplace(s), Full Kitchen, Honeymoon Hot Tub in the bedroom, and a multihead shower. Overlooks the golf course, and rooms are a short walk to a great pub with patio on sunny days - Terrific value - only regret was that I was travelling on business alone!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I've stayed at Crown Isle on work and personal trips over the past 7-8 years. Fortunately, the place hasn't really changed much. Great rooms, awesome views of the golf course, and friendly staff. Unfortunately, the place hasn't really changed much - starting to show its age. Needs some new linens, new TV's, and new paint. The good news is on my last stay I noticed that they FINALLY added A/C units to the villas (used to be hot in the summer).

The food at the Silverado and Timber Room restaurants remains overpriced and under quality based on my expectations - you're best off to go into Courtenay or Comox for better dinner/lunch options. There are plenty to choose from.

Be sure to try the golf course if you have time... It's one of the better ones in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for the top/2nd floor of any of the villas - you don't want to be on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you very much for your loyalty in staying with us for the past 8 years. All customer comments are discussed with our management team with the goal for us to continually improve and exceed our guests expectations.
I am pleased when we receive reviews - particularly on our staff service and product we offer. I am also pleased to mention that we are in the process of updating our Guest Villas with new TVs, guest robes and a newer style of bedding. New carpet has been ordered for our Clubhouse, as have new chairs for our restaurants. 2012 is indeed a big year for us...and we are excited for all of these updates. Hopefully on your next stay you will see our progress.
The Comox Valley has many great places to dine. I believe we offer two great options with our family-friendly Timber Room and our dining room, Silverado. We continually work on our menus, utilizing the Comox Valley's local farms, freshest meats and seafood. We too, have high expectations of ourselves and appreciate your comments here as well. I am glad to have many great options for eating here in the Valley.
Best Regards, Gregor Mowatt - Director of Operations
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We treated our daughter and son-in-law to an anniversary dinner at the main dining room, the Silverado, at Crown Isle. The food was absolutely outstanding. We all started with the "award winning bisque" which will continue winning awards it was so outstanding. Then 3 of us had the sirloin which was cooked to perfection and delicious. My wife had the pork which she also thoroughly enjoyed. We all had different desserts so we could all taste and again enjoy. Add to this the lovely setting and the outstanding service to make this a truly memorable meal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Old House Hotel & Spa
#1 of 9 in Courtenay
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Courtenay Comox Valley SW
Best Western The Westerly Hotel
Port Augusta Inn and Suites
Prestige Oceanfront Resort, BW Premier Collection
Kingfisher Oceanside Resort and Spa

Been to The Villas at Crown Isle Resort? Share your experiences!