“Mid-week Getaway”

The Villas at Crown Isle Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Courtenay
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Attended an event held at resort. Good package which included $15 meal coupon for each person.Check-in was friendly and courteous. Dinner in dinning room very nice, good food and service. Reasonably priced. Room with 2 queen beds, very large and well lilte bathroom with heated floor, very tidy and comfortable. Only irritant was a sensor light on the inside of the suite over the door. Every time someone walked past it went on! Grounds were lovely (not a golfer). Would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose 2nd floor. We stayed on ground floor only because our friends stayed above. Otherwise top flo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
CrownResort, Manager at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

We appreciate your comments and are very pleased that you enjoyed your accommodation and dining experience. Our staff strive to make our guests very comfortable and assist as they can to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. We will review the sensor light issue with our maintenance team, to see what kind of corrective action is possible. Again, thank you for the comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Very nice condo type units on a lovely golf course. We don’t golf, but the location was an excellent base for us to explore this area of Vancouver Island. Large units that include washer/dryers, nice kitchens and all you need. A bit dated. Very good attached restaurant.

Room Tip: As a summer travel note, our room had a rather strange portable type air conditioner that was challe...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We had a great stay. Rooms are a little dated, but still very nice and clean. The setting is quite beautiful, even if you aren't a golfer. Spa at Crown Isle would be a great addition. Location is also good. Would recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My Fiance and I decided to part take in a recent event being held at Crown Isle, the resort had offered a fantastic deal for tickets and a stay. We were happy to see such a great deal as Crown Isle would generally be out of our price range for our accommodation choices if the deal had not been an option.

The event was amazing, however we were a little disappointed in our room which was just a standard room with 2 queen beds. When getting ready for the event I had filled the tub to have a quick soak and the tub filled with brown water.... Also the feeling of the room seemed a little bit out dated and cold.

Our service at check in was nice and quick however it lacked a personable feel which I have received at many other resorts. I felt as though they wanted to deal with me as quick as possible. This was really disappointing as their Banquet Servers were way more friendly then the Front Desk staff who are my first impression of the resort.

Overall unless there was another great deal like the one we received with the package we bought I probably would unfortunately not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want luxury go for a premium room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
CrownResort, Manager at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Thank you for your comments and we’re pleased that you enjoyed our annual Winefest event. Our package prices are determined by the type of room included in the package and we do offer packages with one bedroom jacuzzi suites, at very competitive rates. We have reviewed your comments with our management team, each department involved has been notified to assist in improving our performance.
Again, we thank you and do appreciate your input.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

First off.............I have to say that I wasn't going to leave a review about my negative experience until I read the completely condescending responses the management at Crown Isle gives to the reviews. WOW...I find it completely unprofessional that the management is allowed to leave comments like this. They are accusatory and defensive and not at all neutral.
I wonder what mine will be.
Ok...just finished a wedding. I was in the wedding party and I brought my whole family to stay. I have stayed here many times before and have always been pleased but this time was less than satisfactory. My room was in the very last block away from the resort. Pretty crappy when you are the maid of honor and the ENTIRE wedding party is split up. I had to do a lot of walking in heels to get anywhere.
My room this time was well.....meh! I was the first to book out of the whole group and I with my husband and two kids get the crappiest room. However, in saying that the room was not terrible so i won't be barking up this tree.....just saying they are way nicer rooms and I feel like i was stuffed in the corner without any regard for the group.
Oh yes...lets talk about the cabin in the woods. The cabin in the woods was rented specifically to host a Rehearsal Dinner. We had family arriving from various destinations. It seemed convenient as when booked we were assured that it had a FULL kitchen and would suit our needs (we were specific and upfront with our needs). We check in early to get a head start on food prep. This is no cabin in the woods haha. It should be called cabin the parking lot!! Wouldn't you know this full kitchen does not have a stove, or a full size fridge, or even a barbecue! We had no choice but to go to Walmart and purchase hot plates so that we could pull off a dinner. What a waste of our money!!! (anyone want to buy a hotplate) We did let the staff know that this was unacceptable and the party was moved to a condo with a loft and a full kitchen however, they tried to charge more for it. There was some words however in the end we did not pay more and the loft suited the parties needs.
I found the front check in staff (and not all of them) to be slightly rude. I understand that we were making requests, however, you are in the hospitality industry and this is your job!!! We paid good money for this wedding and without business like ours your resort would not thrive and you would be out of a job. Our job was to throw a party. We paid you to facilitate it.
The night of the wedding.....food was pretty good. Mashed potatoes however were not edible. To be quite honest, i have had better at the crown isle so that is a little disappointing. Edible...yes...value for the money...no.
The staff took the linen off the table and kept all of the rented Napkins. We cleaned the room the next morning and asked the check in desk for help retrieving them. I explained that we were all packed up and now checked out however, we needed to return our rented linens and they were not in the room. We were told that the laundry was closed and there was nothing that she could do?!?!?!?!?!?!?
I let her know again that we were from out of town and needed to take the linen with us to return it but could not afford to miss our ferries. She then let me know that it was our responsibility and they don't return it for us.
Again, really professional.
Morning breakfast for a large group was inconsistent. Some guests got fruit on there plates...some didn't even though it was the same dish. Strange. Slow with drinks and coffee and food was edible, but again....it used to be better. I am afraid the Crown Isle's Hayday is now over. That is sad because i really like staying there.
I feel that with the price of the wedding, over 25 rooms booked, all the money spent on drinks from the guests, all the food purchased in the restaurant would assure us a little better service.
Its really too bad it didn't because word of mouth (and tripadvisor) is gonna make or break you. We exposed your resort to our guests who traveled from far and wide and unfortunately the complaints were the same from everyone. In fact....i can't wait for them to tell you there story themselves.
I think the quality of this resort has gone downhill.Sorry Crown Isle, I was really rooting for you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank atfox1
CrownResort, Manager at The Villas at Crown Isle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for your comments. Please accept our apologies if our replies appear condescending, as that was not the intent, we were just trying to be factual. We have reviewed your comments and have directed them to the various departments involved. Your comments will serve as indicators to the department managers for additional training requirements for their staff.
Again, we do appreciate your comments and will action them accordingly.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Spacious, well appointed villa with easy access to pub and nearby walking trails. We had a view of the forest - if we stayed again, we would try to get a villa facing the golf course. The Crown Isle property is beautiful...a real oasis from the bustling town of Courtenay.

Room Tip: If you have any kind of gift certificate (especially from Costco) ensure you can use it before you m...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I attended a conference at the resort. The rooms were really nice - lots of space - comfortable bed, nicely stocked kitchen and spacious bathroom with extras like jacuzzi tub, double head shower, double sinks, and tons of towels. Our room was very clean and maintained throughout our stay. Perhaps it was because the whole resort was booked for the business conference with mostly single people in each room, I did not experience any problems that others on this site reported. My stay was very quiet and staff were very helpful and professional. Food was set up buffet style and staff were quick to clear plates. I golfed at the resort and it was first class. Couse in excellent shape. Beautiful layout and scenery, some deer on one of the holes, and great pace - 4 hours to play. The marshall was very friendly. I would come back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Barb N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Courtenay
Old House Hotel & Spa
Painter's Lodge
Painter's Lodge
#3 of 16 in Campbell River
Beach Club Resort - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts

Been to The Villas at Crown Isle Resort? Share your experiences!